PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z fuel line ?

dirtface
12-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Is the bottom fuel line coming out of the tank suppose to go through the hole in the skidplate. Or is this just a drain hole for the water and mud? The reason I'm asking is because the mounting screw and rubber grommet right behind the rear master cylinder doesn't line up right. Someone please educate meon this.:lol:

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2007, 08:38 AM
the bottom line is the reserve line, put it on the bottom inlet on the fuel pump.. the hole on the skid is just to let water and crap out from building up:D

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2007, 09:06 AM
picture..:p :p some time people take that little plate off the pump that has res. and ON ,,On it..and put it on upside down..if res. is on the top put it on the top connector on the pump

dirtface
12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
In the first picture, there is a gas tank skid plate mount right behind that rear fender mount. That is the one that doesn't want to line up. It almost feels like you need to put a jack under it to get the holes to line up. Which I think would put pressure on the resivoir line and pinch it off. When I picked this Tri-z up there wasn't a bolt or grommet in this mount. Something must just be routed wrong. I thought maybe a rock or something found it's way between the tank and the skid plate but that wasn't the case.:beer

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2007, 10:04 AM
that could be.. leave the line in the side unhooked from the fuel pump then put the pan on,,then just tuck it in the side when you get the pan on.. the you know it not kinked..that pan is a tight fit ..I can rember fighting with all mine

dirtface
12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the help Bryan. I'll try to keep the "potty word" to a minimal:lol: :lol: To the garage I go.:beer

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
the "potty word" Helps...LMAO