PDA

View Full Version : Tecate front tire recommendation

ATCT
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM
The front tire on my Tecate is cracked pretty badly, so it looks like I'm gonna need a new one. I'd like to stick to the stock size: 22 x 11-10. Anyone have any recommendations as to a good front to put on?

Meat-BoX
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
The Kenda Front max is a real good tire for the Fatty front Tecate. I run one on the Tecate and the 200x:w00t:

200xman
12-31-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll second that. I have a front max on my 350X, put one on Mapyangs 250SX and have one to put on my Polaris Scrambler. They are an awsome steering tire except at Trike Fest when it rains. Then nothing can help you in the clayment.

Dirtcrasher
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Isn't there a Dunlop that's close in pattern to the original front Honda's?? I know this is a Kawi, but you guys mentioned a 200X, 350X and 250SX.....??

Why is it every HONDA front tire setup I but has a crappy knobby!! I HATE IT!! LOL...... They just look so darn plain.

ATCT
12-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Isn't there a Dunlop that's close in pattern to the original front Honda's?? I know this is a Kawi, but you guys mentioned a 200X, 350X and 250SX.....??

Why is it every HONDA front tire setup I but has a crappy knobby!! I HATE IT!! LOL...... They just look so darn plain.

LOL! That's hilarious cause I think the same thing. I know OHTSU still makes the 250SX front tire, and if it's an 85-onward 200X and 350X, you can get a very similar front to the original from Dunlop (I think-or is it just the rear tires?--can't remember). As for the 83-84 200X, I just found a front for my 250R that is almost exactly like the original Dunlop/then OHTSU front tire. Even better than the Cheng Shin. I have no idea why people get crappy knobbies.

As far as the Tecate is concerned, trust me, since we think the same, I've been looklng to see if Dunlop has something similar, but they sadly don't. So, thanks for recommendation guys. I'll definitely check it out.