PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story AT Little Sahara!!

Darius1502
05-25-2003, 08:52 PM
I really don't drag race anyone anymore. I really don't get very excited over it.

I remember a couple years ago I was out a Little Sahara Dunes. I was riding my Quadzilla just having a good time enjoying the quad. Everyone on a banshee was bothering me. "Do you want to drag that thing?", "Are you scared?"...blah, blah, blah. I really could have cared less about drag racing anyone. Why should I put all that stess on my motor to race a 15 year old kid? Heck, if I wanted to go fast I would ride a CR500 or modified 250 motocrosser.

I told the kid...."look if I really wanted to go fast and not play around I would be riding a motocross bike...no kids stuff man!...besides my Quadzilla would beat you anyway." He looked at me and said..."kids stuff, huh?"...as if to show me what he was about to do.

Just then they all lined up on thier quads. There were a couple Banshees, 400 EX's, and some utitlity quads. They dropped the hammer and they all took off. About 5 seconds later a guy on a CR 250 with a paddle comes riding up and decides he wants part of the drag.

He literally just takes off with about a 5 second handicap. He is throwing freaking rooster tail like crazy and catches up to everyone passes them and just rides off.

The kid comes back to me and tries to avoid me. When he caught me out of the corner of my eye I looked at him and said...'kids stuff'. I guess he realized the futility of it all.

If I want to drag race why race something that weighs 300 + pounds...thats why I also ride my YZ400F (four stroke motocrosser) in the dunes. What alot of people don't understand about guys like me with very mint quads and trikes is that we do not have them by accident. IF we want to race and be crazy we use the new dirt bikes for that because for us they are easily to fix, find parts, and work on.

We don't have nice things by accident! Its not 1985 anymore...if you have an old bike, trike or quad...take care of it! Alot of people will look at a guy with a mint bike and make wise cracks while wishing they had one. Well the truth is that if they had it in a matter of a few weeks it would look like crap. Just go to the dealer and look at some of the 2001 and 2002 bikes that come in for repair...they look older than my 1986 Tri Z...

olderthandirt
05-26-2003, 11:39 AM
:-D i'm glad that guy on the mx bike was able to put them kids in their place. i can't stand it when i go riding when some whiny ass teenager
comes up to me and says that his quad will blow my doors off,and then asks why are you still riding that p.o.s ,that thing is old school.
so most times i ask them did mommy and daddy buy it for you, have you any rider safety courses under your belt,can you even perform proper maintenence on you ride?
most time they just get mad and go whatever old man! and ride off.
on a few occasions i've had the joy of leaving them in their tracks.
then they cry i missed a gear,or the bikes not running right,i wasn't ready.
go tell mommy that.
yes, i could go buy the newest quad out there,but my 350x is a testament
to the time and moneyto keep the three wheeler alive.

olderthandirt
05-26-2003, 11:43 AM
:( sorry to rant and rave in the last reply.
:-Don a positve note,that is the sweetest king quad zilla ive seen.

Trikeaholic
05-26-2003, 01:51 PM
agree 100%. ANYONE can go buy a new golf cart. big freakin deal. It takes a real enthusiast to restore or keep an old classic on the trails. I dont beat my trikes, either. Most of them are "nice originals" only one has had a frame up resto, but Im wanting to do them all. At any rate, I try to ride them pretty gently and keep em clean.

ATC crazy
05-26-2003, 02:05 PM
My parents got me a '02 Honda Foreman 450S for Christmas '01. It has 2578 miles on it since then and it still looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I've raced my buddies with it (up the driveway) and I've jumped it quite a few times. I always take care of my machines...and even more care of other people's machines. I've been saving up for an '88 TRX250R so I could restore it and mabey do some Hare Scrambles too. It just shows that there are a few teenagers that appreciate what they have.

BTW: Nice machine Darius1502 ;)

CHAINSAW
05-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Which little sahara are you referring to??? I was at the one in Oklahoma this weekend.

Darius1502
05-26-2003, 03:21 PM
It was Little Sahara in Waynoka Ok...great place to ride and alot of nice people there

Dynofox
05-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Darius1502, that's a nice looking zilla! I've also heard the "why are you riding that thing, aren't those illegal?" (refering to my Z). This is always coming from someone who just recently got into atving and doesn't realize my trike could tear their quad a new one. I really don't give a rats ass if they like my trike, all I know is i'm proud of the work I did on it and I really enjoy riding it. Being able to ride a 2-stroke trike takes a lot more skill than any of the newer quads. Also you guys are correct when you say anyone can buy a new quad. If I really wanted a new quad I would have bought one before I bought my Z, I was considering a new z400 at the time. I wanted to be different and be the only one riding a sweet trike around here, so I bought one.

jeswinehart
05-26-2003, 05:41 PM
i'm 47 years old and never raced anybody but my ownself (lost a couple of times at that - lmao) so i don't reckon i'll start now either,,,

john