PDA

View Full Version : Clutch basket question????

MIK6
05-26-2003, 11:48 AM
I have seen replacement baskets for sale w/o the drive gears attatched on the back. Is this the way they came from the factory? My 87 T3's basket is shot! I have 3 spare good baskets, but the gear mesh is different. I think the spares are 86 baskets, or I have KX internals in my 87. Can I get new rivits and install a new basket on my drive gear?? What type of rivits? where to get them? and any other advice....
I ground all the grooves off, I will make it for Haspin, but I won't be able to show what it is really capable of. (TIL Sat afternoon, then go for broke!!)

THANKS
MIK6 / Mike

bobr
05-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Maybe you can drill out the rivets and replace them with bolts and locknuts.

Wickedfinger
05-27-2003, 12:09 AM
Can't you give her a good fileing?

MIK6
05-27-2003, 12:16 AM
I filed all the grooves off, It will get me thru the weekend. But IF I can fix it rite w/ a good basket that I have hear it would same me another new set of KEVLAR clutches. I will know from the shop that helps me out if they have the rite rivots to swap baskets tomarrow.

MIK6 / Mike

Wickedfinger
05-27-2003, 12:23 AM
... Dude, I had RM parts in my '91 LT-R and let me tell you something - what a pain in the ASS - F'N clutch and water pump problems bro. But hey, I finally got em figured out.