PDA

View Full Version : "Skeletor" 350x ice racer

scrawny
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
this was how she looked last year, she runs strong, but not as strong as the new liquid 4 strokes.

so i put her back to stock(frame, motor is still BUILT!:twisted: ) so i can play ride.

Yamada
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
All go no show :naughty:
No really it's a great racer.
what are the mods on the engine?

scrawny
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
82mm 12:1 wiseco, Rossier ported head, web cam 40b grind, cobra pipe with quiet core. i have a 400ex carb to go on which should make a nice difference.

it runs real strong for 360cc's just NOTHING like the 450's. it made 38 horse when i had a +6mm stroker in it on race gas with a 36mm carb, thats what my 450R made bone stock. :\

dunerash
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Nice 350x scrawny:D Good to see you still around:lol:

chris200x
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Cool pics! :drool: Where can someone like myself get one of those cool aftermarket ice racer gas tanks? :rolleyes:

scrawny
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
dunerash, always good to see you too!

here is that gas tank: http://www.gmo1.com/product_p/acerbis04-13.htm

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2007, 06:19 PM
82mm 12:1 wiseco, Rossier ported head, web cam 40b grind, cobra pipe with quiet core. i have a 400ex carb to go on which should make a nice difference.

it runs real strong for 360cc's just NOTHING like the 450's. it made 38 horse when i had a +6mm stroker in it on race gas with a 36mm carb, thats what my 450R made bone stock. :\

Why did you drop the stroker for this "built" motor your running now??

LOL, I thought your tank was a Prestone Anti-Frz bottle......

scrawny
12-14-2007, 06:33 PM
the top of my rod went bye bye then tried exiting the motor via the lower jug. thats what wrecked the sparks head i had on it.

the only reason to run the tank is to get the countersteering required for non studded racing.
:pics:

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2007, 07:49 PM
WOW!! That rod launched, and ruined a Curtis Sparks head? What a shame. How long did the motor last if I may ask? I've had a couple of guys tell me NOT to run the strokers and to up the compression, add a nice cam and good porting and I'd be content with that... I still don't want to pay for race gas though because I ride quite a bit in good weather.

scrawny
12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
yea after the pin pulled through the rod, the rod proceeded to smack the piston into the head a few thousand times before it broke the bottom of the sleeve off and stuck between the bottom of the jug and cases. that one ran for 3 yrs i think before she launched, i had another one that lasted almost 10. the stroker was worth ALOT by the seat of the pants i will say. i run pump gas and give a shot of octane boost, race gas would be another nice difference if you want to beat your buddies.

the motor was in a fourwheeler flat track bike i had when it happened...yes i was leading....

MID
12-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Small world hey scrawny. I could swear, that i seen you some where, ummm where was it?

Oh yea in this vidoe. http://media.putfile.com/Aaron-jason-side-by-side-through-whops-sections

and then.... (http://media.putfile.com/Jason-Aaron-side-by-side-through-rythem-section)

http://img2.putfile.com/main/10/27919255028.jpg

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
yea after the pin pulled through the rod, the rod proceeded to smack the piston into the head a few thousand times before it broke the bottom of the sleeve off and stuck between the bottom of the jug and cases. that one ran for 3 yrs i think before she launched, i had another one that lasted almost 10. the stroker was worth ALOT by the seat of the pants i will say. i run pump gas and give a shot of octane boost, race gas would be another nice difference if you want to beat your buddies.

the motor was in a fourwheeler flat track bike i had when it happened...yes i was leading....

THANKS Scrawny!! Stick around, your only a few posts deep. This message board is da' bomb but it's guys like you that ran these products and forked out your wallet that can really benefit the rest of us. THANK YOU!!

Did you dump the stroker because of reliability? But you said 10 years on another....:wondering

I don't race, I wonder if I should dump a grand into a stroker or a bit less into a HC piston, cam and ported/carburated motor?? Actualy there are only a few bills between the two, it's the octane that scares me away............

edog
12-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I think this would make a cool signature pic!
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/27919255028copy.jpg

Dirtcrasher
12-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I like the added "Honda 350X" but i think it looks nasty as is without the "neon" shaded colors.

scrawny
12-15-2007, 02:04 AM
whoa, talk about feeling welcomed...thanks guys you rock!!!

i see mid is in here, it was only a matter of time before i showed up...

dirtcrasher, i never really dumped the stroker...it kinda dumped itself. the failure that occured had nothing to do with the stroker i dont think. it was the rod that failed. the other one that i had would have lasted longer if i would have rejetted and regeared. that was in the infancy of my racing career...DOH~! crank works did the crank both times, and i would recomend them for ANY storker work :D

chris200x
12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Why did you drop the stroker for this "built" motor your running now??

LOL, I thought your tank was a Prestone Anti-Frz bottle......

Well now how bout that! I thought it was a rigged up bottle of somethingorother too! :lol: Those are pretty neat!

Welcome to the boards dude!

scrawny
12-15-2007, 02:16 AM
thanks!

i tecnically wrecked the tank by putting the lawn mower petcock on it but hey...

scrawny
12-15-2007, 02:37 AM
forgot i had more pix of the beast online....:postwhore :postwhore

scrawny
12-15-2007, 02:42 AM
stroker setup '99 390cc's of 4 stroke kicking 2 stroke butt!!