PDA

View Full Version : powder coating people....

ATCT
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
OK forum members, I have a few things that need powder coating on my Tecate. And had some questions, one of which is anyone interested in doing some of it. Here's what I need done:

black satin finish:
--handlebars
--frame
--grab bar (I think--haven't received it yet, but I'm guessing it needs to be done)
--top and bottom of triples

gold finish
--swingarm
--bottom section of front forks

normal black gloss
--front rim

red gloss
--front radiator guard/grille

So, I have several questions here.
1) is it possible to do black satin finish when PCing? Or is high gloss the only option? This is fine for the frame, but I really don't want high gloss handlbars. haha.

2) I'm guessing I'm going to have to go local with the frame, as shipping is going to be too much. I'd like to get some aftermarket footpegs as well, so some welding will need to be done. Anyone know of any place out here on the East Coast who might be able to do this?

3) is anyone interested in doing the items other than the frame? The parts will need to be sandblasted/cleaned, so you'll have to be able to do that as well.

I'd like it to look professional, so if you're not up to the task please don't say you can do it. In the end, I'd rather a board member make some cash than for me to go to some overinflated priced place near NYC.

oldsking86
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Let's see if Dreadhead chimes in, I'll send the word to him, located on the East coast in North Central FL... Does great work!

ATCT
01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks man. I actually PM'd him (a couple of times, actually), but never received a reply. I just assumed he didn't want to do it.

honda250sx
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Black satin can be done just fine. I would definetly go local for the frame.

ATCT
01-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks. Oh, also, is it a good idea to PC footpegs, or should those be anodized? I wonder how they'd hold up with the PC.

honda250sx
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Footpegs work out just fine. Still just as durable. Plate them you could, anodize no.

ATCT
01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Ah, right, right. I meant plate. Got my terms crossed up. OK, good to know. Now if anyone would respond.....

dreadhed
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Atct sorry I haven't got back to you yet. I have been working night & days shifts, plus the holidays I been busy. I am heading out to work right now. I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

You can do a satin finish. Also pegs will stand up just fine.

ATCT
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Hey Atct sorry I haven't got back to you yet. I have been working night & days shifts, plus the holidays I been busy. I am heading out to work right now. I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

You can do a satin finish. Also pegs will stand up just fine.

Thanks man. I'll talk to you later then.