PDA

View Full Version : Aussie... Erased!? Bannished???

Bigbore
12-21-2007, 10:57 AM
What's the deal with Aussie. I tried to send him an pm though the site and it gets bounced back. It looks like he's been erased or banned from the site!

honda250sx
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I think he may have asked to have his pm's turned off. I tried to get intouch with him about some tri-z plastics and could not. Other members have had success getting ahold of him on other forums and i have asked those who have to mention that I would like to do business with him but nothing ever comes of it. Good luck Tony was a heck of an asset to us here. Its really a damn shame what happend.

Billy Golightly
12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
He got taken advantage of by a lot of members over the fact that his plastics were not as durable as Maiers, even though he was completely upfront and told everyone that they weren't from the start. That and to many people bitching about ridiculous stuff, and it wasn't worth it. It is sad for sure, but I can't really blame him.

250rfan
12-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Tony was a heck of an asset to us here. Its really a damn shame what happend.

Well said, Tony is a proper gentleman and scholar, a real loss to THIS site....:(

G.

ceaserthethird
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I hope he returns one day ...

82300R
12-21-2007, 01:54 PM
i was trying to get in touch with infinity but all contact info was erased!:rolleyes: wonder why?:(

250rfreak
12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
i got his personal email

Bigbore
12-21-2007, 09:46 PM
He got taken advantage of by a lot of members over the fact that his plastics were not as durable as Maiers, even though he was completely upfront and told everyone that they weren't from the start. That and to many people bitching about ridiculous stuff, and it wasn't worth it. It is sad for sure, but I can't really blame him.

And we all wonder why nobody make that much stuff for 3 wheelers?!?!?!?:(

Twilight
12-21-2007, 10:36 PM
He doesnt do anything with 3-wheelers anymore and the last I saw him didnt have any either.

More into the Pilot thang =)

The Goat
12-22-2007, 12:34 AM
that's not entirely accurate i don't think...I received my scoops from him like three days ago or so. he also said he's making a few new plastic parts soon, headlight shrouds and stuff.

and i last i saw he still has "white power" that 250r that is a thing a beauty.

Twilight
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Hmm... i saw him like 2 months ago and was with his pilot, the only ATC items I saw were going out to people, lol I guess I missed the 250r

The Goat
12-22-2007, 06:19 PM
see, you're seeing him in person, and i'm just going by what i see on the internet and such...so you're more than likely right. he did say he's making some new parts soon though. and that's very good.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2007, 06:44 PM
We keep beating a dead horse. And although sometimes HUFFA or ME(I) or anyone can come across as a PENISS - I'll say this again.....

IF YOU HAVE A TRANSACTION WITH ANYONE, AND THEY HAVE YOUR PARTS OR YOUR MONEY, THEN SOME SORT OF RESPONSE THROUGH EMAIL, PHONE, PM OR TEXTING IS WARRANTED WITHIN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.

Can we agree that "reasonable" is approximately 7 to 14 days after repeated contact??

Yes, I miss his efforts too - I need white scoops. And I'm certain that a purchase would probably go fine. But IMHO, he ran off due to one persons post that he didn't appreciate.

I myself didn't think HUFFA did anything wrong, he made an attempt time after time to contact him and no one was in the hospital or otherwise.

Read the post, look at the dates; I don't think he was impatient. BUSY BUSY BUSY - We are all busy. Just a simply reply is all he wanted, for his RARE parts that were overseas. If thats what ran him off, ONE PERSON????? Than why is everyone defending him?

Jason Hall
12-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I will use these threads everytime to say, I MISS YA AUSSIE!!! Give me a call. 1-517-206-7635.

Louis Mielke
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
We keep beating a dead horse. And although sometimes HUFFA or ME(I) or anyone can come across as a PENISS - I'll say this again.....

IF YOU HAVE A TRANSACTION WITH ANYONE, AND THEY HAVE YOUR PARTS OR YOUR MONEY, THEN SOME SORT OF RESPONSE THROUGH EMAIL, PHONE, PM OR TEXTING IS WARRANTED WITHIN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.

Can we agree that "reasonable" is approximately 7 to 14 days after repeated contact??

Yes, I miss his efforts too - I need white scoops. And I'm certain that a purchase would probably go fine. But IMHO, he ran off due to one persons post that he didn't appreciate.

I myself didn't think HUFFA did anything wrong, he made an attempt time after time to contact him and no one was in the hospital or otherwise.

Read the post, look at the dates; I don't think he was impatient. BUSY BUSY BUSY - We are all busy. Just a simply reply is all he wanted, for his RARE parts that were overseas. If thats what ran him off, ONE PERSON????? Than why is everyone defending him?

I think you are a little bit mistaken. Aussie was dealing with quite a few people who were constantly unhappy because some of his parts damaged easily. The isolated instance with HUFFA did not cause Aussie to leave, it was probably just the thing that pushed him over the edge. There were lots of people who's tri-z shrouds weren't holding up. This was specifically due to his process and the materials he used. I for one feel that no one had any right to complain about quality of a homebrewed replacment part. They should have expected and dealt with it. Aussie replaced A LOT of items and lost A LOT of money just trying to keep people happy. He problem was very weary of shelling out so much cash to make things right when the replacement parts he was sending out were just bound to fail again. The styren type plastic he was using is brittle and brittle parts are bound to break. Some of the folks really jumped on him hard, basically linched him, and he left because everyone was jumping up and down on his back. I would have said screw everyone too if I was in his shoes.

I for one wish he would return just as a memeber, maybe even make a new name just so he could be here, parts or no parts.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I think you are a little bit mistaken. Aussie was dealing with quite a few people who were constantly unhappy because some of his parts damaged easily. The isolated instance with HUFFA did not cause Aussie to leave, it was probably just the thing that pushed him over the edge. There were lots of people who's tri-z shrouds weren't holding up. This was specifically due to his process and the materials he used. I for one feel that no one had any right to complain about quality of a homebrewed replacment part. They should have expected and dealt with it. Aussie replaced A LOT of items and lost A LOT of money just trying to keep people happy. He problem was very weary of shelling out so much cash to make things right when the replacement parts he was sending out were just bound to fail again. The styren time plastic he was using is brittle and brittle parts are bound to break. Some of the folks really jumped on him hard, basically linched him, and he left because everyone was jumping up and down on his back. I would have said screw everyone too if I was in his shoes.

I for one wish he would return just as a memeber, maybe even make a new name just so he could be here, parts or no parts.

Hey Louis.... I had no idea that he had complaints of plastic breaking. I read one post about a bolt breaking through and that person said it may have been his misuse or mounting and may not be the plastic.

I may have missed some topics which I'm surprised at, I always felt he went from Tri-Z (might have been Tecate) air lid boxes to shrouds and a few other goodies. I never truly saw a good amount of unhappy reports about his stuff, I honestly, saw ALLOT of people wanting to buy his stuff though.

If thats the case, that he couldn't get good plastic and parts were failing, I don't blame him for discontinuing things until he could find another resource.

I myself felt that every time this came up that allot of uneducated members ( myself included) were led to believe that HUFFA was to blame an I didn't feel that it was fair to him......Thats all.

chris200x
12-22-2007, 07:32 PM
:naughty:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/25.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/47itwe0ds6-1.gif

Yamahondaman
12-22-2007, 07:55 PM
or in my shoes !! :( ....
i Plan on ( RE ) Making the TRI-Z Impeller's with the shaft made from 17-4 or 316 Stainless and the Impeller to be Billet....
There Will be a Thread "Posted" to Replace ALL of those X-Mass Tree Ornament's
The FIRST One's are going to the Mosh's and then so-on...
I'll GIT a Pic on here Soon !!
Ronnie's ( Quote ) ... "It's Easy To Be #1,But HARD to stay there"
I WILL NOT STOP ...

Billy Golightly
12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
He got taken advantage of by a lot of members over the fact that his plastics were not as durable as Maiers, even though he was completely upfront and told everyone that they weren't from the start.

We are beating a dead horse here. Fact of the matter is I know of people that "demanded replacements" 2-3 times, from the first set they had bought. Mielke is right, the Huffa deal was just the straw that broke the camels back. I broke the left shroud on my flat track R pretty early in the season. I knew it wasn't going to hold up when I got them. When it broke, I bought a new one from Tony. I didn't think I was entitled to a free lifetime supply.

Like I said, its really sad, and unfortunate that things turned out the way they did. I think Tony's an awesome guy and the fact that he trying to HELP all of us out by making something that no one else was is a big thing.

torker
12-23-2007, 09:54 AM
We are beating a dead horse here. Fact of the matter is I know of people that "demanded replacements" 2-3 times, from the first set they had bought. Mielke is right, the Huffa deal was just the straw that broke the camels back. I broke the left shroud on my flat track R pretty early in the season. I knew it wasn't going to hold up when I got them. When it broke, I bought a new one from Tony. I didn't think I was entitled to a free lifetime supply.

Like I said, its really sad, and unfortunate that things turned out the way they did. I think Tony's an awesome guy and the fact that he trying to HELP all of us out by making something that no one else was is a big thing.

Exactly what Billy said...I'm sorry he's gone.
I'm sure there's a lot of sorry people around here too.

TORKER.

scooterroo
12-23-2007, 10:03 AM
aussie is gone and alls you got to blame is the whine-ass crybabies on here, this site used to be fun... tony is a good guy in my book, and a loss to all of us on this site!

Bigbore
12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
The thing is though... I didn't know that he was gone. I didn't know about the bull s#*t crying that was going on regarding Tony. I don't care how many threads or pages it takes for me to find out about a friend. I consider all of you here friends, so don't turn on one of our own!

If you've got to know, I sold Tony a green 250R front fender and some other parts and I wanted to know if he had got it mounted up and if he had some photo's of it.

Bryan Raffa
12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I would have like to have him re-produce the UFO shrouds in different colors..tony if you see this give me a jingle...;)

Louis Mielke
12-24-2007, 12:40 PM
There is nothing wrong with these threads being started. If it makes Tony realize that not everyone here is overbearing then maybe he'll come back. I will post up as many times as possible if it will encourage him to come back and that some of us are sorry about the actions of others.

Bryan Raffa
12-24-2007, 01:01 PM
There is nothing wrong with these threads being started. If it makes Tony realize that not everyone here is overbearing then maybe he'll come back. I will post up as many times as possible if it will encourage him to come back and that some of us are sorry about the actions of others.

DITTO:beer

BigTBones
12-24-2007, 05:42 PM
DITTO:beer

Double DITTO :beer

jeffatc250r
12-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Agreed! I think he was a great guy!

motoman110
12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Who ever this dude is, he sounds like a really cool guy for what he tried doing for the three wheeling community! What are we suppose to expect seriously? Its pretty much impossible to re manufacture parts like these up to the standards that everyone is expecting. From what I take out of this, he worked out of his own garage and paid for this out of his own pocket. If its so easy to do what he did, then why don't you do it your self instead of complain about all his efforts trying to support this dieing sport. He was a great resource, but when people don't respect his efforts to help us all then its his own choice to move on. If I was in his position I would have done the same thing.

Dirtcrasher
12-25-2007, 04:23 PM
OK, I'm a bit confused. Was the loss of this one member the end of this forum?? Or is it also the newer slightly inexperienced members that are making this forum "LESS FUN"?

I get on everyone's case allot, only because I hate to see ATC parts ruined and stupid advice when someone needs help is a waste of a post. But honestly, IMHO, this sight has only grown (IMMENSELY) and with that it has brought about many new members. And, although some of them can be a PITA, there are still allot of guys that have contributed stuff that helps us all out and I welcome them and there posts.

Could you guys please explain "this site use to be fun"?????????????

EDIT - Why did people expect to get free replacements anyhow? You could call MAIER the day you installed your fender and if you broke it, your out! It sounds like his plastic may have been better for restorations rather than everyday riders.

Just like anything else, in time he would have found some better plastic I'm sure.

SYKO
12-25-2007, 05:13 PM

tripple ditto

84honda200s
12-25-2007, 06:27 PM
QUOTE=Dirtcrasher;569995]OK, I'm a bit confused. Was the loss of this onemember the end of this forum?? [/QUOTE]

its not just one. ive noticed allot of the "regulars" from when i joined not coming around too dam much anymore. yes i realize this site is growing and we will go threw the pains of growing. but this doesnt mean the new guys should be allowed to come in here and start down talking some of the older guys that has bin here allot longer.

back to tony......he was a great guy for doing what he did. he paid for everything and he gets told to replace it. thats total crap and he shouldnt have to do it. the way i look at it is.....we lost a great asset to trikes because a bunch of cry babies want new stuff for free over and over again. i dont blame him for turning his back one bit. i would have done it too.

as for huffa ... if i had parts that were rare across seas id want to hear something back too. if i didnt hear anything id be edgy as well. i mean we are talking about rare hard to find parts here. but i still wouldnt bad mouth a friend. so that being said neither huffa or tony are really to blame....but the cry babies that always mooched off tony are to blame.

just remember parts can be replaced (some easier than others) but true friends cant.

BigGreenMachine
01-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't think many people knew about all the replacements being handed out by Aussie. I didn't.

I was sorry to see him go and still miffed about how he was treated.

Meat-BoX
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I met Tony at T.F. 06 and I tell you he is a real good person. For what he was trying to do for us all, he should be thanked and treated with respect. Yea people sweat it when they dont hear right back from someone about their parts, but I tell you Tony didnt strike me as a person that would stiff you. He seemed like he would go the extra mile for ya and he sure did. He worked hard to please us and make a little money on the side for himself and good for him. I say hes a real stand up guy and I wish I had gotten the parts I needed at the time but I was broke as hell. Now hes gone and no one will get to run his parts. Weak or not, the product was pretty nice looking and for the price, worth it.
For the newer people here who didnt get to talk to Aussie, he is a real good dude and anyone who comes across the world to hang with us at TrikeFest for a weekend is hardcore and worthy of praise. Hagen, that means you also. :beer (Still looking for them double wide pegs for the Tecate) :D (Another top notch dude). I wasnt sure what happened but was saddened that something like this would happen to a good guy like him. Anyone who tries to make parts for the 3 wheelers gets mad respect from me. Even if its not top notch, he put forth tons of effort and always with a smile or kind word. Anyways I just thought I would stretch out this thread a bit more.:naughty:

MIK6
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
hey gary... I still have your grazy-G T3 pegs here. I sent you a pm about them. give me a call when you want to grab them.

MIK6 / Mike

RID3R
01-21-2008, 05:49 AM
The problem here to me, it seems. Is these "regulars" think because they have been here since forever and seen and know alot more than the "new guys" they can go on about whatever. Understand more than alot of people didn't know aussie and could care less about threads like this. That does not mean they don't appreciate what he may have done, before. It seems these "regulars" already know whatsup and what's been going on. So who are you really talking to??? Just because aussie did this and did that to help out others, great. That doesn't mean people should have more respect or whatever for him than others on the site. And blow up any thread that comes up about him.

Try to look on the other side when alot of people didn't know him and see all these threads, and to them its worthless. And same with you "regulars", you see alot of stuff that you know about and see alot of things worthless that others don't know and see as not being worthless. That's how it is. With this though it shouldn't be hard to see. I don't think any "new guys" are down talking anyone its just not knowing. And bottom line he's gone now, what more to say? And that's my opinion. As more threads pop up and more time passes and its still going, it gets less fun to come and hang here.

Louis Mielke
01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
The problem here to me, it seems. Is these "regulars" think because they have been here since forever and seen and know alot more than the "new guys" they can go on about whatever. Understand more than alot of people didn't know aussie and could care less about threads like this. That does not mean they don't appreciate what he may have done, before. It seems these "regulars" already know whatsup and what's been going on. So who are you really talking to??? Just because aussie did this and did that to help out others, great. That doesn't mean people should have more respect or whatever for him than others on the site. And blow up any thread that comes up about him.

Try to look on the other side when alot of people didn't know him and see all these threads, and to them its worthless. And same with you "regulars", you see alot of stuff that you know about and see alot of things worthless that others don't know and see as not being worthless. That's how it is. With this though it shouldn't be hard to see. I don't think any "new guys" are down talking anyone its just not knowing. And bottom line he's gone now, what more to say? And that's my opinion. As more threads pop up and more time passes and its still going, it gets less fun to come and hang here.

I'm sorry man I'm going to have to disagree with you. The "new guys" have no say in the correctness of a threads exisistence. Sorry if any newbs fine this thread "unfun" "unnecessary" "worthless" or anything else. This thread exists so that IF by some slim chance our FRIEND drops back by, he might read his thread and see that we MISS him and want him to come back.

Guys we arn't a just a bunch of people talking on the internet like most forums. We are all friends, we have met, we have road together, most of us consider most people on this forum family. I know some people can't understand this but I personally have met almost 50-60 people on this forum who would take me into there home, feed me and keep me the night just if I showed up on there front door univited. Thats family.

This forum isn't just a bunch of faceless nobody's blabing cause they feel like talking to strangers on the internet. Thats what alot of the newbs don't under stand. THIS THREAD EXIST SO IF AUSSIE IS LURKING HE KNOWS WE MISS HIM AND WANT HIM TO COME BACK, PARTS OR NO PARTS.

If the "new guys" don't care for this thread they have 2 choices. DON"T READ THIS THREAD or GO FIND ANOTHER FORUM.

Don't mean to shout. I'm just laying it on the line and I think about 90% of the long term members aggree with me.

Paul C.
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Aussie is not dead. I'm not sure what is going on between him and a few of the members here but he still is into his 3wheelers. In fact I was riding up at Stockton with him a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure why he has deleted his contact details here, guess he had his reasons, but let me tell you, he speaks of all of his friends on 3wheelerworld in the highest regard. Tony is now writing an article on 3wheelers for every addition of AUSTRALIAN ATV ACTION magazine, doing features on readers Trikes and upcoming events, and is doing an awesome job.
Each issue has had at least a 2 page spread in it. He also is a Moderator on www.ozatv.com . Trying to balance all this with his day job & his family would be a hard task for any one person, let alone reproducing aftermarket parts to a worldwide market. Those of us who know him know he is a good bloke, and maybe with time and a little less on his plate he may return to 3ww.

The Goat
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Louis put it the best...Aussie needs to come back. He left about the same time I was showing up, and I tracked him down to order my shrouds. He does great work, and he's a great guy.

I may be relatively new to the forum, but here's a thought, anyone who makes parts and caters to this small group needs to be shown some respect. He helped a lot of people out, and once again, I must agree with someone else. If you don't like it, roll out. If you can't show respect to someone like that... well, screw it.

COME BACK AUSSIE!

RID3R
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
That's obvious he needs to come back. But come on, HE should be mature enough to know how many people did appreciate him and not leave everyone here, and have people tracking him down and starting all these threads asking where he's at. And for anyone that gets tired of seeing these threads. Is that respect? No. I know im not the only one that's tired of seeing these threads, if anyone says anything or not. If he did this or did that, still equal respect should be given to anyone, as long as they don't start problems. I could go on and on, its more to it. If some people would just shutup about other threads I could say, I wouldn't even care to see all this, it wouldn't bother me. But im calling what I see, some say one thing and do another. And it's the ones that think just because they have been here longer or done more, so what. And that's not saying we or "I" don't appreciate what you may do. But no way are you better than anyone else, and ill show "more" respect than another, that is mutual. Ill leave it at that. My opinion.