PDA

View Full Version : help!! She stopped running!!! NO SPARK!!

Ken99287
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I just installed a new carb on the trike and took it for a ride and it was great. no bogging down or anything, kicked up a lot of snow and did a lot of fishtailing. also hit some puddles that made lots of steam everywhere - could that hurt the trike?? Anyways, while messing around, it died out on me. I hit the starter button and it started back up with just a little fuss. i rode it a couple more minutes, then parked it. 10 minutes later, i went to start it up again and it's no good. starter turns, but it won't start. I even tried the pull start. i pulled the sparkplug out and looked at it, it was fine(had a very very very light light colored film), but when i grounded the plug and cranked her over, NO SPARK!!!! I don't know what the problem is! I do know that last week, i found out the reason she was dying out on me was because the wires coming out of the CDI cover were grounding out because the seat latch was smashing them against the frame. what should i look for??!?!?! HELP!!!! oh yeah, it's an 84 125M. Please help me get this thing running again! It was fun!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ken99287
12-08-2007, 06:26 PM
maybe it got wet??

TwoHundredEx
12-08-2007, 06:31 PM
First things first, try a new plug. Eliminate the small problems first. Then I'd check the wiring, maybe the wires for the CDI have been grounded again?

Threes company
12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey Ken, double check the wires you hotted under the dash? Maybe they came loose..... My Pop always says....... "whenever it breaks down.... look at the last thing you fixed!" :confused: Any chance you could post a few pics of the new carb with a bit more info like where on EBay you purchased it and what model? etc, etc...... I've got a 110 here that I'm looking at this mod for. Good luck...

Ken99287
12-08-2007, 06:39 PM
sure, i'll take some pictures of the carb. it works really well. i was a little skeptical at first. the only problem i have is that the choke is on a lever and not cable. the gas tank gets in the way of the lever - have to lift the tank up an inch to get it to open or close the choke. I just left the tank bolts off for now. anyways, i was going to open up the cdi cover and look at it - maybe rewire it. i'm thinking i got something wet. The plug is new - has maybe half an hour on it. anyways, i'll try to get some pics up tonight. i was going to take a picture of the carbs side-by side, but i kinda forgot to!

Ken99287
12-08-2007, 06:40 PM
oh, one more difference, the air/fuel mixture screw is on the right side - that makes it a pain to adjust!

SYKO
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
check the spark plug cap, mine on my 350x died on me after the last ride, I was like wtf? went to pull the plug and the inside of the plug cap where the wire threads into was dead! put another cap on off another machine trimmed the wire back some and fired right up, but thats just a possibility, also Im glad that carb worked! I told you it would help! and did that fork make it there?

Ken99287
12-08-2007, 08:47 PM
fork's not here yet. i threw some bearings on the fork i have right now(i bought a pack of 100 bearings right before buying the complete bearing and race kit, so i figure it doesn't matter too much if it gets messed up. anyhow, it runs well now - just no spark! when i checked the spark plug, it was a little loose too, i must not have tightened it enough. ok, thanks. i'll post pictures soon.