PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 250 Help

3WheelsOva4
01-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Okay, i have a yamaha 250 that i just bought like 4 days ago and the engine blew that night. I dont want to part with the machine so can someone tell me what i should do about it. Ive been told to bore out the engine and others have said to get a new one but i dont know where to get one and perferably thats what i would like to do is get a new one because i have the money and i love the threewheeler so if someone can tell me what they would do then that would be awesome thanks. anyways if any other info is needed on the matter message back!

pickleweasel_00
01-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I'd pull the engine out, and check the piston and cylinder to see what they look like. Chances are you can get an oversize piston and get it bored out

MTS
01-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Bore,piston, rod kit, main bearings, crank seals, Head+base gaskets, Clutch cover gasket, and labour, Not to mention Why it blew in the first place, (money on the impeller, unless it was just really worn), your looking at close to a grand if not a little more to have it done properly, and thats pretty much, you pull it out n drop it off at a shop.