PDA

View Full Version : broken down trikes.

piroguedog
01-06-2008, 05:51 PM
my neighbor behind me has had 2 broken down trikes in his back yard for years. ones a tri moto 175 and one looks like a 200s. im sure good and locked up. plastics may be in unbroken condition but way faded and mildewed. just wondering if they would be economical projects or worth parting out some pieces if i got them for free. Ive always wanted to get them out of my sight anyways. when I look back there i hear the themesong to sanford and son in my head. OK yall are making the song with your mouths now huh.

the great gazoo
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd snatch 'em up if I were you, I've always wanted to mess @ w/ a tri-moto 175. I say get 'em!

tri-Z ripper
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
hell i say go for it!

Threes company
01-06-2008, 06:42 PM
The key word in your post is "free".... I love that word, lol. I say go for it, whether or not you can bring em back to life is one thing, but they could make good parts bikes down the road. Depending on how messed uo the Tri-Moto is that might make a cool project..... you don't see em that often anyways, and if the plastics are just faded and not cracked..... they might be salvageable...Good luck! :beer

Jim mac
01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
You'd be surprised the abuse these things will take and still run. If it doesnt turn over, just fill the cylinder through the plug hole with penetrating oil let it sit for a day or two. put it in gear and slowly rock it back and forth. you maybe pleasantly surprised. Jim

threewheelin-feelin
01-07-2008, 01:00 AM
check the oil first...and if it does turn over new plug and gas and carb cleaned i bet it will run