PDA

View Full Version : Questions About My Tri Z

Gameover
12-21-2007, 01:46 AM
I just bought a 85 Tri Z today from it's origanal owner , it's in pretty good shape but the rear shock feels like its riding on nothing but the spring so it will need to be replaced . what i was wondering is if there are any other shocks that would fit this trike other then the OEM . How hard will finding parts for this model be , harder then it is for my Tecates ? . Is there any problems that i should be aware of or look out for that was common on this model ?

Thanks in Advance ...

Here's a pic of my new trike ...

TwoHundredEx
12-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure a Warrior shock will bolt in.
And I'm not sure if it's specific to a certain year, but the kicker cover's seem to crack if you kick too hard.
Looks like you picked up a nice one. Original owner too! Looks like it's in really good shape.

Gameover
12-21-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure a Warrior shock will bolt in.
And I'm not sure if it's specific to a certain year, but the kicker cover's seem to crack if you kick too hard.
Looks like you picked up a nice one. Original owner too! Looks like it's in really good shape.

Thanks for the info i will look into the Warrior shock , the way the kicker smashes on the foot peg i can see that cover breaking . i already figured this machine has to fire up on a kick or two or somethings going to break down there

factoryX
12-21-2007, 02:31 AM
yea the warrior shock fits, its better than stock too.

BigTBones
12-21-2007, 02:57 AM
From what ive heard the triz's had problems with breaking the kicker case. So be careful!

tjsb1
12-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Works Performance has a nice shock available for the Tri-Z. They also do a heart transfplant for OEM shocks but not sure on the Tri-Z

Gameover
12-21-2007, 04:01 AM
So any year warrior ? that's a quad right ? sorry for sounding stupid but i don't know anything about quads

Tri-ZNate
12-21-2007, 09:00 AM
So any year warrior ? that's a quad right ? sorry for sounding stupid but i don't know anything about quads

Yes any year Yamaha Warrior rear shock, raptor 350 shock wont work unless you mess with th gas tank. Just use some straps and tie up the remote resivour being as you cant quite use the stock location.

If you can find one get a 350x kicker, direct replacment :welcome:

Tryzeedudeman
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
i have heard but not experienced that the plastic water pump gear and impeller are problemateic, so keep an eye on your overheat light to avoid overheating when this problem occures. Enjoy, you should put those r's on the back burner after giving the Z a good chance:)

ceaserthethird
12-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Post some Pictures of your 3 wheeler's , Looks Like you got a Dealer Ship going their !

Gameover
12-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Post some Pictures of your 3 wheeler's , Looks Like you got a Dealer Ship going their !
theres not that many really . pic probably make it look that way , anyway heres some pics of a couple of the trikes i have on my puter , nothing special , i ride all of them so they are not showroom machines , the 86 tecate i picked up a few months ago needs alot of cosmitic work but runs strong .. anyway thanks for the info guys

NINJA
12-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Dang dude, you got yourself one helluva collection going there! I love that fully suspended 185 you got, that's awesome!