PDA

View Full Version : 200R ready for the ice!

NINJA
12-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Just put her new shoes on for winter, Cheng Shin 18-9.5-8 with Gold Screws:w00t:
Can't wait for tomorrow:Bounce

NINJA
12-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, I was too excited and forgot the pics, here ya go!

TwoHundredEx
12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Looks awesome!
What kind of number plate is that?

NINJA
12-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, I could make you look through all my old threads, but I'll say it again. The front number plate is actually a Maier universal ATV rear # plate. And yes, it fits perfectly and looks like it belongs there.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Thought you were gettin rid of the 200R? Just decide to keep that piece of nostalgia on hand?:D
P.S. I got the evil dead/army of darkness dvd set for Christmas I've never seen the first one yet I'm gonna watch it tonite.

TwoHundredEx
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I could make you look through all my old threads, but I'll say it again. The front number plate is actually a Maier universal ATV rear # plate. And yes, it fits perfectly and looks like it belongs there.

Ah sorry about that, didn't realized you mentioned it before. It looked brand new so I figured you had just got it recently. Either way, it looks good on there.

NINJA
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Thought you were gettin rid of the 200R? Just decide to keep that piece of nostalgia on hand?:D
P.S. I got the evil dead/army of darkness dvd set for Christmas I've never seen the first one yet I'm gonna watch it tonite.

Well, I had to test the waters to know what she's worth and I'm getting married next year, so just in case. Anyways, yeah I'm really attached to it, so I'll do all I can to keep her. The mechanic I share the shop with and I were talking tonight about actually pulling the motor out and seeing if we could replicate a brand new one. I'm practicing my welding arts to see if I could actually build a new pipe too. The welds on that thing are gorgeous, no filler!
So your an Army of Darkness fan too eh:beer Man that first one is really low budget, but very entertaining.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Well, I had to test the waters to know what she's worth and I'm getting married next year, so just in case. Anyways, yeah I'm really attached to it, so I'll do all I can to keep her. The mechanic I share the shop with and I were talking tonight about actually pulling the motor out and seeing if we could replicate a brand new one. I'm practicing my welding arts to see if I could actually build a new pipe too. The welds on that thing are gorgeous, no filler!
So your an Army of Darkness fan too eh:beer Man that first one is really low budget, but very entertaining.

Yeah, I even have the ash and evil ash figures from todd mcfarlane. I think Army or Darkness is my fav though.

NINJA
12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I even have the ash and evil ash figures from todd mcfarlane. I think Army or Darkness is my fav though.

You suck! I want those! But yeah, Army of Darkness is definitely my fav too.:beer

And back to the original thread. As you see the 200R was not harmed in the last crash I had, just me, but that's okay:lol:

BigTBones
12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
You dont have a Short track tank do you?

NINJA
12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
You dont have a Short track tank do you?

NO! And that really pisses me off too! I really really really want one (hint hint) so if any of you has a short track kit you wanna part with let me know, and not the black tank.

BigTBones
12-26-2007, 11:36 PM
hmmm idk if i want to part with mine yet lol the tank kinda tops it off being it was a flat track racer!

Bryan Raffa
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
You Will Never Reach the Necranomacon!!!!! LMAO.. Nice bike there Ninja.. you gonna stud the front right...

boonis
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
sorry for asking but what is the 200r a 200 motor in a 200 x or what sorry for being retarted

Tri-ZNate
12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
sorry for asking but what is the 200r a 200 motor in a 200 x or what sorry for being retarted

A deturned 250R motor (to make it able to compete in small CC classes. Ninja can reiterate more

Black86tri-z
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
should b scary with no front screws and a extended swinger! j/k are you going to race some 1 or just goin out to mess around

200x350xtriz250
12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
nice looking bike:drool:

NINJA
12-27-2007, 10:54 PM
You Will Never Reach the Necranomacon!!!!! LMAO.. Nice bike there Ninja.. you gonna stud the front right...

Thanks Raff:p Yeah, I'm gonna put 3 rows of studs down the middle of the front tire. Actually, the way the suspension is setup now that front max still gets quite a bit of bite. Yeah, she gets a little scary when you got her in a slide!

As for why I studded it up, this is Colorado, no salt on the roads around here. We already have about 4" of hard base on the roads up here:w00t: Also, TJ and I are very competitive with each other and we plan on racing each other out on the reservoir. He's never ice raced, so I'm gonna teach him a few things.

As for the 200R being a "detuned" 250R, there's where your wrong:rolleyes:It's actually destroked. That motor is balls to the walls! TJ has a very well tuned 250R and it can only get away from mine in 6th gear. 6th is worthless on the 200R, it doesn't have enough torque to pull it. The motor on the 200 is very rev happy and does not fall on it's face up top. You could rev it till it blows! That Selvy's cylinder is literally a work of art. If you want to know more, use the search key.

scooterroo
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah you need some in the front or you'll just keep going straightt, YIKES!!!! lol, i found that out the hard way, lol!!!!