PDA

View Full Version : 84 250r problem HELP

prbegt94
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I just got this three wheeler of off a friend of mine. It has been sitting for about 6 month as he got in a accident on it so it has been sitting. I couldnt get it started so i tryed putting in a new spark plug that didnt help. So i pulled started it and eventually it started. after ridding it for about 5mins i stop and let it idle, then i hear a clanking sound as soon as i hear that sound about 10sec later it shuts of. I try to kick it over and the kick starter was stuck like frozen. What can it be? THANKS

SYKO
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
did you use straight gas in it?? hopefully you didnt. But never the less it soundz like it has seized up, either from not running premix or running way to lean, tiem for a complete over haul now top and bottom end esecially if you heard a loud clankin noise, dont fret parts are still avail for the old air foolers, but your still looking at $500+ for a complete rebuild.

oh besides your tough luck welcome to the boards!!

max
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
You may not need a complete rebuild. Take the topend apart first and inspect. It sounds like a piston skirt blew and lodged down in the crank.

Same thing happened on mine. I took the topend off and found a piece binding the crank, cleaned out the debris, check the bearings, and redid my topend without splitting the cases. Worked sweet!

Some parts ARE very hard to get on these things!!

Like syko said, hopefully your running premix.

Erics350x
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Never pull start a two stroke thats been sitting for awhile. Sounds like a lean seize
Try putting it in first or second gear and rocking it back and forth to free the rings.
If you do get it fixed, clean the carb/fuel system to keep this from happenin again.

prbegt94
12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks ill try and do that. i hope it is a top end problem and not bottom end. i can work with top end but bottom is pricey.