PDA

View Full Version : Another WTF banned 3 wheeler?

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I have had many requests from people to see the 3 wheeler ATV reports that I received from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission yesterday. So rather then spam everyones email I created a small website that hosts the info. You can access it at this address and by all means spread the address to everyone. Maybe a little common sense will kick in and set the records straight. Anyway here is the link:

https://sites.google.com/site/3wheeleratvaccidentreports/
or
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php?263-3-Wheeler-ATV-Accident-Reports

Orignal thread below:

Yes I have another thread about this but no it's not the same thing.

Has anyone ever requested the reports of the supposed deaths caused by the 3 wheelers? Well I did and recieved them today. What a pile of crap. Have any of you actually stopped to read some of these reports????

As you read below please note that all of the reports are of people riding in an unsafe manner and causing themseleves to be injured. These are the actual reports from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission the pretain specific to offroad 3 wheeled ATV's. This is not the complete list but just a few from the top of the list of reports.

There is roughly 495 page of reports. I will quote some of them here:

1. |MO|A 55 YEAR OLD MALE WAS RIDING A 3-WHEEL ATV ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY. THE|ATV SUDDENLY VEERED OFF THE HIGHWAY AND OVERTURNED. THE MAN WAS |THROWN FROM THE ATV. THE HIGHWAY PATROL INVESTIGATED AND CLASSIFIED |THE ACCIDENT AS "NON-MOTOR VEHICLE". THE COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINER |CONCLUDED THE MAN DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES, PROBABLY A HEART ATTACK |WHICH RESULTED IN THE ACCIDENT.

2. N|ON 11-26-92 (THINKSGIVING DAY), AT APPROXIMATELY 0540 HOURS, A |25 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED FATAL HEAD INJURIES AFTER BEING THROWN |FROM HIS 4-WHEEL ATV WHEN IT COLLIDED HEAD-ON WITH HIS UNCLE'S |3-WHEEL ATV ON A RURAL COUNTY ROAD NEAR THEIR HOMES, AS THEY |WERE PREPARING TO LEAVE ON A DEER HUNTING TRIP. NEITHER VEHICLE |HAD HEADLAMPS "ON".

3. A 12-YEAR-OLD MALE WAS EXECUTING A TURN AT 20 MPH FROM PAVEMENT TO | GRAVEL WHEN HE LOST CONTROL OF THE ATV. HE WAS THROWN FROM THE ATV | AS IT WENT DOWN AN EMBANKMENT. THE OPERATOR HIT HIS HEAD ON A LARGE | ROCK CAUSING MASSIVE HEAD TRAUMA AND DEATH.

4. 19 YEAR OLD MALE WAS RIDING HIS 3 WHEEL ATV AT HIGH SPEED ALONG AN | ASPHALT ROAD. HE WAS INTOXICATED AND HAD A BLOOD ALCOHOL OF .24. | HE GOING AT AN UNSAFE SPEED, WHEN HE REALIZED THAT A METAL GATE IN | FRONT OF HIM WAS CLOSE. HE STRUCK THE METAL GATE. HE DIED THE NEXT| DAY AT THE HOSPITAL FROM MULTIPLE BLUNT FORCE INJURIES AND | FRACTURES.

5. A NINETEEN YEAR OLD MALE WAS OPERATING A 3 WHEEL ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE | WHICH HAD NO BRAKES AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED ON A PUBLIC ROAD. HE | LOST CONTROL OF THE ATV IN A CURVE AND STRUCK SEVERAL FENCE POSTS | AND OVERTURNED. HE RECEIVED FATAL HEAD INJURIES.

6. AT ABOUT 10:45 P.M. A 33 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS A PASSENGER ON A 3 |WHEEL ATV DRIVEN BY A 26 YEAR OLD MALE, SUFFERED A FRACTURED SKULL |WHEN HE WAS THROWN FROM THE VEHICLE. THE DRIVER WAS ON THE WALKWAY |OF A BRIDGE ATTEMPTING TO CATCH UP TO ANOTHER ATV AND WAS TRAVELLING |A HIGH RATE OF SPEED. THE LEFT REAR WHEEL OF THE ATV STRUCK ONE OF |THE WALKWAY SUPPORTS. THE DRIVER WAS NOT INJURED AND THE VICTIM DIED|TWO DAYS LATER. THE DRIVER HAD A BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVEL OF 0.22.

7. AT APPROXIMATELY 11:30 PM ON 5/15/85 THE 19 YEAR OLD VICTIM WAS SITT-|ING ON THE SEAT OF HIS STOPPED, 3-WHEEL ATV WHEN HIS ATV'S RIGHT REAR|TIRE WAS STRUCK FROM BEHIND BY ANOTHER 3-WHEEL ATV TRAVELING AT A |FAST SPEED. THE VICTIM WAS THROWN OFF, IN FRONT AND TO THE RIGHT OF |HIS ATV, SPRAINING HIS RIGHT WRIST AND LEFT ARM. HIS ATV WAS RUNNING|BUT OUT OF GEAR AT THE TIME OF ACCIDENT. IT WAS KNOCKED FORWARD TO |THE LEFT BY THE IMPACT, BUT NOT DAMAGED BY THIS INCIDENT. VICTIM HAS|FULLY RECOVERED.

8. A 19 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED CONTUSIONS AND ABRASIONS TO HIS UPPER |CHEST WHEN THE THREE WHEELER ATV HE WAS OPERATING ON A FRIEND'S |DRIVEWAY TIPPED OVER. THE VICTIM REFUSED AN ON-SITE INVESTIGATION |AND CLAIMS THE INCIDENT WAS A RESULT OF HIS OWN CLOWNING AROUND BY |STANDING UP WITH HANDS OFF THE HANDLEBARS LIKE HE WOULD DO ON HIS |MOTORCYCLE. THE ATV WAS OWNED BY THE VICTIM'S FRIEND. (This guy tell truth!!)

9. AN ELEVEN YEAR OLD BOY WAS STRUCK AND KILLED BY AN AUTOMOBILE AS HE |ATTEMPTED TO PUSH A 3-WHEELED ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE ACROSS A FEDERAL |HIGHWAY. THE VICTIM WAS RUNNING ALONG SIDE THE ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE |AND WAS NOT RIDING THE VEHICLE.

10. AUNT HAD TAKEN TWO NIECES (9 & 11 YRS OLD) TO THE CAR RACETRACK OWNED|BY THE CHILDREN'S PARENTS, AUNT WAS IN THE OFFICE WHILE THE TWO GIRLS|WERE RIDING 3-WHEEL ATV'S ON THE TRACK. THE YOUNGER GIRL LOOKED AWAY|& DID NOT SEE HER SISTER'S ATV STOP IN FRONT OF HER. WHEN SHE LOOKED|BACK, SHE TRIED TO STOP HER ATV, BUT IT HIT THE OTHER ATV TIPPED TO |THE LEFT THROWNING HER OFF. SHE RECEIVED CONTUSIONS/ABRASIONS & WAS |TREATED & RELEASED AT LOCAL HOSPITAL. SHE IS ALL RIGHT NOW.

11. |CA|THE VICTIM, A 4 YEAR OLD BOY,DIED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING A 3-WHEEL |ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE. THERE WERE NO WITNESSES TO THIS ACCIDENT. THE |VICTIM WAS FOUND LYING ON THE GROUND AND THE ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE WAS |FOUND NEARBY ON ITS SIDE. THE VICTIM IS REPORTED TO HAVE BEEN |WEARING A HELMET, BUT IT APPARENTLY CAME OFF DURING THE ACCIDENT AND |WAS FOUND 5' OR 6 FEET AWAY FROM THE VICTIM. THE VICTIM DIED DUE TO |HEAD INJURIES. THE VICTIM WAS DOA AT A HOSPITAL E.R. THE VICTIM WAS|OPERATING ATV ALONE.

12. PA|THE PRODUCT INVOLVED IN THIS ACCIDENT WAS A 1985 THREE-WHEELED ALL- |TERRAIN VEHICLE. ONE DEATH IS REPORTED. THE VICTIM, A 33 YEAR OLD |MALE, SUSTAINED MULTIPLE HEAD INJURIES WHEN THE ATV HE WAS RIDING |STRUCK A TREE. THIS ACCIDENT OCCURED IN THE VICTIMS DRIVEWAY. THERE|WERE NO WITNESSES TO THIS ACCIDENT. THE VICTIM WAS NOT WEARING A |HELMET.

13. A 15 YEAR OLD, 5'4", 100 LB. MALE DIED FROM FATAL HEAD |INJURIES AFTER THE 3-WHEEL ATV HE RODE CRESTED THE TOP OF A LEVEE |(HILL) AT A SPEED TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS, BECAME AIRBORNE & FELL |20 FEET TO BOTTOM OF A CLIFF. VICTIM APPARENTLY RODE UP INCLINED |SIDE OF LEVEE AT 35-40 MPH, NOT REALIZING OPPOSITE SIDE WAS A CLIFF |WHICH DROPPED STRAIGHT DOWN. VICTIM WORE NO HELMET OR SAFETY |EQUIPMENT. AUTOPSY INDICATED NO BLOOD ALCOHOL CONTENT. SMALL |AMOUNTS OF COCAINE AND MARIJUANA WERE FOUND IN VICTIM'S CLOTHING |AFTER ACCIDENT. ATV RECEIVED MINOR DAMAGES.

First and formost - I understand the pain the families of the riders must & some cases are still going through. It is truley a tragity when life is lost.

These are just some of the reports of 3 wheeled atv deaths. People need to understand that the 3 wheeled atvs are not cuaingthe accidents. It's the riders. There are so many of them where the accidents are due to drinking and driving. One of them was actually reported as the atv's fault:

"A 22 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED FATAL HEAD INJURIES WHEN THE 3 WHEEL ATV|HE HAD STOLEN WHILE AT A PARTY AND WHICH HE OPERATED RECKLESSLY ON |PUBLIC STREETS WITH POLICE IN PURSUIT RAMMED INTO THE SIDE OF A |PURSUING PATROL CAR CAUSING THE VICTIM TO LOOSE CONTROL AND OVERTURN.|THE VICTIM WORE NO HELMET AND HAD REPORTEDLY CONSUMED ALCOHOLIC |BEVERAGES WHILE AT THE PARTY PRIOR TO DRIVING AWAY IN THE ATV WITHOUT|THE OWNER'S PERMISSION. "

What the hell?? How is it the atv's fault that the guy stole the thing and ran from the police!?! In what world is a person not responsible for there own actions. I guess maybe the 3 wheeler started it self up and made the guy get one and ride down the street and run fromthe police and crash into the police car. To top that the 3 wheeler made the guy drink beer and ride... There are a many reports of people buying their you kids 9 to like 12 their first 3 wheeler and letting them haul ass with no helmet, gear or training. Those are the people that are causing the issues.

If the right person was to bring up these reports the 3 wheeled atv's would not be such a "Dangerous machine". They would be deemded safe like the 2, 4, 6, 10 wheelers.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Another "3 Wheel ATV" fault death. Remember the 3 wheeler made him do it.

THE VICTIM IS A 39 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS RIDING A 1984 3 WHEELED |ATV ON A SLIGHTLY FLAT OPEN FARM PASTURE BEHIND HIS HOUSE. H HIT |A GULLEY WHILE DOING A WHEELIE, CAUSING THE FRONT TIRE TO DO A |LEFT HAND SKID. THE ATV BECAME AIRBORNE, THREW HIM TO THE GROUND |TO THE LEFT AND LANDED ON TOP OF HIM. HE SUSTAINED MASSIVE HEAD |INJURIES WHICH RESULTED IN HIS DEATH.

hadar
01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Where did you get all that shizz from? It looks like they were mostly drunk and on hard roads. What a load!

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I got it from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. I called them up and requested the info.

I had the option to recieve the info via:

1. Email
2. CD (Which I would have to send in)
3. Paper

I oped for email :) = Faster (3 weeks bah!)

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Watch out for those 3 wheeled atv's. They do all the thinking for you....

15-1/2 MALE KILLED ON IMPACT WHEN HIS THREE WHEELER ATV WAS |STRUCK BY ONCOMING PASSENGER TRAIN. ACCIDENT OCCURRED ON RAILROAD |TRACKS AFTER VICTIM HAD ENTANGLED HIS ATV'S FRONT FRAME ON THE RAIL. |VICTIM WAS TRYING TO BACK OFF THE VEHICLE WHEN TRAIN STRUCK HIM. |DOA AT MEDICAL CENTER.

I am dam sure I would leave it there before getting run over by a train!!!!!!

Another:

A 12 YEAR-OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A 3-WHEELED ATV WITH A PASSENGER ON |THE BACK ON A DIRT ROAD BETWEEN 2 FIELDS. SOMETHING HIT THE DRIVER |IN AN EYE CAUSING HIME TO LOSE CONTROL AND RUN INTO FURROWS CAUSING |THE ATV TO FLIP. THE ATV LANDED ON THE DRIVER, KILLING HIM.

Warning! Must drive with eyes OPEN!

A 27 YEAR-OLD MALE WAS INJURED WHEN HE STRUCK A STEEL CABLE USED TO |BARRICADE AN ENTRANCE TO PRIVATE PROPERTY WHILE RIDING AN ATV. THE |ACCIDENT OCCURED ON A CLEAR DAY ON AN UNPAVED BUT DRY SURFACE. THE |POLICE COULD FIND NO DEFECTS WITH THE ATV. THE VICTIM REFUSED TO |DISCUSS THE INCIDENT WITH THIS INVESTIGATOR & THE VICTIM'S ATTORNEY |HUNG UP THE TELEPHONE AFTER HEARING THAT THE COMMISSION WAS INTERES- |TED IN THE CASE. NO OHTER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 07:56 PM
13 YEAR OLD GIRL AND A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL WERE BOTH KILLED WHEN THE |THREE WHEEL ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE THEY WERE RIDING TOGETHER ON A PUB- |LIC HIGHWAY WAS STRUCK FROM BEHIND BY AN INTOXICATED MOTORIST.

Hmmm.... Somehow somewhere someone blamed the 3 wheeled atv for the accident.... SLAP!

WTF

How in the h3ll is this the 3 wheeled atv's fault?

VICTIM WAS OUTDOORS PLAYING WITH FRIEND & FAMILY MEMBERS. SHE WAS |RUNNING WHEN SHE TURNED A CORNER SHE RAN INTO THE ATV. VICTIM, WAS |KNOCKED OUT FOR APPROX. 5 MIN. AND SPENT 1 NIGHT IN HOSP. UNDER |OBSERVATION.

Sorry that was to funny to not share!! :lol: :lol:

RedRider_AK
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I personally like #13 in your first post the most. He didn't know where he was going and JUMPED IT DOWN A CLIFF. What kind of rider is that?! :rolleyes:

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
This reminds me of the movies or a seiour closeline... lol Atleast he was waering safety gear..

AT APPROXIMATELY 5:00 PM, A 17 YR OLD MALE SUFFERED FACIAL CONTUSION |& ABRASIONS WHEN HE RAN INTO AN UNMARKED STEEL CABLE STRETCHED ACROSS|A LOGGING TRAIL. AT THE TIME, HE WAS DRIVING A 3 WHEEL ATV AT ABOUT |25-30 MPH, AND WAS WEARING A HELMET & GOGGLES. THE CABLE STRUCK THE |VICTIM ON THE CHIN GUARD OF HIS HELMET & KNOCKED HIM OFF THE BACK OF |THE ATV. :lol:

Pay attetion tot he end of this one. Do you think the police officer was being sarcastic?

A 10 YEAR OLD BOY RECEIVED MINOR CONTUSIONS ON HIS CHIN AND ELBOW |IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING A 3-WHEELED ATV. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME |THE VICTIM HAD OPERATED AN ATV AND WAS RIDING ALONE. ATV STRUCK |OBJECT (BLEACHERS), RESULTING IN A THROWN RIDER. THE VICTIM WAS NOT |WEARING A HELMET OR ANY PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. HE HIT THE BLEACHERS |AND WAS INJURED. PRIOR TO THE ATV'S IMPACT WITH THE BLEACHERS, THE |ATV WAS MOVING SLOWLY AND THE VICTIM STARTED TURNING IT, BUT HE DID |NOT TURN SHARP ENOUGH.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Ouchies!!! :eek:

A 16 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED INJURIES, WHICH INCLUDED A FRACTURED |RIGHT HIP, A SPRAINED PELVIS, TWO FRACTURED KNUCKLES ON HIS RIGHT |HAND AND A LACERATED SCROTUM WHEN THE BORROWED ALL TERRAIN VEHILCE |WHICH HE WAS DRIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME AT APPROXIMATELY 50 MILES PER|HOUR, STRUCK A TREE.

Dammit!
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Let us know when you find one that could even remotely be considered a result of the design.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Watch out! Them atv's bite!

TRYING TO FIX ATV, BOY ACCIDENTLY CUT HAND.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
@ Dammit. Read about 90 to 100 so far and I have not seen 1! Not even remotely near a flaw or flawed feature. But some funny people though...

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Kids will be kids... Don't see any atv caused problem here either....

THERE WERE THREE CHILDREN RIDING A 3 WHEELED ATV DOWN A TRAIL THAT |RUNS BETWEEN TWO HOMES. AS THEY WERE DRIVING, ONE OF THE RIDERS PUT |A PIECE OF COLD WATERMELLON ON THE DRIVERS BACK. THIS CAUSED HIM TO |TURN AROUND SUDDENLY & MOMENTARILY LOSE CONTROL OF THE ATV. THE ATV |WENT INTO A RUT, WHICH CAUSED IT TO ROLL OVER. ALL THREE CHILDREN |REC'D MINOR BUMPS AND BRUISES DURING THE ACCIDENT.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
This is a Perfect point in case that parents need to be responsible for their actions as well as their kids actions!

THE PRODUCT INVOLVED IN THIS INDEPTH INVESTIGATION IS A THREE WHEELER|THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED WHEN THE DRIVER A 5 YEAR OLD BOY AND HIS 3 YEAR|OLD BROTHER(PASSENGER) ACCIDENTLY DROVE OR FLIPPED OVER INTO AN |IRRIGATION POND, WHILE DRIVING THE 3-WHEEL ATV. THE DRIVER DROWNED |AS A RESULT OF THE ACCIDENT. THE PASSENGER WAS TREATED AND RELEASED |FROM THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM.

ATC-Eric
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds more like the Darwin awards.........

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
This is why I took my front brake off...

14 YEAR OLD WAS THROWN FROM A 3 WHEELED ATV WHEN HE APPARENTLY |BRAKED USING ONLY THE FRONT WHEEL. HE LANDED ON HIS HEAD. THE |RESULTING HEAD INURIES PROVED FATAL. HE WAS WEARING A HELMET.

Billy Golightly
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
No kidding, I think we need to bring trikes back just to weed out the retards.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
What the.. I hope I can ride at that age..

A SEVENTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD MAN COMPLAINED OF SORENESS TO HIP AND CHEST |AFTER A 3-WHEELED ATV ROLLED OVER SIDEWAYS WHILE HE WAS TRAVERSING A |9-DEGREE SLOPE.

*No thats not a typo: 9 degrees. :crazy:

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
One more for the day..

Is "Trunk" an offical medical term??

A 12 YEAR OLD MALE SUFFERED A CONTUSION/ABRASION TO HIS(L) LOWER |TRUNK, WHEN HE FELL OFF A 3 WHEELER.

Dammit!
01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
So you got that in e-mail? Could you forward it to me at dammit987@hotmail.com ?

hadar
01-03-2008, 08:53 PM
One more for the day..

Is "Trunk" an offical medical term??

A 12 YEAR OLD MALE SUFFERED A CONTUSION/ABRASION TO HIS(L) LOWER |TRUNK, WHEN HE FELL OFF A 3 WHEELER.

I've been hit in the trunk before, it hurts alot more after 30 seconds.:lol:

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
OK d@mmit, here is a structure flaw. When your engine comes out of the bike the frame collapses. :crazy:

A 14 YEAR OLD MALE WAS RIDING A 3-WHEELED ATV DOWN A SLOPE IN A |HILLY AREA OF DESERT. THE BOLT HOLDING THE ENGINE TO THE FRAME |VIBRATED LOOSE AND FELL OUT CAUSING THE FRAME TO COLLAPSE. HE WAS |THROWN OVER THE HANDLEBARS AND SLIGHTLY INJURED. HE WAS WEARING A |HELMET.

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
So you got that in e-mail? Could you forward it to me at dammit987@hotmail.com ?

Done. coming from buttecounty.net and no it's not "butt" county it's pronouced bee-ut like my trike is a beaut!

willcamach
01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
A Lacerated scrotum is never a good thing. OUCH!!!

Dammit!
01-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Done. coming from buttecounty.net and no it's not "butt" county it's pronouced bee-ut like my trike is a beaut!

Never received it. Can you double check you got the e-mail address right? dammit987@hotmail.com

TrailerRider
01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
d@mmit, our exchange server is not allowing email sent to hotmail.com addresses. Do you have another address? PM me if you do.

Never mind. Look for it coming from kingvandal at gmail dot com

Bryan Raffa
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Ill let ya know if ya read mine ,:lol: I was 10 on a 200m with no brake's ...that report better say the tree jumped out!!:lol:

Nick_R_23
01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I know I shouldnt be laughing, but theres just some people that shouldnt even get near a motorized vehicle.....I think 99% of that stuff is common sense....apparantly nobody has it anymore.

Too damn funny!....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

SilverSurfer069
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
100% agree, I have people, especially the few I truly care about always preaching to me, "Be careful, them 3 wheelers are dangerous; aren't they banned?"
My response, "No, the only thing that is banned, is you from ever driving my 3 wheeler!"
It's kinda of ironic, because most people will agree that 9 of 10 legislators are self serving, hardly ever tell whole truths, press for issues that most benefits them and those who lobby them for it, ect.....................................
But, will totally accept the decision to stop the import of 3 wheelers to the US, even though to date the were no substantial evidence to support there decision.(cause there are them 87' Canadian and European 3 wheelers) We must of known something them other countries did not have a clue about.:confused:
If I remember correctly, there was a US senator from out west, I can't remember his name, who's child was killed on a atc, and soon after the bill was passed through legislation to stop US imports of the atc.
I have been riding 3 wheelers since I was 12 years, when I bought my first Honda 110 with my paper route money, and like everyone here on this forum, I am still here. Sure, me and I am pretty sure everyone here has got a lil' too crazy, rode a lil' stupid, but it's all about respecting your machine and it's boundaries. Knowing what your machine is capable and not capable of.
Not ridin' like you stol' it, all the time. Even though we still do sometimes:TrikesOwn
I feel for alot of you guys here, reading of the hassles you have put up with, jus' cause' you ride an atc. I have it pretty lucky here in Northern NY, we can still license, insure, and register our atc(s) here. And we have many trails that are inter-connected by roads and are allowed to ride the roads, even in the town I live in we can ride on every road in town, except the main street, which we can only cross-over. And it is not a small hick town either, we have around 10,000 people, not including our Army Base, Fort Drum.

69HemiGTX
01-04-2008, 02:30 AM
It is amazing how our culture has veered away from self-regulation and responsibility to always being the victim of large corporations and needing large amounts of money to heal the pain. :rolleyes: The last time I checked, money didn't cure any ills, especially mental ones! Since we're on the subject of ignorance, I'll write two of my own CPSC "reports."

Texas - An 8 year-old male was injured while riding a three wheeled ATV. The rider heard his name called behind him, turned to look while moving, and consequently turned the ATV in the direction he was looking. The ATV struck a fence, causing minor injuries to the rider's hand, knee, and ego. The rider and his ego have since recovered.

Texas - A 9 year-old male was slightly injured when he fell off a three wheeled ATV. The rider was doing donuts for approximately five minutes without stopping. He attempted to ride away and fell off because he was dizzy. His left foot was struck by the right rear tire, causing minor injuries. The rider's friends pointed and laughed while he lay on the ground. The rider has since recovered.

I think I might have a case against the evil ATV manufacturer Yamaha. Why not even sue the company that built the fence? How about suing Isaac Newton for writing the Laws of Physics? Who can I sue for the phenomena of gravity and dizziness? Remember, this is America, so I am in no way responsible for my own actions, so I'm bound to win. :lol:

riverrat
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I mentioned this in another thread I started after reading the 1998 CSPC's reports on ATV's.

Basically, most rollovers are over the back, not the front. If you factor in all the variables, you will see that rollovers caused by only having one front wheel, on approved trails, ridden by responsible riders make up way less than 1% of all ATV accidents. I am not even sure any deaths can be blamed on it. It's a bunch of horse poopy.

I was telling my friend yesterday that I had 3- 3wheelers, and his immediate response was, "3wheelers are dangerous", so I asked him why, he did not know. The stupid cspc has programmed the general public, and have decided how we should live our lives, so much for freedom.

All vehicles are dangerous in the hands of people with no common sense.

oldskool83
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
All vehicles are dangerous in the hands of people with no common sense.

thats all that needs to be said.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Hows this the 3 wheeled atv fault?

THE 19 YEAR OLD FEMALE VICTIM SUSTAINED A STRAINED ANKLE WHEN SHE |SLIPPED AND FELL WHILE DISMOUNTING FROM A PARKED 3-WHEEL ATV. THE |VICTIM WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED & RELEASED.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 12:27 PM
What not to do...

THE 16 YEAR OLD FEMALE VICTIM INCURRED MULTIPLE CUTS AND BRUISES ALL |OVER HER BODY WHEN SHE FELL BACKWARDS FROM THE 3 WHEEL ATV ON WHICH |SHE WAS A PASSENGER. SHE WAS SEATED ON THE RIGHT REAR FENDER WHEN |HER FOOT SLIPPED, SHE LOST BALANCE, AND FELL, LANDING FACE DOWN. SHE|WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED AND RELEASED. THE VICTIM WAS NOT |WEARING A HELMET.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
d@mmit I am geting actually tired of reading all the same reports.. No helmet, Lost control on turn, Hit bump in road while traveling at high rate of speed, drunk driving... How is all these the fault of the 3 wheeled ATV?!!

ditchmud
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
My 250r was soo fasst that i poo ped my shorts causing me to slip off the seat and fall. I wasn't hurt!

oldskool83
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
My 250r was soo fasst that i poo ped my shorts causing me to slip off the seat and fall. I wasn't hurt!

wow, so you were riding in shorts...i wonder if it got all over thr R:lol:

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Once again, not the 3 wheelers fault.

THE VICTIM, A 12-YEAR-OLD BOY, DIED FROM SEVERE HEAD INJURIES WHICH |HE SUSTAINED IN AN ACCIDENT INVOLVING A THREE-WHEELED ATV ON A GRA- |VEL ROAD IN A HILLY AREA. THE VICTIM WAS OBSERVED RIDING THE ATV |ALONE AT A SPEED OF ABOUT 35 TO 45 MPH ON A SLIGHT DOWNHILL SLOPE OF |THIS ROAD. A WITNESS INDICATED THAT THE VICTIM APPARENTLY HAD TROU- |BLE BRAKING AND TURNING THE ATV, AS HE APPROACHED A HAIR-PIN TURN ON |THIS ROAD. HE RODE THE ATV STRAIGHT OVER A CLIFF. THE VICTIM WASN'T|WEARING A HELMET OR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.

... Drinking and driving ...

A 24 YEAR OLD MALE WAS FOUND LYING UNDER HIS ROLLED OVER 3 WHEEL ATV |IN THE DRIVE WAY OF HIS TRAILER HOME. HE WAS PRONOUNCED DOA AT A LO-|CAL HOSPITAL. THE AUTOPSY ATTRIBUTED DEATH TO BLUNT TRAUMA TO HEAD &|NECK, ALTHOUGH THE VICTIM WAS WEARING A SAFETY HELMET. BLOOD ANALYS-|IS SHOWED ALCOHOL CONTENT AS .312%.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
How did this even get added to the list!!!!!!!!!

TWO TEENAGE BROTHERS DRIVING ILLEGALLY-OBTAINED MOTORCYCLES IN THE |DARK, WITHOUT LIGHTS, ON A ASPHALT ROAD MET A 3-WHEEL ATV AS IT CAME |AROUND A CURVE. THE FIRST MOTORCYCLE COLLIDED HEAD-ON WITH THE ATV. |THE DRIVER OF THE ATV WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE SCENE OF THE ACCI- |DENT. THE DRIVER OF THE MOTORCYCLE WAS HOSPITALIZED WITH INJURIES.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't this on a quad/dirt bike etc...!?!

51 YEAR OLD MAN BECAME A THROWN RIDER WHEN THE THREE-WHEELED ATV HE|WAS RIDING AT A SPEED OF 40-45 MILES PER HOUR HIT A SAND BANK, BECAME|AIRBORNE, FLEW ACROSS A 25 FT. WIDE, 12 FOOT DEEP HOLE IN A RIVERBANK|. THE ATV HIT THE OPPOSITE BANK. THE RIDER WAS EJECTED AND SUFFERED |FATAL BLUNT CHEST INJURIES.

Perfect reason to not allo wyour kids to ride alone...

AN 11 YEAR OLD BOY WAS KILLED WHEN THE 3 WHEEL ATV HE WAS RIDING ON A|PUBLIC ROADWAY CRASHED HEAD ON INTO AN AUTOMOBILE BEING DRIVEN ON THE|ROAD IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THE ATV WAS BEING DRIVEN ON THE |WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. THE VICTIM WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Let your leg go....

A 47 YEAR-OLD FEMALE WAS DRIVING A 3-WHEEL ATV WITH A PET DOG AS A |PASSENGER. THE ACCIDENT WAS UNWITNESSED AND IT WAS ASSUMED THAT THE |DOG FELL OFF AND THE VICTIM SWERVED TO AVOID IT. THE VICTIM'S RIGHT |FOOT SLIPPED AND THE REAR WHEEL RAN UP AN ARTIFICIAL LEG SHE WORE. |THE ARTIFICIAL LEG WAS TORN OFF AND THE VICTIM APPARENTLY TURNED THE |ATV SHARPLY TRYING TO PULL HERSELF UP AND THE ATV TIPPED OVER, FALL- |ING ON THE VICTIM. THE VICTIM SUFFERED A FRACTURED NECK AND WAS PRO-|NOUNCED DEAD AT THE SCENE.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM
No doubt sueing the atv company for the riders mistakes....

ACCORDING TO THE ATTORNEY FOR THE VICTIM'S MOTHER, THE 18 YEAR OLD |VICTIM WAS RIDING ON THE BACK OF AN ATV DRIVEN BY HER BOYFRIEND. THE|DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM MANEUVERING THE VEHICLE |WHILE TRYING TO EXECUTE A TURN; WARNED THE VICTIM TO JUMP OFF THE |VEHICLE, WHEN HER FOOT BECAME LODGED ON A PEG ON THE VEHICLE. THE |ATV LANDED ON TOP OF THE VICTIM, CAUSING INTERNAL CHEST INJURIES. |THE VICTIM DIED AT THE SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT.

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 06:20 PM
How the hell does this happen?? How could htey not get him out? Pop the dame tire idiots!!!

THE PRODUCT INVOLVED IN THIS ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION WAS A 3-WHEELED |ATV. THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED WHEN THE VICTIM, A 2-1/2 YR OLD MALE FELL|OFF OF A PARKED ATV. THE VICTIM'S HEAD BECAME WEDGED BETWEEN THE |FRONT TIRE & THE FRONT FENDER. THE ATV WAS PARKED IN THE VICTIM'S |DRIVEWAY AT A 10 DEGREE ANGLE. THE VICTIM DIED FROM STRANGULATION |AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO FREE HIM FROM THE PRESSURE OF THE FRONT |TIRE ON HIS THROAT.

Tri-ZNate
01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Billy, is there any way you could get this email and post it on the website for everyone to read?

Tri-ZNate
01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
THE VICTIM'S HEAD BECAME WEDGED BETWEEN THE |FRONT TIRE & THE FRONT FENDER. .

Break the fender, its only plastic. Hell it BENDS

brapp
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
ther eis just soem people i wouldnt trust with a baked potato much les san atc or atv!!!

runaway
01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
hello
first,thank you for taking the time to find this info and to post it for all to read.

have you considered asking for all deaths related to snowmobile,atv and motorcycle accidents?

if there is no law making three wheelers illegal how can tracks, state areas forbid the use of these machines. isnt that discrimination?

TrailerRider
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
There has been a few requests for the the reports I recieved. I willlist it ona website in a few minutes and host the link. That way all can see the list

tri-Z ripper
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
CRAZY And nobody was smart enough to just let the AIR OUT of the tire! people are just stupid if they were so concerned of people dying then we would all be walking around in bubble suits breathing un polluted air on our all grass roads cause ASPHALT KILLS YOU KNOW! soryy for the rant everybody but i can be reckless on anything you hand to me form pedal bike to ATC but hell i know IM TAKING THE RISK AND UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES! if you can afford to own any motorized vehicle then you should understand you could DIE! simple as that! PS TRIKES OWN!

Dirtcrasher
01-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Regardless of this post you guys gotta remeber that TRUTHFULLY 3 wheels are NOT stable to an inexperienced knucklehead.

WE are the experts, WE are the riders with experience, WE have the brains to wear a helmet and NOT put our feet down.

You cannot watch every idiot that hops on 3 wheels and explain what needs to be done to ride these safely.

They CAN jump on any quad and ride it around like a car. They may still crash but to an amateur they are much more stable.

I am against the CSPC but if they did come back, a 10 year old kid would get on it, shift through the gears, take a corner and flip over and that would be the end.

Agree, disagree - whatever. But I have watched numerous friends try and ride mine and they are all stupid. They don't lean and they put their foot down. You can't fix ignorant or stupid.

If they based the cease of production on this report I cannot understand why bicycles, motorcycles, ATV's and wheel barrels aren't all banned. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

TrailerRider
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I edited the start of the thread to include the website link to the report I recieved. See first thread. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showpost.php?p=573461&postcount=1

RedRider_AK
01-05-2008, 01:53 AM
If they based the cease of production on this report I cannot understand why bicycles, motorcycles, ATV's and wheel barrels aren't all banned. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Be sure to add hands, feet and mouths to that list, because people hurt themselves by falling, dropping stuff and drowning all the time. :rolleyes:

trike handler
01-05-2008, 02:09 AM
if you can't lean stay the f... off of them, if you have put your foot down, stay the f... off of them, i wrote a post about bringing three wheelers back since the ban is over but b/c the world is sue crazy the idea won't ever come up. If they had a special license maybe to purchase them or ride them i think would be fair. you can't ride a tractor trailer without a cdl, you can't drive a boat without a boaters license, maybe come up with some kind of license for three wheelers?

trike handler
01-05-2008, 02:11 AM
i know it's like beating a dead horse.............

RedRider_AK
01-05-2008, 03:33 AM
if you can't lean stay the f... off of them, if you have put your foot down, stay the f... off of them, i wrote a post about bringing three wheelers back since the ban is over but b/c the world is sue crazy the idea won't ever come up. If they had a special license maybe to purchase them or ride them i think would be fair. you can't ride a tractor trailer without a cdl, you can't drive a boat without a boaters license, maybe come up with some kind of license for three wheelers?

That's like expecting the government to make special licenses for people who drive Toyota trucks from 1976 to 1980. The group is far too small for the government to waste any money to modify the existing bureaucracy just for us.

TrailerRider
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Website updated: http://kingvandal.googlepages.com/index.html LInk also at thread one.

cr480r
02-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Regardless of this post you guys gotta remeber that TRUTHFULLY 3 wheels are NOT stable to an inexperienced knucklehead.

WE are the experts, WE are the riders with experience, WE have the brains to wear a helmet and NOT put our feet down.

You cannot watch every idiot that hops on 3 wheels and explain what needs to be done to ride these safely.

They CAN jump on any quad and ride it around like a car. They may still crash but to an amateur they are much more stable.

I am against the CSPC but if they did come back, a 10 year old kid would get on it, shift through the gears, take a corner and flip over and that would be the end.

Agree, disagree - whatever. But I have watched numerous friends try and ride mine and they are all stupid. They don't lean and they put their foot down. You can't fix ignorant or stupid.

Very good points... Great post DC.

Havoxx
02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
13. A 15 YEAR OLD, 5'4", 100 LB. MALE DIED FROM FATAL HEAD |INJURIES AFTER THE 3-WHEEL ATV HE RODE CRESTED THE TOP OF A LEVEE |(HILL) AT A SPEED TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS, BECAME AIRBORNE & FELL |20 FEET TO BOTTOM OF A CLIFF. VICTIM APPARENTLY RODE UP INCLINED |SIDE OF LEVEE AT 35-40 MPH, NOT REALIZING OPPOSITE SIDE WAS A CLIFF |WHICH DROPPED STRAIGHT DOWN. VICTIM WORE NO HELMET OR SAFETY |EQUIPMENT. AUTOPSY INDICATED NO BLOOD ALCOHOL CONTENT. SMALL |AMOUNTS OF COCAINE AND MARIJUANA WERE FOUND IN VICTIM'S CLOTHING |AFTER ACCIDENT. ATV RECEIVED MINOR DAMAGES. I had to laugh at this one, I know the guy died, but at least the ATV only received minor damages.

Heh, as for the helmets, I don't go fast on my bikes, and I have a big head so it's hard for me to wear one :D. Though if anyone knows where I can find an "oversized" helmet, I'd appreciate it.

atctim
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh - a new favorite for me. And remember folks - had this been a HONDA - this death could have been prevented!

ON 1/5/85 AT APPROXIMATELY 5:00 P.M. A FIVE YEAR OLD BOY WAS KILLED BY MULTIPLE INJURIES RECEIVED WHEN A FRONT-END LOADER'S REAR TIRE BACKED OVER HIM. THE 4'3", 43 POUND VICTIM HAD BEEN RIDING DOUBLE AS A PASSENGER WITH HIS NINE YEAR OLD BROTHER ON THEIR 1984 3-WHEELED ATV WHEN IT STALLED BEHIND THE LOADER WHILE THEY TRIED TO PASS IT. BOYS HAD RIDDEN THE ATV AT THE CONSTRUCTION SITE OF THEIR STEP-FATHER SINCE 8:00 A.M. ON 1/5/85. NEITHER WORE HELMETS. NINE YEAR OLD WAS |NOT INJURED. MINOR ATV DAMAGE.

longbedGTs
02-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I liked the one about the girl running around a corner and smacking right into the 3 wheeler. Is that video on youtube yet? :D The only thing that would make these reports better are pics. :pics: Sorry for the cold heart(actually Im not sorry, but...), but we are better off without these ignorant beings. Billy said it best. Trikes should be brought back to weed out these morons. They're best referred to as 'oxygen thieves'. I wish they stated which type of trike the idiots were on.

Wheres CPSC HQ? I think we should plan a ride there. :w00t:

Oh yeah...:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn :beer :w00t:

CoeShow
02-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I was right in the thick of things when all of the legal crap started hitting the fan back in 1985. Honda was hit the hardest of all the manufacturers due to significantly higher numbers sold. The lawsuits started a snowball effect that was costing Honda so much money the dollar amounts were staggering.

The actual deaths per capita of vehicles sold (per CPSC) was way down on the list when compared to bicycles, skateboards, boats. etc. etc. By the data compiled by the CPSC, 3 wheelers were not as dangerous as many items found in most households.

Again, the problem was money and lawsuits. Honda even agreed to pay back FULL PURCHASE PRICE for ANY 3 wheeler for a given time. If you had some non running rusted out hulk, you could drag it to your nearest Honda dealer and get a full refund! How messed up is that?

The ABC television show 20/20 helped start the snowball effect. They produced an awful 1 hour show that really got people in a tizzy.

There may also be some law that was passed against any future ATC/3 wheel personal recreation vehicles being manufactured or imported to the US

You can be SURE Honda will NEVER bring them back. Too bad. I feel they were and are better than ANY quad. Faster too........

You know, Honda was selling 3 wheelers almost faster than they could manufacture them. If you were around in the eighties you know how hot they were. EVERYONE wanted a 3 wheeler of some sort. They were must have items!
The same people who were buying them up were also the ones that turned against the manufacturers because lawyers convinced them they could "make a fortune" in a legal settlement.

And it wasn't just 3 wheelers! People are just friggin' dumb and lawyers do all they can to earn a corrupt living. As reported earlier, many of the deaths and dismemberments and other crashes were ALCOHOL related!! I believe the percentage was a staggeringly high number!

There was a suit from a guy who sued Honda because he got drunk and mowed his yard with a Honda Mower. Since he needed to trim his hedges, he decided to tape the saftey rail down to the push handle so the engine wouldn't be shut off when he let go of the push bar.

This way he could lift the mower and trim his hedges while lifting it up from the mower base! The guy tripped and his arms were amputated as he fell into the wide open mower. This guy was Darwin All time winner!

The dollar amount even to get to court is staggering. Honda settled out of court for so many STUPID accidents and suits that it would make you crazy!

They did this and still do to keep their clean reputation, as do most other large OEM manufacturers. Chevrolet finally put 20/20 off the air when the show rigged an older saddle tanked 70's Chevy pick-up truck to "show" how dangerous they were. After numerous failed attempts at an EXPLODING pick-up truck in a semi-real staged accident, the crew added explosives to a truck for the desired effect.

Eventually one of the rigging crew members spilled the beans and Barbara Wa WA and 20/20 was off the air. The televised apology from ABC executives to GM was incredible! I have never seen such public ass kissing. It was all good because that show put a lot of good people out of jobs and many fine products and even auto manufacturers bankrupt.

I could talk about this stuff until you are blue in the face! This whole deal cost me my job with Honda Racing and the mighty ATC250R went away with it. Let it be known that there WOULD have been an ATC500R had all this crap not happened.

Plus I lost my favorite job of all time......... Racing 3 wheelers.

Good luck and ride safely.

Twilight
02-13-2008, 01:00 AM
I can say the same about the odyssey's, the rate they were being sold at was good for the 250 model, but then one roll over after another due to morons not knowing what to do seemed to end it. The lawsuit against the Odyssey models came in 1993 I believe, when a man without a helmet fell out the side of the 250 model and was paralyzed from the neck down. I received a re-call notice in 1994 and when I brought my 250 in and 350 in to be looked at for repairs in 1996, they told me to scrap the death traps.

Only one honda dealer will help my machines now, and thats because he is a Odyssey lover like me.

RedRider_AK
02-13-2008, 01:26 AM
I was right in the thick of things when all of the legal crap started hitting the fan back in 1985. Honda was hit the hardest of all the manufacturers due to significantly higher numbers sold. The lawsuits started a snowball effect that was costing Honda so much money the dollar amounts were staggering.

The actual deaths per capita of vehicles sold (per CPSC) was way down on the list when compared to bicycles, skateboards, boats. etc. etc. By the data compiled by the CPSC, 3 wheelers were not as dangerous as many items found in most households.

Again, the problem was money and lawsuits. Honda even agreed to pay back FULL PURCHASE PRICE for ANY 3 wheeler for a given time. If you had some non running rusted out hulk, you could drag it to your nearest Honda dealer and get a full refund! How messed up is that?

The ABC television show 20/20 helped start the snowball effect. They produced an awful 1 hour show that really got people in a tizzy.

There may also be some law that was passed against any future ATC/3 wheel personal recreation vehicles being manufactured or imported to the US

You can be SURE Honda will NEVER bring them back. Too bad. I feel they were and are better than ANY quad. Faster too........

You know, Honda was selling 3 wheelers almost faster than they could manufacture them. If you were around in the eighties you know how hot they were. EVERYONE wanted a 3 wheeler of some sort. They were must have items!
The same people who were buying them up were also the ones that turned against the manufacturers because lawyers convinced them they could "make a fortune" in a legal settlement.

And it wasn't just 3 wheelers! People are just friggin' dumb and lawyers do all they can to earn a corrupt living. As reported earlier, many of the deaths and dismemberments and other crashes were ALCOHOL related!! I believe the percentage was a staggeringly high number!

There was a suit from a guy who sued Honda because he got drunk and mowed his yard with a Honda Mower. Since he needed to trim his hedges, he decided to tape the saftey rail down to the push handle so the engine wouldn't be shut off when he let go of the push bar.

This way he could lift the mower and trim his hedges while lifting it up from the mower base! The guy tripped and his arms were amputated as he fell into the wide open mower. This guy was Darwin All time winner!

The dollar amount even to get to court is staggering. Honda settled out of court for so many STUPID accidents and suits that it would make you crazy!

They did this and still do to keep their clean reputation, as do most other large OEM manufacturers. Chevrolet finally put 20/20 off the air when the show rigged an older saddle tanked 70's Chevy pick-up truck to "show" how dangerous they were. After numerous failed attempts at an EXPLODING pick-up truck in a semi-real staged accident, the crew added explosives to a truck for the desired effect.

Eventually one of the rigging crew members spilled the beans and Barbara Wa WA and 20/20 was off the air. The televised apology from ABC executives to GM was incredible! I have never seen such public ass kissing. It was all good because that show put a lot of good people out of jobs and many fine products and even auto manufacturers bankrupt.

I could talk about this stuff until you are blue in the face! This whole deal cost me my job with Honda Racing and the mighty ATC250R went away with it. Let it be known that there WOULD have been an ATC500R had all this crap not happened.

Plus I lost my favorite job of all time......... Racing 3 wheelers.

You know, I would say something like "send this to CPSC", but honestly, it wouldn't make a damn difference. I think that whoever wasn't convinced that the CPSC is bull****, will be convinced by this. Straight from the horse's mouth.

TrailerRider
02-13-2008, 12:46 PM

I thought that was an urban legend. You me that actually happend! What a Dumb A** Mofo

Chillyboarder
02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
LOL!
So much to crack you up, though many sad and stupid stories.
Yeah about those cases it's just disgusting, with the world going like this it'll never be the same again. One case, not about atc's but if I may. My brother had told me it, I'll try to post pieces of what I remember.

An elderly woman had bought a "mobil home"? She put on the cruise control thinking that it would automatically steer also, went into the back to do her stuff and it crashed. She sued the company of which she bought it from and she won.
Seriously, that age and having a license and then having that stupidity...

road rage
02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
i dont have the patience to read the whole article but from what i saw..can anyone say operator error..all that could happen on a bicycle

Rustytinhorn
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I just saw an add on t.v that stated that "4 wheelers are naturally unsteady due to the design of them....If you have been involved in a 4 wheeler accident (such as breaking your own arm or leg) then call this number and get the money you deserve because of the design" Hahahaha.....Its not like you are forced to ride one. 4 wheelers are startin to get the same crap too.

Then when it went back to the regular show, (wich was go-kart racing) there was a driver that had crashed, and guess what one off the rescue vehicles that rolled up was....It was a Big Red three wheeler decked-out with emergency equipment.

CoeShow
02-15-2008, 02:46 AM
This is a fact:

The 3 wheeler is not dangerous, nor is it a dangerous design. Anyone that keeps one and still rides one knows this to be true.

The problem is PEOPLE! Alcohol and drugs don't magically get into anybody's blood. People made 3 wheeling popular and certain people made them go away. We've all heard the term, "one bad apple is all it takes".

Unfortunately there were many bad apples when it came to 3 wheelers......

Guns don't kill people either........ I can still buy a gun! ( And have many!)

BigReds Forever
02-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh man, this one is just plain funny.
THE 29-YEAR OLD MALE VICTIM INCURRED CONTUSIONS AND ABRASIONS ALL OVER HIS BODY WHEN HE WAS KNOCKED OFF HIS 3-WHEEL ATV AS A DEER STRUCK IT AND HIM WHILE TRYING TO JUMP OVER THE ATV. HE WAS RIDING IN A DIRT FIELD BY THE WEEDS. HE WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET. HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED AND RELEASED.

longbedGTs
02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Good grief! Thats something you see staged in a movie, not in real life! :lol:
I think we should photoshop some pictures depicting these 'accidents'. :naughty:

RedRider_AK
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
I think we should photoshop some pictures depicting these 'accidents'. :naughty:

13. A 15 YEAR OLD, 5'4", 100 LB. MALE DIED FROM FATAL HEAD |INJURIES AFTER THE 3-WHEEL ATV HE RODE CRESTED THE TOP OF A LEVEE |(HILL) AT A SPEED TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS, BECAME AIRBORNE & FELL |20 FEET TO BOTTOM OF A CLIFF. VICTIM APPARENTLY RODE UP INCLINED |SIDE OF LEVEE AT 35-40 MPH, NOT REALIZING OPPOSITE SIDE WAS A CLIFF |WHICH DROPPED STRAIGHT DOWN. VICTIM WORE NO HELMET OR SAFETY |EQUIPMENT. AUTOPSY INDICATED NO BLOOD ALCOHOL CONTENT. SMALL |AMOUNTS OF COCAINE AND MARIJUANA WERE FOUND IN VICTIM'S CLOTHING |AFTER ACCIDENT. ATV RECEIVED MINOR DAMAGES.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/JokerMachine/BRAAAAAAAP.jpg

I did this one for Nick_R_23 on the boards while we were chatting on MSN. "Borrowed" the image of him riding a wheelie on his 200 and turned it into something out of Huevos 15. :lol: Surprised to find a real use for it...

jeehole
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
1985 marked the end of the Jeep CJ5 too because of a 60 minutes "expose" that claimed they rolled easily.

I wanna get CJ5 with a trailer and drive my 3 wheeler around in style!

Rex Karz
02-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Did you see this one:
A FEMALE, AGED 23 YEARS SUFFERED A VERY | SORE LOWER TRUNK AFTER HAVING CONTACT WITH AN | EXPERIENCED ROGUE AND OPERATOR OF 3 WHEELED MOTORCYCLES. | FEMALE RIDER COMPLAINED OF SORE JAW | FEMALE WAS REPORTED TO HAVE HIGH BEAMS "ON" | ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN FACTOR IN RESULTING COLLISION | A LOCAL CONTRACEPTIVE HAD BEEN USED | PATIENT REFUSED MEDICAL TREATMENT |

TrailerRider
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Just thought I would list a few more I ran across today..

THE 23 YEAR OLD MALE VICTIM INCURRED A LACERATED LEFT ELBOW WHEN HE |FELL OFF A CAR HOOD THAT WAS ATTACHED BY A ROPE TO A 3-WHEELED ATV. |THE VICTIM HIT HIS ELBOW ON THE RIGHT CORNER OF THE CAR HOOD WHEN HE |LOST HIS BALANCE AFTER THE HOOD JERKED TO THE RIGHT WHEN THE ATV |TURNED LEFT. THE VICTIM WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE HE WAS |TREATED AND RELEASED.

Dam those 3wheeled hoods! :wondering

THE 23 YEAR OLD VICTIM WAS DRIVING HIS 3-WHEELED ATV UP A 10 FOOT |HILL THAT WAS COVERED WITH DRY SAND AT 7:00PM (STILL LIGHT). HE WAS |NOT WEARING A HELMET. HE DOWN SHIFTED FROM 3RD TO 2ND GEAR. THIS |CAUSED "TOO MUCH TORQUE" AND THE ATV FLIPPED UP IN FRONT. THE |VICTIM JUMPED OFF AND SOMERESAULTED. THE ATV FLEW UP IN THE AIR, |FLIPPING OVER. AS IT CAME DOWN, THE VICTIM TRIED TO PUSH IT AWAY |FROM HIM. THE HANDLEBARS TURNED AND HIT THE VICTIM IN THE EYE. |HE SUSTAINED AN ORBITAL FRACTURE AND A 1-1/2 INCH LACERATION ON |HIS RIGHT EYE. HE HAD 22 STITCHES AND HAS COMPLETELY RECOVERED.

""TOO MUCH TORQUE"" He must have been riding a Honda! :w00t:

AN 11 YEAR OLD FEMALE DIED AS THE RESULT OF HEAD INJURIES SUFFERED |WHEN HER ATV CAPSIZED UPON HER. THE VICTIM WAS TRAVELING ON A DIRT |LANE AND HIT A ROUGH AREA WHICH CAUSED THE UNIT TO FLIP FORWARD. |VICTIM WAS REPORTED TO BE AN EXPERT RIDER WITH BETWEEN 500 AND 2000 |HOURS RIDING EXPERIENCE. THE DEATH CYCLE WAS THE THIRD UNIT OWNED BY|THE VICTIM. NO HELMET WAS WORN AT THE TIME.

Wow, a death cycle.. I would ride my death cycle at all times. And with "all that" experience wouldn't you think it she would have known better then to ride without proper riding equipment. :crazy:

Feel free to spam that site to everyone :)

Tri-ZNate
07-29-2008, 05:48 PM
This one still has me wondering WTF

A 34-YEAR OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A 3-WHEELED ATV IN HIS| YARD WHEN HE RAN INTO A WIRE STRETCHED ACROSS THE YARD; USED IN | PART AS A DOG CHAIN SO THAT HIS DOG COULD RUN FROM ONE AREA TO | ANOTHER IN THE YARD. THE VICTIM WAS DECAPITATED WHEN HE DROVE INTO | THE WIRE AND FELL TO THE GROUND; THE VEHICLE LANDED UP-SIDE DOWN. | OFFICIALS REPORTED HE DIED AT THE SCENE.

Bad Karma
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I remember watching that 20/20 show when it first aired. I have hated Ed Bradley ever since. Just goes to show you how powerful the mainstream media was back then, they were the only game in town. If the Internet had been around back then the way it is today, things may have turned out quite differently...

longbedGTs
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM

A 34-YEAR OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A 3-WHEELED ATV IN HIS| YARD WHEN HE RAN INTO A WIRE STRETCHED ACROSS THE YARD; USED IN | PART AS A DOG CHAIN SO THAT HIS DOG COULD RUN FROM ONE AREA TO | ANOTHER IN THE YARD. THE VICTIM WAS DECAPITATED WHEN HE DROVE INTO | THE WIRE AND FELL TO THE GROUND; THE VEHICLE LANDED UP-SIDE DOWN. | OFFICIALS REPORTED HE DIED AT THE SCENE.

Did he forget he put the wire up in his yard? :wondering

9 years ago, I was riding my bike and decided to take a shortcut through an abandoned gas station. It had concrete posts along the perimiter with a steel cable running through the posts. I saw the cable at the last minute but it was too late. It cost me some stitched up knees, but I didnt sue Dyno(bike mfg). Accidents happen, but people NOT taking responsibility are the problem.

83ATC185S
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM

guess that guy really lost his head! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

y2kane
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
It would be cool if the Ban would ever be lifted but it is easier to make the law and pass it than it is to turn it around and lift the ban. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the ban lifted and some new Trikes come off the line. Imagine what the new ones could do..:drool: :drool: Most accidents in or on any vehicle are operator errors. It's like blaming music for suicides, hey I have an idea lets ban the production of cars so the drunk drivers don't kill anyone:crazy: or sue ford and chevy (or all the auto manufactures for that fact) for letting drunk drivers that have wrecked and killed themselves or others for making the cars they drove. Must have been a flaw in the design of the car that made them act stupid:eek: :crazy: :crazy:

I feel bad for people who have lost someone because of any accident, but come on it's not the machine that causes the problem...

This just burns me, and need to vent and voice my opinion.

Thanks for letting me vent..:TrikesOwn :w00t:

Hoosier_Daddy
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I remember watching that 20/20 show when it first aired. I have hated Ed Bradley ever since. Just goes to show you how powerful the mainstream media was back then, they were the only game in town. If the Internet had been around back then the way it is today, things may have turned out quite differently...
Plus the guys on our side such as Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity etc. to shut the mainstream liberal media up weren't around yet either. Those guys would be all over the idiots trying to pull this stunt now days.

Bad Karma
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I remember feeling helpless to stop what was happening, it was like we just had to sit there and watch it end. Three-wheelers were so popular back then, a flood of e-mail protests would have gone right to the CPSC and the politicians and they would have been unable to ignore us.

Back then, there was really no way to get a mass letter-writing campaign or something going to counteract the bad press, people just weren't as connected as they are now. Too bad...

Hoosier_Daddy
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I remember feeling helpless to stop what was happening, it was like we just had to sit there and watch it end. Three-wheelers were so popular back then, a flood of e-mail protests would have gone right to the CPSC and the politicians and they would have been unable to ignore us.

Back then, there was really no way to get a mass letter-writing campaign or something going to counteract the bad press, people just weren't as connected as they are now. Too bad...
Yep. Too bad one of the major companies don't try to make a new one just to see how popular it would be and maybe start something big and the comeback of trikes. But it's just a pipedream.

88 Turbo Coupe
07-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Our government caused enough damage to the ATC market that you will never ever see another "Big 4" mass produced ATC.

Bad Karma
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
At least out here in AZ, we don't really have to worry about any more machines being banned yet. The new government ploy to is to close designated riding areas in the name of air quality. One of my favorite spots to ride in Scottsdale is being closed because of "excessive dust".

It never ends, they are always after us in one form or another...

Rex Karz
07-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I downloaded that report. Great, hilarious reading. I read it from time to time to get my spirits up !

techmaster330
08-02-2008, 09:34 PM

My friend did some research and found out that Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha could make a brand new up-to-date ATC for anyone if you ever went to a dealer who would place the order for you. The Ban was only on the mass production and distribution of ATC's. The only flaw I found in the whole idea was the fact that he got an estimate from one dealer and they said a custom built ATC could cost anywhere from $8000-$12000. :( Too bad I guess.

tanks350x
08-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Yea, I'ts too bad they would be so expensive but think about how nice it would be to have a brand new trike, with all the latest, greatest components!

Gunnar
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
8-12 grand aint that bad for a custom new atc considering thats about what a quads are going for.

I saw on the news this morning that the Fed Gov. just passed new atv ban legislation along with a ban on lead toys. Anyone know anything about this.

They had a video clip of a guy at the dunes crashing and getting back up. It was good but Ive done better and walked away.

techmaster330
08-02-2008, 10:28 PM
They could be a bit cheaper than that since the ban passed in 1987 and was only a 10 year ban, but they will probably never make ATC's again just because they're not sure if they would sell good. That's just my opinion on why they won't start making them again. What a shame. "spits in disdain"

Gunnar
08-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Bill is called H.R. 4040 and in sec. 30 it talkes about 3-wheelers. to sum it up it goes somthing like this:

Prohibits the importation of new three-wheeled all-terrain vehicles until a mandatory consumer product safety rule applicable to three-wheeled all-terrain vehicles is in effect

Hop to it then skippy, get those rules out there.

GoVols019
08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Read this new law just waiting on a Presidential signature: http://wtopnews.com/?nid=116&sid=1450929

Pay particular attention to the end of the article.

GoVols019
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Dang, you beat me to it. :lol:

Bad Karma
08-03-2008, 11:02 AM
It may not help, but send an e-mail to the White House and ask the President to veto the CPSC Reform Act. It's a bad bill crafted by a bunch of liberals, but they hide their real intentions behind "it's to protect the children" B.S.

Like I said, it may not help, but doing nothing definitely won't help. People supporting the bill are letting the President know it, we should, too.

techmaster330
08-04-2008, 12:43 AM
How would I send an email to the White House? Let me know and i will.:TrikesOwn

Bad Karma
08-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Go to whitehouse.gov, click the comments link.

hublake
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I sent mine. If he signs the bill are they going to come and get mine?

Bad Karma
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Probably not... From what I gather, the big ATV manufacturers are pushing to get this passed so the Chinese can't undercut their market share. Hopefully it will just ban new production of 3-wheelers, but who really knows what kind of Pandora's box this may open.

techmaster330
08-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Go to whitehouse.gov, click the comments link.

OK, ummmmmmmmm where do I add my comment... and yes i'm slightly retarded>:wondering

GoVols019
08-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Here you go:

(a) In General- The Act (15 U.S.C. 2051 et seq.), as amended by section 224, is further amended by adding at the end thereof the following:

`SEC. 42. ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES.

`(a) In General-

`(1) MANDATORY STANDARD- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, within 90 days after the date of enactment of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, the Commission shall publish in the Federal Register as a mandatory consumer product safety standard the American National Standard for Four Wheel All-Terrain Vehicles Equipment Configuration, and Performance Requirements developed by the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America (American National Standard ANSI/SVIA -1-2007). The standard shall take effect 150 days after it is published.

`(2) COMPLIANCE WITH STANDARD- After the standard takes effect, it shall be unlawful for any manufacturer or distributor to import into or distribute in commerce in the United States any new assembled or unassembled all-terrain vehicle unless--

`(A) the all-terrain vehicle complies with each applicable provision of the standard;

`(B) the ATV is subject to an ATV action plan filed with the Commission before the date of enactment of the Act, or subsequently filed with and approved by the Commission, and bears a label certifying such compliance and identifying the manufacturer, importer or private labeler and the ATV action plan to which it is subject; and

`© the manufacturer or distributor is in compliance with all provisions of the applicable ATV action plan.

`(3) VIOLATION- The failure to comply with any requirement of paragraph (2) shall be deemed to be a failure to comply with a consumer product safety standard under this Act and subject to all of the penalties and remedies available under this Act.

`(4) COMPLIANT MODELS WITH ADDITIONAL FEATURES- Paragraph (2) shall not be construed to prohibit the distribution in commerce of new all-terrain vehicles that comply with the requirements of that paragraph but also incorporate characteristics or components that are not covered by those requirements. Any such characteristics or components shall be subject to the requirements of section 15 of this Act.

`(b) Modification of Standard-

`(1) ANSI REVISIONS- If the American National Standard ANSI/SVIA-1-2007 is revised through the applicable consensus standards development process after the date on which the product safety standard for all-terrain vehicles is published in the Federal Register, the American National Standards Institute shall notify the Commission of the revision.

`(2) COMMISSION ACTION- Within 120 days after it receives notice of such a revision by the American National Standards Institute, the Commission shall issue a notice of proposed rulemaking in accordance with section 553 of title 5, United States Code, to amend the product safety standard for all-terrain vehicles to include any such revision that the Commission determines is reasonably related to the safe performance of all-terrain vehicles, and notify the Institute of any provision it has determined not to be so related. The Commission shall promulgate an amendment to the standard for all-terrain vehicles within 180 days after the date on which the notice of proposed rulemaking for the amendment is published in the Federal Register.

`(3) UNREASONABLE RISK OF INJURY- Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, the Commission may, pursuant to sections 7 and 9 of this Act, amend the product safety standard for all-terrain vehicles to include any additional provision that the Commission determines is reasonably necessary to reduce an unreasonable risk of injury associated with the performance of all-terrain vehicles.

`(4) CERTAIN PROVISIONS NOT APPLICABLE- Sections 7 and 9 of this Act shall not apply to promulgation of any amendment of the product safety standard under paragraph (2). Judicial review of any amendment of the standard under paragraph (2) shall be in accordance with chapter 7 of title 5, United States Code.

`© Requirements for 3-Wheeled All-Terrain Vehicles- Until a mandatory consumer product safety standard applicable to 3-wheeled all-terrain vehicles promulgated pursuant to this Act is in effect, new 3-wheeled all-terrain vehicles may not be imported into or distributed in commerce in the United States. Any violation of this subsection shall be considered to be a violation of section 19(a)(1) of this Act and may also be enforced under section 17 of this Act.

`(d) Further Proceedings-

`(1) DEADLINE- The Commission shall issue a final rule in its proceeding entitled `Standards for All Terrain Vehicles and Ban of Three-wheeled All Terrain Vehicles'.

`(2) CATEGORIES OF YOUTH ATVS- In the final rule, the Commission, in consultation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, may provide for a multiple factor method of categorization that, at a minimum, takes into account--

`(A) the weight of the ATV;

`(B) the maximum speed of the ATV;

`© the velocity at which an ATV of a given weight is traveling at the maximum speed of the ATV;

`(D) the age of children for whose operation the ATV is designed or who may reasonably be expected to operate the ATV; and

`(E) the average weight of children for whose operation the ATV is designed or who may reasonably be expected to operate the ATV.

`(3) ADDITIONAL SAFETY STANDARDS- In the final rule, the Commission, in consultation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, shall review the standard published under subsection (a)(1) and establish additional safety standards for all-terrain vehicles to the extent necessary to protect the public health and safety. As part of its review, the Commission shall consider, at a minimum, establishing or strengthening standards on--

`(A) suspension;

`(B) brake performance;

`© speed governors;

`(D) warning labels;

`(E) marketing; and

`(F) dynamic stability.

`(e) Definitions- In this section:

`(1) ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE OR ATV- The term `all-terrain vehicle' or `ATV' means--

`(A) any motorized, off-highway vehicle designed to travel on 3 or 4 wheels, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control; but

`(B) does not include a prototype of a motorized, off-highway, all-terrain vehicle or other motorized, off-highway, all-terrain vehicle that is intended exclusively for research and development purposes unless the vehicle is offered for sale.

`(2) ATV ACTION PLAN- The term `ATV action plan' means a written plan or letter of undertaking that describes actions the manufacturer or distributor agrees to take to promote ATV safety, including rider training, dissemination of safety information, age recommendations, other policies governing marketing and sale of the ATVs, the monitoring of such sales, and other safety related measures, and that is substantially similar to the plans described under the heading `The Undertakings of the Companies in the Commission Notice' published in the Federal Register on September 9, 1998 (63 FR 48199-48204).'.

(b) GAO Study- The Comptroller General shall conduct a study of the utility, recreational, and other benefits of all-terrain vehicles to which section 42 of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2085) applies, and the costs associated with all-terrain vehicle-related accidents and injuries.

© Conforming Amendment- The table of contents of this Act is further amended by inserting after the item relating to section 42 the following:

edgrimly
08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
So... in other words three wheelers are banned from IMPORT until NHTSA develops standard for their production. Since NHTSA is NEVER going to create those standards then three wheelers will never be built. This also gives "The Commission" a whole lot more power to make whatever changes they want to make to the ATV's you want to buy. In case you have forgotten, look at the beginning of this thread and see all the STUPID stuff these people are claiming ATVs did to them.

Everyone, empower your ATV's to stand up for themselves and be counted because the ATV is being blamed for hurting people since there is NO WAY a person is stupid enough to do that to themselves.

TrailerRider
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Well doing a big long virus scan on a computer so I had some down time.

CHIPPEWA FALLS |MI|A 6-YEAR-OLD MALE WAS RIDING DOWN A DRIVEWAY ALONE AT 30 MPH WEARING | A HELMET ON A GO-CART, WHILE AN 18-YEAR-OLD UNHELMETED MALE WAS | RIDING ON A 3-WHEELED ATV TOWARDS HIM FROM THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. | BOTH INDIVIDUALS SWERVED TO AVOID COLLISION BUT THE ATV STRUCK THE | GO-CART IN THE SIDE CAUSING THE SEAT TO DISLODGE AND THE FRAME AND | STEERING WHEEL TO BEND WITH THE VICTIM STILL INSIDE. THE VICTIM WAS | TRANSPORTED TO A HOSPITAL WHERE HE EXPIRED. THE ATV OPERATOR WAS NOT| INJURED IN THE INCIDENT. ATV VIN # 21V-012180.

Hmm, seems the 3 wheeler was actually safer then a fully enclosed frame. Sad to such a youngin pass away though.

IL|A 29-YEAR-OLD-MALE WAS RIDING A 3-WHEELED ATV SOLO ON A ROADWAY WHEN |HE PROCEEDED TO DRAG RACE WITH ANOTHER MALE ATV RIDER. HE COLLIDED |WITH THE REAR OF THE OTHER ATV, WHICH CAUSED THE VICTIM'S ATV TO |OVERTURN AND EJECT HIM OVER A BRIDGE RAIL. THE VICTIM WAS |TRANSPORTED TO A HOSPITAL WHERE HE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD WITH THE |CAUSE LISTED AS MULTIPLE BLUNT TRAUMA. THE DRIVER OF THE OTHER ATV |DID NOT REQUIRE MEDICAL INTERVENTION.

Well I guess the 3 wheeler won that one. Must have been a 250r! :twisted: Still not sure how the 3 wheeler was the fault when the driver hit the other one from behind!?

|CA|ON A DARK, PAVED, TWO WAY ROAD, A 24-YEAR-OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A 2004|POLARIS WITH ONE ARM AND HOLDING HIS EIGHT-MONTH-OLD SON WITH THE |OTHER. HIS FIVE-YEAR-OLD SON WAS BETWEEN HIS LEGS. A MALE RELATIVE |WAS DRIVING A 1985 HONDA ATC 200 ON THE SAME ROAD. THE ATVS CRASHED, |CAUSING THE POLARIS TO HIT A WOODEN POST AND BARB-WIRE FENCE. THE |DRIVER LET GO OF HIS EIGHT-MONTH-OLD SON. THE ATV FLIPPED AND |ROLLED, POSSIBLY OVER THE INFANT VICTIM. THE VICTIM LATER DIED IN A |LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM.

This one just pisses me off! :mad: Forget the atc and quad.. he dropped his infant instead of hurting himself!?!? WTF!! :mad: That dude deservers a serious *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* whoopin! :mad: Whatever happend to sacraficing yourself for your childern..

|AZ|THE TWO FEMALE VICTIMS INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT WERE AGES 13 & 10 |WITH THE 13 YEAR OLD BEING THE DECEASED VICTIM. IT APPEARS THAT THE |TWO GIRLS WERE RIDING A THREE WHEEL ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE (ATV) WHEN |THEY FELL INTO AN UNMARKED AND CONCEALED MINE SHAFT. IT WAS |DETERMINED THEY FELL 120 FEET. THEY WERE RIDING THE ATV BEHIND THEIR |FATHER WHO WAS ON A OFF-ROAD MOTORCYCLE WHEN THEY DISAPPEARED. THE |GIRLS WERE FOUND 11 HOURS AFTER THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED. NEITHER WAS |WEARING A HELMET.

Talk about your bad luck. Still not the 3 wheers fault though.

Yamatrike400
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
This stuff pisses me off so bad, and im sure all of you too. Its pathedic that just because a 3 wheeler was involved that its to blame. And if they ever do ban 3 wheelers it sure wont stop me from riding them :TrikesOwn

Texas 200x
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
I like the one where somebody let their 4 year son go riding by himself out on the road. Break out the parent of year award.

59bisquik
08-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Hmmm..its seems its always the ATV's fault.

Then pencils must be to blame for misspelled words

leokendall
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
mother ****** jack ***'s it pisses me off, what next a road collission 500 miles away from the nearist atc, and the atc is the fault. Gee smoking kills more people than anything, do u see a band on that, no i don't think so. Goverment ha... all in it for the money and to keep certian people quiet. Protest time.

TrailerRider
01-13-2009, 03:22 PM
4 new reports added today.

080707HNE3552|20080629|D|75|62|8|4|36 |1|LINDEN |NC|THE VICTIM, A 36-YEAR-OLD MALE WAS RIDING ON A 3-WHEELED ATV ON A |MUDDY, SANDY, AND GRAVEL ROAD. HE WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET:wondering . HE |TRAVELED AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED, LOST CONTROL, WENT OFF THE |ROADWAY, STRUCK A TREE AND THE ATV OVERTURNED. HE BECAME TRAPPED |UNDERNEATH THE ATV. HE SUSTAINED A HEAD INJURY AND HE WAS TAKEN TO A |HOSPITAL, WHERE HE DIED. | | | | | | |3285|0 |N0870058A |20080903|2|C|54|
080813HWE7683|20080808|D|75|62|8|4|29 |1|CLAYTON |LA|THE VICTIM IS A 29-YEAR-OLD MALE WHO DIED OF INJURIES HE SUSTAINED |WHEN HE LOST CONTROL OF THE THREE-WHEELED, ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE (ATV) |HE WAS DRIVING. THE VICTIM WAS TRAVELING ON AN ASPHALT ROAD AT AN |UNSAFE SPEED WHEN HE LOST CONTROL OF THE ATV AND LEFT THE ROADWAY. |THE ATV STRUCK A TREE AND THE VICTIM WAS EJECTED. THE VICTIM'S HEAD |STRUCK THE TREE WHEN HE WAS EJECTED. HE WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET |AND ALCOHOL WAS A FACTOR IN THIS INCIDENT. :wondering | | | | | |3285|0 |N0880120A |20081114|2|C|54|
080827HNE0001|20080824|D|87|71|8|4|32 |1|RAINESVILLE |AL|THE VICTIM, A 32-YEAR-OLD MALE, WAS RIDING SOLO ON A 3-WHEELED ATV ON|A WET PAVED ROAD, AND HE WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET. HE TRAVELED AT A |HIGH RATE OF SPEED, FAILED TO MAINTAIN CONTROL IN A CURVE, AND THE |ATV LEFT THE ROADWAY. THE ATV STRUCK A DITCH, THEN A TREE, AND THEN |IT OVERTURNED AND LANDED PARTIALLY ON THE ROADWAY. HE LANDED IN THE |DITCH. HE WAS FATALLY INJURED AT THE SCENE. TOXICOLOGY TESTING WAS |POSITIVE FOR ALCOHOL AND AMPHETAMINES. | | | | | |3285|0 |N0880844A |20081219|2|C|54|
080911HCC3890|20080813|D|75|62|8|9|36 |1|VICTORVILLE |CA|A 36-YEAR-OLD, MALE VICTIM WAS RIDING A THREE-WHEEL, ALL-TERRAIN | VEHICLE(ATV). THE VICTIM WAS TRAVELING ALONE AT AN UNKNOWN SPEED IN| THE OPEN DESERT. HE RODE UP A 15-FOOT-HIGH, DIRT BERM AND ON THE | WAY DOWN THE FRONT WHEEL OF THE VEHICLE HIT THE DIRT. THE WHEEL | BROKE OFF FROM THE FRAME CAUSING THE VICTIM TO BE EJECTED. HE | LANDED HEAD FIRST IN THE DIRT AND SUSTAINED FATAL, BLUNT-FORCE | TRAUMA TO HIS HEAD. THE WAS WEARING A HALF HELMET :wondering WHEN THE INCIDENT| OCCURRED. THE HALF HELMET WORN BY THE VICTIM WAS NOT SUITABLE FOR | OFF-ROAD RIDING. | | | |3285|0 |X0880465A |20081103|2|C|32|

Dam those 3 wheeled atv's Making people drink and drive and drug and drive.

Blown 331
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Where are these accounts coming from? Personally I think they sound made up. There are going to instances where everything was done correctly and people still get killed. That never happened once? Hard to Believe.
A comparison that comes to mind is the death of Dale Ernhart SR. He wasn't necessarily doing anything wrong. Just a freak accident. Looks like no one on a 3-wheeler ever had a freak accident. These accounts make is sound like everyone who ever got a hurt on a 3-wheeler was riding 60mph drunk in the woods at night with no head light. WTF.

rdlsz24
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
These accounts make is sound like everyone who ever got a hurt on a 3-wheeler was riding 60mph drunk in the woods at night with no head light. WTF.

I think cars and trucks should be banned because every day people drink and drive and crash and die. :lol:

Rob

TrailerRider
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Where are these accounts coming from? Personally I think they sound made up. There are going to instances where everything was done correctly and people still get killed. That never happened once? Hard to Believe.
A comparison that comes to mind is the death of Dale Ernhart SR. He wasn't necessarily doing anything wrong. Just a freak accident. Looks like no one on a 3-wheeler ever had a freak accident. These accounts make is sound like everyone who ever got a hurt on a 3-wheeler was riding 60mph drunk in the woods at night with no head light. WTF.

I have not changed the reports at all. They are straight from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The reports are actual and truthfull. This is the reports that were reported to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission at the time of the accident. I was simply pointing out what I saw as proof that the 3wheeler was not the fault. There was an old man who flipped his 3wheeler going up and incline. He was 90yrs old. That is rider error. Yes tires grip at the wrong time and flip the bikes. I would assume there is reports like this in the report on the website. I am not going to sit and read for 3 hours again. Check them for your self rather than the cherry picked ones.

ATCeeya
01-22-2009, 05:28 PM
4. 19 YEAR OLD MALE WAS RIDING HIS 3 WHEEL ATV AT HIGH SPEED ALONG AN | ASPHALT ROAD. HE WAS INTOXICATED AND HAD A BLOOD ALCOHOL OF .24. | HE GOING AT AN UNSAFE SPEED, WHEN HE REALIZED THAT A METAL GATE IN | FRONT OF HIM WAS CLOSE. HE STRUCK THE METAL GATE. HE DIED THE NEXT| DAY AT THE HOSPITAL FROM MULTIPLE BLUNT FORCE INJURIES AND | FRACTURES.

a friend of mine died this same way on a snowmobile hitting a closed metal gate he didnt see in time just last december. Out riding at night. :(

TrailerRider
06-27-2009, 12:15 PM

Website Address Changed
* June 27, 2009 *
(Due to google not allowing css anymore) :crazy:

...Update any link you may...

http://sites.google.com/site/3wheeleratvaccidentreports/ (http://sites.google.com/site/3wheeleratvaccidentreports/)

factoryX
06-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Los Angeles |ca|the Victim Is A 13 Year Old Boy. He Was The Sole Operator Of A | 3-wheel Atv And Was Wearing A Bicycle Helmet. The Atv Hit A Brick | Mailbox After The Atv Failed To Make A Curve On A Street. The | Victim Received A Head Concussion And Recovered.

|fl|a 47 Year Old Male Died At His Home Of Exsanguination Six Days After | An Accident While Operating A Three Wheel Atv. While He Was | Attempting A Sharp Turn On A Paved Road, The Vehicle Overturned, | Landing On And Pinning The Victim Underneath. Injuries Included | Multiple Rib Fractures And A Laceration Of The Speen.

1|angola |in|the 18-year-old Driver Of A Three-wheeled 1985 All Terrain Vehicle |was On A Paved County Roadway. He Failed To Heed A Stop Sign At An |intersection And Was Struck By An Automobile, Resulting In Multiple |serious Injuries. He Was Not Wearing A Helmet.he Died The Following |morning From Blunt Force Injuries To Head And Chest In The Hospital |to Which He Had Been Airlifted. Lmfao

1|nuevo |ca|a 23 Year Old Male Driving A Three Wheel All-terrain Vehicle Failed |to Stop At A Stop Sign And Collided With A Pickup Truck. The Victim |was Ejected And Sustained Fatal Injuries From The Collision. The |victim Was Wearing An Off-road Motorcycle Type Helmet.

Gordo |al|a 13 Year Old Male Was Driving A Three Wheel Atv Along An Unpaved |road On The Wrong Side Of The Road Around 25 Miles Per Hour With A |14 Year Old Male On The Back. The Atv Struck An Automobile And Both |the Operator And The Passenger On The Atv Were Killed.

|1|newark |nj|a 16-year-old-male Sustained Fatal Injuries While Operating A |3-wheeled All-terrain Vehicle, On The Edge Of A Cliff. He Lost |control And Went Over And Landed 35 Feet Below. He Was Transported |to The Local Hospital And Pronounced Dead Upon Arrival.

|1|summerfield |la|a 16-year Old Male, Who Was Not Wearing A Helmet, Collided With An |oncoming Car While Driving His 3-wheeled Atv. The Victim Died From |massive Head Injuries Approximately Two Hours After The Incident. |

Ca|victim Rode His 3-wheel Atv Down A Steep Hill, He Was Unable To Slow |down Or Stop Because The Brakes Were Inoperable, And He Went Over A |5 Foot Drop At The End Of The Hill. He Was Thrown Off The Atv, It |overturned And Landed On Top Of Him. He Was Pronounced Dead At The |scene.

|mo|a Three Wheeled Atv Being Driven By A 17 Year Old Female On A Public |road Was Headed Eastbound And Struck A Pickup Truck That Was |traveling Northbound. The Truck Was Estimated As Traveling Over The |speed Limit At Approximately 35-40 Mph. It Was An Uncontrolled |intersection. The Victim Was Thrown Approximately 10 Feet At The |time Of Impact Died Of Blunt Force Trauma To The Back Of Her Head.

|ms|a 27 Year Old Male Died From Third Degree Burns Over 70% Of His Body |when He Lost Control Of The 3-wheel Atv He Was Riding And Crashed |into A Tree. The Atv Burst Into Flames Igniting The Victim. The |victim's 26 Year Old Wife Was Riding On The Back Of The Atv And |sustained Superficial Burns Over Her Face And Neck. She Was Treated |and Released.

|az|two Women Were Riding A 3-wheeled All Terrain Vehicle (atv) In The |desert. The Driver Suddenly Noticed That The Throttle Was Not |working And She Could Not Stop The Atv. She Told Her Passenger That |they Needed To Jump Off. Both The Driver And The Passenger Jumped |off The Atv. The Passenger Was Not Wearing A Helmet. She Suffered |head Injuries When She Landed On The Ground. The Passenger Died |several Days Later From Blunt Head Injuries And Fractures.

TrailerRider
06-28-2009, 01:23 AM
See what I mean.. These reports are almost always fault of the dam rider not the atv.

factoryX
06-28-2009, 03:43 AM
http://5625190704317148974-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/3wheeleratvaccidentreports/Home/investigationsatvdata.txt?attredirects=0&auth=ANoY7cpWYsd7y5BfAePgzp6KQGN91IqD8w7Kwg6BjNUjY 2uOCMIDKl1VAqNVHTpfTIdn1t6AKD54Ub7CmUgHfunY0IBDIcT rENLNw3iQffeOlkxHFztnuMlWSNAlw5bv8-WnsxzShgWZrykRLPLTwOZ_-Zoe1eKJzyxxNmBf55UwyPZGR5JOOXb7wbBvKzjwY_uRXfE1iH1 hGhvbbUWeaTwgmf4RjHMMMuyNDPNwmtJWPf4n5v-_gPY%3D

rdlsz24
06-28-2009, 10:16 AM
What percentage of these are where they get tagged by a car? wtf they shouldn't even be riding on the road no matter how many wheels it has.

Rob

oscarmayer
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Let us know when you find one that could even remotely be considered a result of the design.

I read 90% of them and there was "1" in all the reports that could be an issue.

080911HCC3890|20080813|D|75|62|8|9|36 |1|VICTORVILLE |CA|A 36-YEAR-OLD, MALE VICTIM WAS RIDING A THREE-WHEEL, ALL-TERRAIN | VEHICLE(ATV). THE VICTIM WAS TRAVELING ALONE AT AN UNKNOWN SPEED IN| THE OPEN DESERT. HE RODE UP A 15-FOOT-HIGH, DIRT BERM AND ON THE | WAY DOWN THE FRONT WHEEL OF THE VEHICLE HIT THE DIRT. THE WHEEL | BROKE OFF FROM THE FRAME CAUSING THE VICTIM TO BE EJECTED. HE | LANDED HEAD FIRST IN THE DIRT AND SUSTAINED FATAL, BLUNT-FORCE | TRAUMA TO HIS HEAD. THE WAS WEARING A HALF HELMET WHEN THE INCIDENT| OCCURRED. THE HALF HELMET WORN BY THE VICTIM WAS NOT SUITABLE FOR | OFF-ROAD RIDING.

oscarmayer
06-28-2009, 11:14 AM
of all the ones, this one is theone htat hurts me the most. I would love to beat the living trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of the parents. yes LOVE it as in no exageration there....

880719HBC0424|19880701|D|75|57|8|2|6 |1|RICHMOND |UT|THE VICTIM IS A 6-YR.OLD MALE WHO WAS RIDING AS A PASSENGER ON 3-WH. |ATV WITH HIS 9 YEAR OLD BROTHER DRIVING. THEY ATTEMPTED TO CLIMB THE|SIDES OF A SILAGE PIT THEY WERE DRIVING IN. THE ATV TURNED OVER BACK|WARDS AND LANDED ON THE VICTIM'S HEAD. NEITHER THE VICTIM NOR HIS |BROTHER WERE WEARING HELMETS. THE VICTIM WAS DOA.

Who in their right mind lets a 9 yr old give a 6 yr old a ride w/no helmets and they ride stupidly and probebly on a bike too powerfull and big for them.

Lukeatc185
06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
neither of those are result of design either. the wheel came off when he hit dirt comming down a hill? thats bs. it probably was not tight and just flew off. and it said he had a helmet that WAS NOT suitable for off road use.

dan440hemi
06-28-2009, 12:44 PM
just reading these pisses me off i cant beleave the stupidity of these reports and the victims

ilmoakw
06-28-2009, 04:32 PM
If he was decapitated is it really necessarily to go on to tell that he was dead at the scene?

factoryX
06-28-2009, 04:45 PM
If he was decapitated is it really necessarily to go on to tell that he was dead at the scene?

they could have saved him...

code200k
07-01-2009, 10:39 AM
i just called for my list had it mailed to me soo i can read it anytime!

TrailerRider
07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
|PA|AN 18 YEAR OLD MALE DIED OF MULTIPLE HEAD INJURIES SUFFERED WHEN HE |WAS THROWN FROM A 3 WHEELED ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE. THE RIGHT REAR |WHEEL BROKE OFF AT THE HUB CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO SKID OUT OF CONTROL|.

Has this ever happend to anyone else? Seem there would have to be some underlying condition here... Maybe it was the trailpro's fault.

CA|A 70 YEAR OLD MAN WAS DRIVING A THREE-WHEELED ATV AT 40-45 MILES PER |HOUR IN AN AREA OF SAND DUNES. AFTER ASCENDING A DUNE WHICH WAS APPX|. 12 FEET HIGH HE CRESTED THE DUNE AND BECAME AIRBORNE FOR APPX. 30 |FEET. WHEN THE ATV STRUCK THE GROUND THE DRIVER BECAME A THROWN |RIDER. THE ATV DID A FLIP-FORWARD & LANDED ON THE DRIVER'S HEAD. HIS|HEAD INJURIES PROVED FATAL.

That's one crazy old man..lol I hope I still have the stones to ride like that at 70 yrs old..lol

A 70 YEAR OLD MALE DIED AS A RESULT OF INJURIES SUFFERED WHEN THE 3 |WHEEL ATV HE WAS RIDING WENT OUT OF CONTROL & LANDED ON TOP OF HIM AT|THE BOTTOM OF A GULLY. THERE WERE NO WITNESSES TO THE ACCIDENT BUT |LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS THEORIZE THAT THE ATV WHICH HAD BEEN SUBS- |TANTIALLY MODIFIED TO CARRY WOOD, ROLLED OVER THE SIDE OF THE GULLY |WHEN THE VICTIM LOST CONTROL & LANDED ON THE VICTIM PINNING HIM UNDER|THE ATV AND BENEATH THE LOAD OF WOOD ON THE BACK OF THE ATV.

dcreel
07-27-2009, 03:29 PM
The best one yet... :D

| |THE VICTIM IS A 10 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS INJURED AT HOME WHILE | PLAYING ON AN ATV THAT WAS PARKED. HE SAT DOWN TOO HARD ON THE SEAT| AND INJURED HIS SCROTUM. HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED FOR| HIS INJURY, AND RELEASED.

TrailerRider
07-27-2009, 04:28 PM

| |THE VICTIM IS A 10 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS INJURED AT HOME WHILE | PLAYING ON AN ATV THAT WAS PARKED. HE SAT DOWN TOO HARD ON THE SEAT| AND INJURED HIS SCROTUM. HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED FOR| HIS INJURY, AND RELEASED.

AHAHAHAHH!!!! I missed that one. That so far is the BEST! :w00t:

rdlsz24
07-27-2009, 04:35 PM
lmao ouch my sack! Damn 3 wheeler :lol:

Rob

greythorn3
07-27-2009, 05:12 PM
damn these things are dangerous, they are killing complete morons everyday!

seadoo650
07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Three wheelers were a part of mother nature's plan. natural selection boys.

greythorn3
07-27-2009, 05:25 PM
its like riding the DEVIL! 666 thats why the fast ones are RED..

Lukeatc185
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I like the one about the wheel breaking off at the HUB, now in my eyes.. either he had improper bolts for the hub to the rim, witch in turn is a driver error again. or it was a faulty part from the manufacturer. and still not a case of a bad mechanical design. these little stories are great. 99% of them are all driver error and stupidity.

TrailerRider
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
A 14-YEAR OLD MALE WAS RIDING A 3-WHEELED ATV WHICH HAD THE RIM OF |ONE REAR WHEEL WELDED TO THE AXLE. THE WELD BROKE AS HE TRAVELED ON |A PUBLIC ROAD AT A SPEED OF 30 MPH. HE LOST CONTROL AND HIT A TREE |HEAD-ON AND DIED OF HEAD INJURIES.

Welding skills = Fail,. Welding rims to hub = Fail. IMO :crazy:

AN ADULT MALE WAS KILLED WHILE CROSSING A STREAM ON AN ALL TERRAIN |VEHICLE. HE WAS CARRYING A 30-30 CALIBER RIFLE ACROSS HIS LAP WHICH |DISCHARGED ACCIDENTALLY WOUNDING HIM IN THE UPPER LEG & HE DIED FROM |BLOOD LOSS.

TrailerRider
07-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Holy sh!t.. here is one for the darwin awards...

A 15-YEAR-OLD MALE WAS PULLING HIS 3-WHEEL ATV BY HAND |WHEN ITS AXLES BECAME ENTANGLED IN AN ELECTRICAL CORD WHICH WAS ON |THE GROUND. THE VICTIM WAS ELECTROCUTED.

:banned:

TrailerRider
07-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Ouch:

A 27 YEAR OLD MALE WAS FOUND DEAD, LYING ON HIS BACK, HIS HEAD |ON A ROCK WITH HIS UPTURNED 3 WHEELED ATV NEARBY ON THE GRASS & |DIRT COVERED RURAL PATH HE WAS TRAVELING. IT IS THOUGHT THAT A |THRONAPPLE THORN FROM AN OVERHANGING TREE BRANCH PIERCED HIS CHEEK. |CAUSING HIM TO LOSE CONTROL & FALL FROM THE VEHICLE.

Is this what a thronapple thron looks like?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Thorn-apple.jpg

UlsterATCFan
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
It never fails to amaze me that you can walk into a retailer in the USA and buy a brand new assault rifle, semi-automatic pistol, sub machine gun, hundreds of rounds of ammunition etc etc but you can't walk into a motorcycle dealer and buy a brand new 3 wheeler 'cos the government said they're too dangerous lol

code200k
07-28-2009, 11:22 PM
WTF i just my injury reports and i opened it up and its for water slides!!!!!!??? also my address is wrote in pink pen, sloppy as ever

factoryX
07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
|UT|AN 11-YEAR OLD MALE DROVE A 3-WHEELED ATV CLOSE TO THE EDGE OF A MINE|SHAFT. THE ATV BEGAN TO TIP. THE MALE JUMPED OFF AND ATTEMPTED TO |HOLD THE ATV UP. THE MALE FELL 500 FEET DOWN THE SHAFT AND DIED.

|AR|A 4 YEAR OLD GIRL WAS RIDING AS A PASSENGER ON A 3 WHEELER DRIVEN BY |HER MOTHER ON A GRAVEL ROAD. MOTHER SWERVED TO MISS DOG RUNNNING |ACROSS ROAD CAUSING HER TO HIT A WASHED OUT AREA ON ROAD. VEHICLE |FLIPPED OVER ON IT'S RIGHT SIDE THROWING VICTIM OFF. THE METAL RACK |ATTACHED TO THE ATV CAME DOWN ON TOP OF VICTIM CAUSING DEATH. CAUSE|OF DEATH WAS CARDIO RESPIRATORY ARREST.

|KS|ON 9/23/84 AT APPROXIMATELY 6:15 P.M., TWO 3 WHEELED ATV'S MET HEAD- |ON AT A HILL CREST ON A DIRT COUNTRY ROAD. A 19 YEAR OLD FEMALE DIED|INSTANTLY FROM A MASSIVE SKULL FRACTURE. A 25 YEAR OLD MALE RECEIVED|A FRACTURED SKULL, RIGHT WRIST, LEFT KNEE AND DID NOT DIE. BOTH RID-|ERS HAD NO PROTECTIVE GEAR ON AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT. NEITHER |ATV WAS LICENSED FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROADS.

this one was hard to miss: |LA|ON APRIL 19,1985 A NINE YEAR OLD MALE SUFFERED FATAL HEAD INJURIES |WHEN THE THREE-WHEELED ATV WHICH HE WAS RIDING HIT THE REAR OF A |PARKED TRUCK. THE INCIDENT OCCURRED ON A PUBLIC GRAVEL ROAD.

lol whats a 90 year old doing on a atv? [LA|A 90-YEAR-OLD MAN ATTEMPTED TO CROSS A 2-LANE ROAD WITH HIS ATV WHEN |HE COLLIDED WITH A CAR. THE VICTIM WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET AND HE |DIED FROM HIS INJURIES SUSTAINED FROM THE INCIDENT.

|SUPPER AND CLEAR DAY. FIELD WAS LEVEL AND CLEAR EXCEPT FOR A 3 FOOT |LONG ROPE LYING ON GROUND IN PATH OF ATV. VICTIM DROVE ATV OVER ROPE|AND RIGHT REAR TIRE CAUGHT ROPE. OTHER END OF ROPE CAUGHT VICTIM'S |RIGHT FOOT. ATV TIPPED BUT DID NOT FALL TO RIGHT AND VICTIM RECEIVED|BRUISED RIGHT ANKLE.

|ALONG A BUMPY WOODED TRAIL NEAR UNCLE'S HOME AND BECAME STUCK IN A |SMALL MUD HOLE. WHILE TRYING TO FREE THE ATV BY ROCKING IT & GIVING |IT MORE GAS, THE REAR RIGHT WHEEL CAUGHT HER RIGHT FOOT CAUSING IT TO|BE BENT BACKWARD & PULLED A LIGAMENT IN HER RIGHT KNEE. (VICTIM WAS |INEXPERIENCED DRIVER).

ouch! |NY|A 16 YEAR OLD BOY WAS KILLED WHEN THE ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE HE WAS |DRIVING WAS STRUCK BY A PASSENGER TRAIN AT A RAILROAD CROSSING.

UlsterATCFan
07-29-2009, 01:44 AM
|a 22 Year Old Male Who Was Wearing A Helmet Was Riding On An Even Trail At Moderate Speed, Well Within His Riding Ability. Without Warning The Atc Pulled A Gun On Him And Popped A Cap In His Ass

hairytriker
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh oh, I've got one & this is definitely 100% the ATV's fault...

So I was riding on 2 wheels the other day in the wet & my worn shoe slipped off the right footpeg. I burned my leg on the exhaust as I was wearing short trousers at the time.

How can that be anyone's fault but Honda's for putting the exhaust where it is, and worst of all allowing it to become hot during use?

Seriously though, how can any of those incidents be due to design? I particularly like the father & son on a shooting trip who hit head on at night with no lights on. I mean, why on earth did Honda ever fit a switch to allow the lights to be off? how irresponsible is that, to allow customers a choice of lights or lower fuel consumption... :wondering

Frankencelery
07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe it's been said already, but I think that those accident lists were created by opponents of 3-wheelers and then submitted to politicians who never actually read them. Just the vast number of accidents in the list is "proof" enough. An old trick, to be sure.

250r'en +TCB
07-29-2009, 11:40 PM
a great list that shows example of natural selection....... lol hard to believe this got atc's banned

somekidwithanm4
07-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Some of em are try. some are lies. if only we could sort out the truth or lie. And honastly, 4 wheelers are just as dangerous as three cause people think you can do more stupid stuff with them. WRONG!!!! That's why there are 4 wheeler accidents too.

greythorn3
07-30-2009, 03:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw

rdlsz24
10-29-2009, 01:42 PM

I found another good one while glancing through.

THE 16-YEAR OLD MALE VICTIM INCURRED A LACERATED RIGHT BUTTOCK, WHEN A STEAK KNIFE, WHICH HE HAD BEEN CARRYING IN HIS REAR PANTS POCKET, STRUCK HIM AS HE RODE OVER A BUMP ON A GRASSY TRAIL IN THE WOODS ON A 3-WHEEL ATV. IT IS UNKNOWN WHETHER HE WAS WEARING A HELMET. HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, TREATED AND RELEASED.

:lol:

Do you think the fact he was riding a trike or not wearing a helmet had anything to do with it? wtf damn you dangerous 3 wheelers!

Rob

rdlsz24
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Oww!

A 16 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED INJURIES, WHICH INCLUDED A FRACTURED RIGHT HIP, A SPRAINED PELVIS, TWO FRACTURED KNUCKLES ON HIS RIGHT HAND AND A LACERATED SCROTUM WHEN THE BORROWED ALL TERRAIN VEHILCE WHICH HE WAS DRIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME AT APPROXIMATELY 50 MILES PER HOUR, STRUCK A TREE.

Rob

TrailerRider
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
New record added this morning. On reports it is the first record..

Trimotomike
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I truly cant beleive these reports got them banned , how can they justify any of this crap as being fault of the Atc. Ive been riding trikes for a few years now and Ive never had a problem with riding off cliffs or messing up my gonads . this is crazy

oldskool83
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM
people r just morrons thats all. it is pretty silly. but then again i swear its the people how lac some brains like my best friend...i swear commen sence does not make up that far at 6'6" 250lbs...he screamed like a pubesent girl when he started to flip my 200x into my shed and thru my freshly plant grass!

Jeepermc
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
What the.. I hope I can ride at that age..

A SEVENTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD MAN COMPLAINED OF SORENESS TO HIP AND CHEST |AFTER A 3-WHEELED ATV ROLLED OVER SIDEWAYS WHILE HE WAS TRAVERSING A |9-DEGREE SLOPE.

*No thats not a typo: 9 degrees. :crazy:

My late 70's year old grandma decided she better quit riding when she rolled a 300EX over on top of her while sidehilling... You just don't heal as fast anymore at that age.

CrkdLtr
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I truly cant beleive these reports got them banned , how can they justify any of this crap as being fault of the Atc. Ive been riding trikes for a few years now and Ive never had a problem with riding off cliffs or messing up my gonads . this is crazy

I have to concur. If these reports are the reason the 3 wheelers were banned then this country has dismissed personal accountability longer ago than I thought. Regarding 3 wheelers being banned, I thought I read somewhere that the official ban expired a year or so ago?

**edit**

Nevermind, I found what I had read about the ban expiring but then CPSC came and cock blocked the reintroduction with bill HR 4040.

The consent decrees expired in 1997, allowing manufacturers to, once again, make and market 3-wheel models, though there are none marketed today. Recently the CPSC has succeeded in finally banning three wheeled ATV's with attachments to bill HR4040. Many believe this is in response to Chinese manufacturers trying to import three wheeled ATV's. The Japanese manufacturers were also behind this legislation as they have been held responsible for years to provide ATV Safety training and to apply special labels and safety equipment to their ATVs while Chinese manufacturers did not.

oldskool83
01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
ban was up in 97...no one has wants to build new ones...

Roastm3
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I am glad so many of you are calling attention to this. I don't want to get into it, but I work in the powersports industry, and if the CPSC has it's way, our beloved industry would be terminated all together!! I am sure you are all aware of what is currentyl going on with the kids products and the lead ban on them. Just like the CPSC did back then with the ATC's they are doing again to ALL of our kids products. I saw a lady comment about a kid falling while playing on their uncle's MX bike and had hurt his knee on the footpeg. One lady had wrote in that her child had been hurt the same way. Another lady wrote in and said " sounds like we all need to write the manufacture about this problem" Needless to say I tore her a new one!!!! People that are that oblivious to the world need to move to another country IMO! It's like all these people that are trying to control our lives want us to put our children in a bubble until they are in their 20's! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Please think about all this seriously, please help us that our tied to the industry fight the CPSC and protect our rights! Don't let the government control more than they do! Thank You!

Trimotomike
01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
What can they do if they outlaw them ? arrest kids for riding the atvs that were solld up until that point? Im going to keep adding to my collection of trikes and guns and when that happens im moving to the middle of the woods . This country is getting scary in more ways than one .

leviblue
01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
After reading the repots one might ask where are the helmets??? 11yo flying down the rosd on the wrong side at night w/out a helmet what could happen??? No one in day and age wants to take responsability for their actions...not when they have a lawyer telling them to sue and "make millions". You dance with the Devil except to get burned once in awhile... JUST WEAR A F-N HELMET!!!!!!! Stupid is as Stupid does

mike84bigred
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
This is suppose to be the land of the free. Leave us alone already CPSC!!!

kariutta
02-14-2011, 11:06 PM
I love how people were making fun of the people who died what if one of them was http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117085-Ronnie-passed-away-last-night-paypal-donations-account-posted/page16&highlight=get+it+raag

83honda
02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
i want to know why atc were banned but the still produce three wheeled hiway motorcycles

TrailerRider
08-04-2011, 04:21 PM
1 New record:

110524HNE1509|20110518|D|85|71|8|1|16 |1|HAVRE DE GRACE |MD|A 16 YEAR OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A 3 WHEELED ATV ON A ROCK COVERED HILL|NEAR A RELATIVE'S HOME WHEN HE STRUCK A TREE AND SUSTAINED MULTIPLE |INJURIES TO HIS HEAD, CHEST AND ABDOMEN. THE VICTIM WAS TRANSPORTED |TO A LOCAL HOSPITAL WHERE HE DIED LATER THAT DAY. THE VICTIM WAS |NOT WEARING A HELMET AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT. | |

Fungo Wizard
08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Damn, I should have filed a report when i was being a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro at 10 and tried to climb an irrigation ditch and hammered it. of course I flipped it and I landed in the muck, but it wasn't because of the ATC.

HondaClaw
08-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Many of my ignorant friends pick on me for buying a 3 wheeler.. They tell me quads are better and other un-informed b.s (part of this rant is from what one of my friends ignorant sibling was saying) I think riding a trike with ease and skillfulness denotes a higher skilled rider usually. It's easy to ride a quad and do things, but do those on a trike! Then you can be called a good rider in my opinion. They also tell me trikes are dangerous (SHOCKER) :O but obviously once I'm experienced with my trike I'll be just as good on my trike than I am on my quad. Many of those reasons quads were banned are highly ridiculous and make people think ill of these wonderful machines.. Just makes me wanna scream..

Tuff
08-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Another "3 Wheel ATV" fault death. Remember the 3 wheeler made him do it.

THE VICTIM IS A 39 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS RIDING A 1984 3 WHEELED |ATV ON A SLIGHTLY FLAT OPEN FARM PASTURE BEHIND HIS HOUSE. H HIT |A GULLEY WHILE DOING A WHEELIE, CAUSING THE FRONT TIRE TO DO A |LEFT HAND SKID. THE ATV BECAME AIRBORNE, THREW HIM TO THE GROUND |TO THE LEFT AND LANDED ON TOP OF HIM. HE SUSTAINED MASSIVE HEAD |INJURIES WHICH RESULTED IN HIS DEATH.Huh, must be his helmet failed? :sarcasm: you can't fix stupid!

HondaClaw
08-05-2011, 11:28 PM
i want to know why atc were banned but the still produce three wheeled hiway motorcycles

It doesn't make sense to me either, but they are technically classed differently, like the Can Am roadster thing, I'm sure they snuck that by them because it isn't an "all terrain vehicle"

Modding_out
08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
After reading all those death reports I'm gonna be a little more cautious about riding any of my bikes, 3 wheeler or not.....That pot head kid that thought he could fly and the nude who decapitated him self:crazy:

Auto_Demon
08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
amd have you noticed that none of them were from the design of the 3 wheeler, its all because of the rider, either not wearing a helmet or under the influence of something or more than 1 person on the 3 wheeler which it says no passengers, so its all the peoples fault

sweetip2000
10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Why not watch the actual film footage they aired on the lame stream media back in the 80's.
Just look at the way they demonize these things. hey just in case you forgot.... we are all outlaw bikers. Something you can be proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS1xIIHFS2M

TrailerRider
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
4 new records added.

Another classic report......

110707HCC3892|20110612|D|75|62|8|5|49 |1|APPLE VALLEY |CA|A 49 YEAR OLD MALE WAS DRIVING A THREE WHEEL ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE AT A|HIGH RATE OF SPEED DOWN A DIRT HILL. HE WAS RIDING IN THE OPEN |DESERT WHEN HIS VEHICLE HIT A TREE. HE WAS EJECTED OVER THE |HANDLEBARS AND HIS HEAD STUCK THE TREE. HE WAS FATALLY INJURED. HE |WAS WEARING A HELMET AT THE TIME OF THE INJURY.

TrailerRider
01-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Bump to top

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
:wondering

040714HNE1660|20040709|D|87|71|8|4|13 |2|STATESBORO |GA|A 13-YEAR-OLD FEMALE VICTIM PASSENGER WAS RIDING ON A 3-WHEELED ATV. | SHE WAS ACCOMPANIED BY A 30-YEAR-OLD MALE DRIVER AND A 6-YEAR-OLD | FEMALE PASSENGER. THE DRIVER WAS OPERATING THE ATV ON A PAVED ROAD | AFTER MIDNIGHT WITHOUT THE USE OF THE ATV'S LIGHTS. THE ATV WAS | STRUCK IN THE REAR BY A PICK-UP TRUCK. THE ATV OVERTURNED, THE | VICTIMS WERE EJECTED AND THEY LANDED ON THE ROAD. THE ATV CAME TO | REST IN A DITCH. THE MOTOR VEHICLE'S OPERATOR DROVE OVER THE VICTIMS| AND FLED THE SCENE. THE VICTIMS WERE SEVERELY INJURED AND THE | 13-YEAR-OLD FEMALE DIED. THEY WERE NOT WEARING HELMETS. | | | |3285|1901|N0470189A |20040809|2|C|54|

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
You know the construction sites build their material piles for ATVS to ride on when they are not around:

850416HCC1225|19841216|D|31|54|8|7|13 |1| |NJ|A 13 YEAR OLD MALE SUSTAINED MASSIVE HEMORRHAGE AND SHOCK DUE TO |CRUSHING LACERATIONS OF THE RIGHT LUNG WHEN A 350 LB. THREE WHEEL |ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE HE WAS OPERATING FLIPPED OVER ON TOP OF HIM AS |HE RODE IT OVER A PILE OF DIRT. THE ACCIDENT TOOK PLACE AT A CONST- |RUCTION SITE ABOUT 1/2 MILE FROM VICTIM'S RESIDENCE. THE VICTIM WAS |PRONOUNCED DOA. THE ATV WAS PURCHASED NEW 20 DAYS PRIOR TO THE ACC- |IDENT BY VICTIM'S PARENT.

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Mother admits son Froze

850509BEP0001|19850505|D|32|64|1|1|9 |1| | |THIS WAS HIS FIRST USE OF AN ATV; HIS UNCLE IS THE OWNER. HIS MOTHER|WAS THE ONLY PASSENGER, THEY DROVE UP A HILL AND ON THE WAY DOWN, HE |HAD TROUBLE CONTROLLING THE PRODUCT'S BRAKES & STEERING, HE LATER AND|, IT STRUCK A MOBILE HOME, HE JUMPED/FELL OFF. HIS MOTHER FELT HE |"FROZE".

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
P0004|19850506|d|35|53|1|1|15 |2| | |the victim a 15 yr. Old female, was driving a borrowed 3-wheeler atv |along a bumpy wooded trail near uncle's home and became stuck in a |small mud hole. While trying to free the atv by rocking it & giving |it more gas, the rear right wheel caught her right foot causing it to|be bent backward & pulled a ligament in her right knee. (victim was |inexperienced driver). | | | | | | |3285|0 | |19850710|2|c|3 |

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 12:05 PM
This one just puzzles me..lol

8 |2| | |VICTIM (8 YEAR OLD) WAS RIDING ATV IN FIELD ALONE (NO RIDER) AFTER |SUPPER AND CLEAR DAY. FIELD WAS LEVEL AND CLEAR EXCEPT FOR A 3 FOOT |LONG ROPE LYING ON GROUND IN PATH OF ATV. VICTIM DROVE ATV OVER ROPE|AND RIGHT REAR TIRE CAUGHT ROPE. OTHER END OF ROPE CAUGHT VICTIM'S |RIGHT FOOT. ATV TIPPED BUT DID NOT FALL TO RIGHT AND VICTIM RECEIVED|BRUISED RIGHT ANKLE. | | | | | | |3285|852 | |19850812|1|R|3 |

TrailerRider
04-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe posted already..

|THERE WERE THREE CHILDREN RIDING A 3 WHEELED ATV DOWN A TRAIL THAT |RUNS BETWEEN TWO HOMES. AS THEY WERE DRIVING, ONE OF THE RIDERS PUT |A PIECE OF COLD WATERMELLON ON THE DRIVERS BACK. THIS CAUSED HIM TO |TURN AROUND SUDDENLY & MOMENTARILY LOSE CONTROL OF THE ATV. THE ATV |WENT INTO A RUT, WHICH CAUSED IT TO ROLL OVER. ALL THREE CHILDREN |REC'D MINOR BUMPS AND BRUISES DURING THE ACCIDENT. | | | | | | |3285|0 | |19851104|1|R|3 |