PDA

View Full Version : going to buy a 350x.......

hewlett2002000
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
hey guys im kinda new to this forum, ive posted a few questions but never really got in on the action. figure ill join in... lol im a die hard 3-wheeler fan. im my opinion you can do more with 3-wheeler than a 4-wheeler IF you know how to ride them. i got my first when i was 13. it was a honda 200x if i remember right. had it for 2 years but i was living with my dad at the time and he broke up with his ex and went off and left it. i went back not to long ago and if was all torn down in the back yard, not even worth the effort because it had been in the weather. i rode that thing every day for two years and never had any serious problems. anyways i had a 85 big red for a year or so but my dad needed it for work so i donated it to him and i have been without since. i am 18 now. i have had two bad wrecks, one on each 3-wheeler. first one was on the 200x, i dont really remember much of what happened but i know the left rear tire passed me up while i was sliding across the ground. i got messed up pretty bad and couldent walk for a month or so and i still limp a little. second was on the big red, i was doing a donut on wet asphalt and the tires gripped a little too good and flipped it on top of me, i walked away, barely but i did. anyways im 18 now and i have wanted a 350x for a long time so im gonna find one and buy it. i have a few too many projects as it is but i have to have one. im building two trucks, a 1962 chevy and a 1966 chevy. just a little bit at a time. ive just got that urge to ride. im sure yall know what i mean:) . i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
thanks,
John

rckstrgrl21
12-18-2007, 10:32 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Glad you made it out of those crashes alright! hopefully you learned from them.

good luck on your 350x search! :beer

TravEX
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
350X's are GREAT trikes! Good luck finding one, be patient and get a good one.

edog
12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the board!

Never ever paint you 350X neon colors cause it will be riddled with problems the whole time you own it.You know who you are.:p

Dirtcrasher
12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Whazzup JOHNNIE BOY!!!!

Glad to see ya here... Yes, the 350X is a great choice.

Or buy a 250R and have 2 choices...............

1 - Act all cool, pretend your a "RACER/JUMPER" and then just ride around real fast pulling an occasional wheelie and getting out of sight from your fans.

2 - Ride that machine like GOD intended, Honda was simply a sub-contractor of GOD. GOD wants you to launch that machine into the stratosphere......

Back to the 350X now. Yes the 350X is just a lovely thumper, aside from SYKO's X that he painted up like a cheap whore and now she's mad at him and won't start...... 350X's are where it's AT!! Lots of torque and wheelies through anything. And the power to launch off of a jump if you so desire. The 350X is "CHUBBA" forgiving so even if you like Ring Dings and Funny Bones as much as you enjoy seat time, the 350X will be more than happy to pull over and have an ice cream sandwich with you.

hewlett2002000
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
hey guys thanks. and no worries about the paint, neon aint my thing... lol i would really like to rebuild one from the ground up. and my paint would most likely be mostly black with some red here and there to set it off. i wanted to ask about performance mods. i have done general repairs and a few carb rebuilds but never rebuilt any of these engines. i want to build an engine that has plenty of THUMP to go around. could you give me some tips and ideas? in the mean time im gonna search through the forums and see what yall have done, learn and get ideas. i was looking on craigslist and have found a few good looking 350x's. im not sure if i can post these links here so if its not allowed feel free to remove them. heres what ive found that caught my eye...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/513535526.html

this next one seems a bit pricey to me so if you guys could tell me what you think that would be great...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/495481166.html

thanks,
John

TravEX
12-19-2007, 08:43 AM
The first on sounds like a better deal. I personally would stay away from a guy demanding cash and no joy rides. You gotta try it before you buy it.