PDA

View Full Version : opinions on favorite machines.

crazyorigin
05-24-2003, 10:25 AM
hello, i am farily new on the 3 wheeler scene, and am just looking for some opinions.

Why is it that 3 wheelers are so appealing, and attract such diehard fans? :?:

personaly, i enjoy them because they are diffrent, and dangerous, and they kick ass in tight trail conditions.

:twisted:

Trikeaholic
05-24-2003, 05:52 PM
alot of guys here started riding trikes when it was not "politically incorrect" and never stopped. It seems most of us are in our mid 30's and had trikes growing up. In other words, we cant let go of our youth. I bet all these same people listen to '80's music too. ( I know thats my case, anyway) But im sure im not alone.

J.D.
05-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Or there's the ones like me, we could only afford old broken 3 wheelers...started off for me as just temporarily, then I grew to love them so much! Now granted I still want a Banshee, but I do love my 3wheelers! It's just a way to be different too, not everyone has a 3 wheeler.

ATC crazy
05-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Than there's ones like me who were born the year trikes were banned from production in the US. I've had a '87 250SX for about 4 years but then sold it to my friend and got a Foreman 450. Pretty much everyone my age who has been around 3/4-wheelers wishes they were born about 15 years earlier. My 2 brothers are in their early 30's so they've been around them most of their life.

J.D.
05-24-2003, 06:54 PM
I was born in '87 too!!

Darius1502
05-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Wow...you guys are young. I was a freshman in high school in 1987! Man I am glad I lived through the 80's! It seems like it was a more laid back time....(I guess everyone says that about thier youth).

Well now I am 30 and I am an attorney with my own business...everytime I go back and look at 3 wheeler stuff I feel like I am a 13 year old kid in my bedroom reading Dirt Wheels. The stress just leaves my mind...its great therapy!!

I imagine being able to finally afford and work on some of these older bikes is similar to the feeling I would get it I was able to nail some of the playboy centerfolds I used to admire as a young man of 13 as well! Hmmm....that sounds a little strange...don't judge me! Ha ha!

350Xccelerator
05-24-2003, 10:00 PM
i was born in 87' too.

olderthandirt
05-24-2003, 10:09 PM
:-D my 350x is the best 3 wheeler i've ever owned.
as far as age goes, i completed my apprenticeship in the iron workers in 1987,yes i'm old as hell,almost 40 but still like to roost those pesky quads :-D :-D :-D :-D

moe
05-24-2003, 10:31 PM
To me 3 wheelers are about not being able to go to the honda store and buying a new one. I'm 34 got 4 trikes anyone can get a 4 wheeler put building a nice 3 wheeler that makes you the man :!: :!: :!:

NOS_350X
05-25-2003, 02:03 AM
i love them because of the cost how well they keep up considering how old they are and they are head turners you dont see as many of them around

Jonathan
05-25-2003, 02:25 AM
I love 3-wheelers for several reasons. The first ATV I ever rode by my self was an ATC 110. They look fudgin badass. If you've ever executed a powerslide on a 3-wheeler while hanging your ass all the way off one side, you know it's the second best feeling in the world ever ;) . They're the cool part of the ATV world, they take a special person to ride them right and stuff. Yes they do kick ass in tight trail conditions, that's why I absolutely love 110's, I wouldn't consider them dangerous though if you know how to ride trikes. You have to learn to ride on a trike to be able to ride one right IMO.

Discalaimer: I came home drunk (again) and wrote this, so that's why it doesn't make sense if it doesn't.