PDA

View Full Version : what piston is in my z?......cylinder?'s

evand
12-10-2007, 01:33 PM
well i pulled the top end apart and i guess the kid wasnt BS's me when he said it had a fresh rebuild. there was almost no carbon on the piston and you can still see cross hatch marks on the walls.the rod is as tight as can be and the crank looks like it was out... but the cylinder walls look thin to me thinner in the front by the exhaust then the back???? idk if thats a problem but i have a few blaster cylinders that ran fine and were like that to.

but any ways, there was no size on the top of the piston just a bunch of numbers and i was wondering if any one could tell what over bore its on, because im not going to send this cylender out to be ported if its on its last run.....

the number on the top of the piston read.

back side of the engine (carb side) = 8304d
front side=515m07000

o and i drained the oil out of it and it was black but it had some lighter streaks in it, it wasnt milky or real thin. should i be worried/what kind of a job is it to put a waterpump seal in it?

sry for the long post guys

thanks
Evan

Tri-ZNate
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah its on its last bore. The white stuff is probably aluminum from the piston, when it was broke in

evand
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
any one know what size it is???

Tri-ZNate
12-10-2007, 11:00 PM
70mm
2mm or 80 thousandths over stock

MTS
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah its on its last bore. The white stuff is probably aluminum from the piston, when it was broke in

Come again??...:lol:
Its more likely from a New clutch, or you tearing the crap outa the stock basket.

evand
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
thanks...id def say the cylinder has seen better days lol

Tri-ZNate
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Come again??...:lol:

When you break it in you will get a very small amount or aluminum from where the piston and rings rub against the cylinder till they get seated. You will usually only see it on the first oil change. Unless I have read and experienced wrong :wondering

MTS
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
When you break it in you will get a very small amount or aluminum from where the piston and rings rub against the cylinder till they get seated. You will usually only see it on the first oil change. Unless I have read and experienced wrong :wondering

on a 4 stroke yea, a Z, unless im thinking otherwise, is a 2 stroke, there is no way shape or form , there should be aluminum in the Gearcase from the crankcase, :beer

Tri-ZNate
12-11-2007, 06:30 AM
on a 4 stroke yea, a Z, unless im thinking otherwise, is a 2 stroke, there is no way shape or form , there should be aluminum in the Gearcase from the crankcase, :beer

Yeah I wasnt even thinking on that one I guess. Kinda hard for it to do that when the 2 parts are sealed off from each other :crazy: