PDA

View Full Version : 1985 250r almost done.

Preddy05
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Locked up the motor a couple months ago just got around to tearing it down. Found out why it locked up. Nice size of he piston gone rings stuck in no idea how the bike even started. here is were its at now.

Preddy05
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
well i have been really lazy and have not touched this thing in a really long time. Had off work today so figured i would get working on it. Replaced the seals in the forks and put oil in them (damn things were empty other than the little bit of dirty water in them!!!!) they work great now. Put the front end on. (have the number plate just sitting on it for picture.) Should have my bushings tomorrow for the swing arm so i should have that installed tomorrow with more pictures if they come...Let me know what you think so far.

first two pictures are of what it looked like when i got it.
two after that are of what it looked like before it got tore down.
last two are of what it looks like now

Remington700
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow dude that sucks about the engine and I am very sorry about that. I'm glad to see her looking a lot better now, best of luck!

Preddy05
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah the motor does suck! good thing about that is when i put it back together i know everything will be fresh so it should run great. Didn't get the swingarm on it today :cry: Got the bushings for it but was a pain getting out the old bearing didn't think they were ever going to come out!. so should have it on tomorrow with any luck!

pictures
1. Of my problem!
2. nerf before cleaned
3. nerf polished
4. Better picture of it with a camera (even tho it kinda looks orange but its really red...)

Preddy05
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Well pulled it out of the shed today and put the back end on... well most of it. Not sure What color to make the tank I don't want to much black but the red might look out of place... sprayed it off with the hose (was dusty) ..... Let me know what you think so far.:TrikesOwn :w00t:

gizmo_22
07-31-2008, 02:52 PM
looks like its commin along great man, keep it up :)

83ATC185S
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Looking pretty good, not sure if I would like the nerfs but to each his own!

cybrman
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking silver, maybe grey? tank with some kinda black airbrushing on it to match that seat.
Lookin real nice.

Preddy05
08-14-2008, 08:12 PM
figured i would take a couple pictures of it with the gas tank sitting on it.... Not sure how you guys feel about the red tank but i kinda like how it breaks up all the black. Let me know what you think (sorry about the pictures. raining out so had to take them inside)

Nick_R_23
08-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Haha, I drew up that exact same color scheme for my 250r the week after I bought it. I like actually seeing it on a real life 250r. Must be good if someone else thought of it too!! Approved!!

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Saul
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Sweet sweet trike.

Preddy05
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Got my motor Friday its stock but i figure while i run it i have another cylinder i will send out and get some work done to it. Still waiting for my sprockets, clutch cable and other parts. I was excited to hear it run after over a year of being down! Not the nicest 250r i have ever seen but here it is.

Got the motor from a board member Thanks again!