PDA

View Full Version : Long time no post... 200x

short4stuff
12-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I used to live in New Brunswick canada... but now have moved to alberta. I am home (nb) for christmas and my 200x is just out sitting in the shed.
I had started to do a resto on it, but kinda lost interest when I got my lisence, and then moved across the country.

I am now thinking about shipping it across canada probably in like 5-6 or more boxes.. I dont know how muhc its gonna cost but probably around 400-500$ I'd say. Or I could look for a 350x or 250r out in alberta.. that will probably cost 1500-3000$ (1500 is for air cooled R's)

If I get the x shipped across, it wont be stock anymore. Stroker here I come.

I guess I am just looking for advice... ship the x across and put probably 500-700 into the motor (i have alot of new stuff for it, just need a good crank, and cam. I have everything else new

or do I wait and find a 250r/350x )they are hard to come by, and not really cheap)

I dont wanna get rid of my x either.. But I dont know when I will be coming back to nb to live again.. and my mom could be moving and she wont wanna move all my stuff.

ATCT
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, if I were you, based on the prices you're quoting for a new one, I'd have it shipped. However, I'd only ship the parts that a) you are going to use again, and/or b) think you might not be able to find. For instance, if you're doing a complete resto as a racer, you might not need the original tires and rims you have. This would save unnecessary shipping. Also, you could keep your eye out for a cheap frame. Then just get it PC'd and you'll have a new looking frame for the cost you shipped yours out. I'd just look for ways to cut corners.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey shortstuff long time no see. I would prob ship the x and take your time makin it nice, who knows when a decent price R or 350X will show up. Although either one of those two would be pretty sweet, I'm building an 85R myself right now, I cant wait!

short4stuff
12-29-2007, 09:39 PM
So I packed it up.. its in 8 different boxes and the frame I just shrink wrapped it. A total of 315$ to ship it across Canada... not too bad I dont think.
Maybe it'll be a sweet little trike one day, since I do work at a industrail sandblasting and painting shop :cool:

TwoHundredEx
12-29-2007, 09:53 PM
How rare are sport trikes over there in Alberta?
Here in BC I've only seen (1)350X, (1) TRI-Z, (had a Raptor front end anyway), and (2) 250R's in the last few years. A couple 200X's here and there too.
Are they a little more common over there?

short4stuff
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
How rare are sport trikes over there in Alberta?
Here in BC I've only seen (1)350X, (1) TRI-Z, (had a Raptor front end anyway), and (2) 250R's in the last few years. A couple 200X's here and there too.
Are they a little more common over there?

havent seen too many.. noticed a few air R's like 2 in the last year + .. and maybe one or two 200x's... but they dont seem to common.
Seen a few liquid R's for sale around the edmonton area. But really I havent been searching really hard.
I am sure they are out there. Just as my x has been sitting in my shed for the last 2 years... how many people know I have it. Not many. There out there, you just have to knock on doors :Bounce