PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Suzuki ever challenge the other "big three"?

Threes company
01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Just wondering why Suzuki never came out with a 3-wheeled racer of their own back in the 80's? Back in the day I raced both RM 125's and 250's........ as far as i was concerned they were the hot set-up..... with the KX's maybe coming in a close second. I mean, how cool would an 86 liquid cooled Suzuki RMT250 be? :drool: Oh well....... a guy can dream right?

Orangecnty250r
01-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I think Suzuki did challenge the Big Three with the 85 quadracer and quadsport which sent honda and the others scrambling. By 1986 with the sales and response of the those two suzuki quads and all the flack and lawsuits with three wheelers why develop racing three wheelers when the writing was on the wall..quads were in..someone in Suzuki marketing research and development hopefully got paid well for that call. Dont get me wrong I think an 86 YellowBlue racing three wheeler would have been AWESOME as I loved the 86 RM's

SWIGIN
01-01-2008, 03:12 PM
well said orange

Dirtcrasher
01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
By the time they developed anything there was a patent on everything.

Suzuki would have had a gas tank on the handlebars and a radiator as a skid plate - :lol:

SWIGIN
01-01-2008, 03:37 PM
By the time they developed anything there was a patent on everything.

Suzuki would have had a gas tank on the handlebars and a radiator as a skid plate - :lol:

?????

now is that how the q-racer looks?

for real.... i know you were joking but i do think they saw the hand writeing on the wall and knew the trike thing was about to end

they did make the first quad in 1982

they just chose a different path...... witch ended up being the right one

Black86tri-z
01-01-2008, 03:38 PM
old thread check my profile long and in deep

Threes company
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah, good point guys........ seems like Suzuki never really did jump into the 3 wheeler game the way the others did..... when I say 86 RMT250 though I had in mind that they would have had an 82, 83, etc same as Honda and kawasaki, etc..... plenty of time to jump in to the race in the early 80's, but they didn't. Was the writing on the wall about a 3 wheeler ban in 82? I don't think so. But as far as Suzuki quads go........ a buddy of mine had a Quadzilla back in the day..... quadracer 500 i believe? wow...... that thing was an absolute Monster! Okay..... time to head outside and shovel some snow...... or maybe a ride first? :naughty:

WLL
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
any in here made a liquid trizilla yet? STZ500:naughty: i no suzuki never made the challeng but we could

NINJA
01-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Aww man, where is that "beating a dead horse" pic at? This topic was thoroughly covered a couple months back.