PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure the R is down and out for haspin.

kimmer250r
05-27-2003, 09:21 AM
I can't seem to figure out what the hell is going on with my R. Basically tired of working on it now, and noone has any electrical parts in stock to even purchase them. By the time they come in, I'll already be at haspin. So pretty much I'm screwed. :evil: I'll probably just bring the 250sx :( .....

P.S. If anyone has electrical componants for a 86 R, like an ac regulator, cdi, stator assemby, coil, or anything else that you think could fix my problem with the R and you are going to haspin.....PLEASE bring these items with you. If I have room, I am going to bring my R too. If I'm lucky someone will have the part to fix it. Thanks guys!

atc86r
05-27-2003, 05:59 PM
you can borrow my electricals. they're off.

kimmer250r
05-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Well, found what I think is part of the problem. After talking Swinehart, I pulled off the side case to check the gap on the magneto and noticed oil in the side case. I could grap the flywheel and wiggle it in all directions.....bad crank bearings and seals. DAMN IT! So, now I won't be bringing the R to haspin. This sucks, I really would rather ride my R than the sx. Now, I have to make the decision whether to fix it this fall or just sell it and do my auto x project for mud and trails. If someone offered me around $3500 for it, I would sell it. I have over $5000 into now. Anyways, looks like its kimmer250sx this year at haspin..lol.

MR ATC
05-27-2003, 09:12 PM
just curious Kimmer who did the 310 kit? was the crank not checked before putting on a Big Bore?

jeswinehart
05-27-2003, 09:45 PM
i was just the messenger ( lol) i called up a friend who has some eletrical stuff for kimmer to try + i was gonna run it up to him.
anyway bill said to have kimmer check a couple of things out other then eletrical + one of the items was a bad crank bearing.
i had to write down the info word for word so i would get it right for kimmer when i relayed the info over the phone.
i am only guilty of be a good guy ( lmao ) so don't ask me tech quistons about 250r's cuz i don't know squat bo-dilly about them.

john

sure glad your still coming to haspin kimmer !

kimmer250r
05-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Well bill, I'm guilty on that one. I put the 310 on at the last minute (last week) and didn't have time to check out the bottom real good. I tried to check for any play, but it didn't feel like it had any. Once I checked at the side of the motor where I could get a little better leverage, the end of the crank has about an eighth inch of play up and down and side to side. I also noticed some oil in the side case telling me that the seal is bad.

HemiChallenger71
05-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Wasn't your bottom end the problem before you did the 310 kit??? I remember it being so before...

kimmer250r
05-29-2003, 03:40 PM
It's always had that sputter and no topend since I've owned it....I'm sure bill remembers it sputtering at haspin. I think it is sucking air through the crank seals causing it to have the bad sputter. I'm starting to lean toward the definite sale of the machine and to work on my auto x.