PDA

View Full Version : my first 200e

cajunchilipeper
12-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey Im new here and I was just given 2 3wheelers from my uncle. The first was a Honda 200s and being a mechanic it was an easy fix, just replace the carb and wa-la it ran. The other one I am having trouble finding parts for its a Yamaha 200E with reverse. I am not sure of the year. I despretly need a carb. It has good spark...just need the carb. Does anyone on here have an old one that needs rebuilding or a new one that theyd be willing to sell, I could sure use the help.

Thanks,
Cajun Chili Pepper

cajunchilipeper
12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I did a little research and found out it is a 1985 200E. Can only 200E carbs fit on them or can I use other carbs from other trikes.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey PEPPER, welcome and begin your trip on 3WW!!

Anything can get fixed here!!

ENJOY!!

Brockey
12-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Why do you need a new carb? Clean it out. If that dont work buy a rebuild kit. I believe other 200 yam carbs fit it aswell. And welcome to the boards.

cajunchilipeper
12-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I wish I could clean it out. A few years ago my uncle gave it to someone to rebuild and well the guy died in the middle of it. I have the carb but nothing else its just the shell. I would rather just get a new or slightly used one that way I can actually see how to get it back together.

Why do you need a new carb? Clean it out. If that dont work buy a rebuild kit. I believe other 200 yam carbs fit it aswell. And welcome to the boards.

Brockey
12-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Ah, now I see the problem. Post up in the classifieds section for one. I am sure someone on here has one for ya.

Threes company
12-22-2007, 08:49 PM
hey Cajun........ welcome to 3WW... like brockey said, listing in the classifieds here is a great idea. if that doesn't pan out for you try Craigslist or Ebay........ hopefull this helps. But hey... welcome aboard!! :welcome:

cajunchilipeper
12-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I have been searching ebay everyday. No one seems to have this model. I looked around and I have a ton of carbs from go carts that a buddy of mine used to race. I am going to see if I can play Doctor and make a carb outta the parts that I have... If it works ima name her Frankenstein......Merry Christmas...or as Frosty the Snowman says Happy Birthday.......Im going to keep yall posted. Down here in New Orleans, well Im an right outside of New Orleans in Metairie....we have a ton of space to ride....
hey Cajun........ welcome to 3WW... like brockey said, listing in the classifieds here is a great idea. if that doesn't pan out for you try Craigslist or Ebay........ hopefull this helps. But hey... welcome aboard!! :welcome:

cajunchilipeper
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Also what is the average top speeds of my two trikes.....85 Honda 200s, and 85 Yamaha 200e

Yamada
12-24-2007, 01:53 PM
From my own experience the top speed on a trike depend a lot of the weight of the rider. My cousin is 100 pounds lighter than my 250 pounds and he will be faster than me on the same trike. With a average person I would guess 50-55 mph for the yamaha.

cajunchilipeper
12-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I really wouldnt mind moddin it out a little.....but gotta have a little coin first

cajunchilipeper
12-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I hope everyone had Merry Christmas.....now it back to the grindin stone to earn money for the toy...lol...how did everyone do for Christmas...was Santa good to ya.

cajunchilipeper
12-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I am freaking ticked.....I went to ride yesterday, and the freaking pull cord broke. Is there a kick start kit thats cheap and also I went to try and replace the cord.....with a lawnmower cord I had laying around the house and I screwed up....I let the recoil get loose...is there a trick to getting it back in or should I just go n grab a new one off ebay......

piroguedog
12-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Welcome. It's been years but you can re-coil that spring as I remember from childhood experience. Good luck with that. Just got my first 3 wheeler in years myself. Those trikes could probably use a little TLC so that these occurances are less likely. That's part of being 20+ years old. They can be restored pretty close to new like though. ENjoy.

cajunchilipeper
12-27-2007, 09:22 PM
I am gonna enjoy the hell outta it

cajunchilipeper
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I have finially gotten around to take a pic of my Honda 200s...shes a little rough but I plan on paintin the tank and the plastic and frame.....tell me what you think