PDA

View Full Version : Try this with the Chineese junk floating around out there today....Got a 110

jasonb01
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
So my wife tells me that she saw an old 3 wheeler behind her uncle's house the other day. Gotta love having the ole lady on the lookout. :naughty: So, being me, I head over there yesterday and it's a 85 110. Parked under an overhang on one of his sheds. Plastic is Mint. Tank outside is Mint. Inside will need to be coated. Frame has some bad surface rust and will need paint. Brake is shot. He said he parked it around 1990. 17 years ago! He told me I could have it for free to get it out his way! :w00t: So I pull the carb last night and tear it down and put it soaking. Put it together just now and first pull. Putt....Putt.....Putt.....Putt....Putt. Like it is brand new. Honda was no joke when they built an engine in the 80's.
I will take pics when I put it back together. I got excited and tore it apart right away. Did pull the rope out of it just now. Gotta fix that.

My wife wanted to buy my son one of these chineese crap quads for Christmas. I looked at a few and just couldn't bring myself to drop my hard earned cash on that crap. Found a 2002 on eBay that I am picking up Saturday. A Suzuki Quad Master 50. Try to start one of those junk bikes in 20 years after they sit and rust.

Anything up with the 110's? My uncle said that the timing is a biotch. And that the chain slips off the front sprocket and cracks the case. Is that common? I'm sure I'll be posting lots on this one. Gonna be my first restore. All my others were nice when I got them. Should be fun. :beer

Threes company
12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Awesome find........ good luck! :pics: :pics: :pics: