PDA

View Full Version : mikuni question

ovhonda1
01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I bought a mikuni VM34 off of ebay last week for my 86 tecate. I have it installed and just noticed that there is a place to hook a line on the front of the carb where it goes into the intake boot. Is this a vacuum of some sort? accelerator input? Not sure what this does or if I can just plug it and be fine. Anybody have any idea? Thanks

team-red-rider
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
oil injector line i think

ovhonda1
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
So if I am runnig it on my tecate with pre mixed fuel I can just seal the opening?

ovhonda1
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
OK, after doing some research online, I have come to the 90% conclusion that this is a place for an oil line from an injection system. I do not need this but not sure on what to use to seal off the line so that I do not suck in more air into the carb/intake. What have people used to block this off?

300rman
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
kinda off topic, but mikuni sucks.....endless problems with mine...hard to start, run like crap.........couldnt jet properly.........keihin, and its fixd

McDerry
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
OK, after doing some research online, I have come to the 90% conclusion that this is a place for an oil line from an injection system. I do not need this but not sure on what to use to seal off the line so that I do not suck in more air into the carb/intake. What have people used to block this off?

THey make caps for vacuum nipples. That or a small screw and some rubber hose.

NINJA
01-08-2008, 11:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kinda off topic, but mikuni sucks.....endless problems with mine...hard to start, run like crap.........couldnt jet properly.........keihin, and its fixd:lol: :lol: :lol:
It has nothing to do with brand of carburetor:p You can't just slap a carburetor from another machine of equal displacement on and expect yours to run properly! That is why there are so many interchangeable parts in a carburetor besides jets. Maybe you needed to change your nozzle and needle? Adjust float height? Some carbs even have air jets that can be swapped out, etc etc etc......

300rman
01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
thats the thing....sometimes it would run good. it ran differently every time i hammered on the throttle.......yes, every time i razzed it, it was different. it was not constant. i mean, even with TONS of Ether, the damn thing would NOT hardly start. i played with that thing for a week, bought about anough parts and jets to buy a brand new carb when i was done, and still would up getting a keihin. and i am 100% satisfied with it. 3-5 kicks and its running IN THE WINTER COLD. 1st or second kick if i store it in the heated garage.