View Full Version : atc 125 and 250

trike_lover
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I am going to buy 2 atc's
atc 125 fourstroke
atc 250 fourstroke

both need new carbs.
they have been sitting for 2 years
If I buy 2 new carbs and put em in will they run?
they have been stored outside

anyone selling carbs ?

are they fun? are they good on trails?

SYKO
12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
well If I buy a carb for a tree will it run??

buying a carb wont nessecialy make a motor run, it may have other problems with them, why are the carbs missing in the first place? and if stored outside, first things first make sure you can get the motor to turn over, and check the oil for water and contaminents and the gas tank for rust

if its a 125M thats a fun little river rat wheelie machines

250sx sporty shaft drive utility
250es big utility

all can be good trikes and fun as well.

Ken99287
12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
i just bought a 125m, it seems fun. i just replaced the carb on mine because the stock one leaked a little, probably just a gasket, but i decided to just buy a new one because it's almost cheaper than buying the rebuild kit. good spark at the right time, correct air/fuel mix, and correct timing will make any engine run. get onto ebay and you'll be able to find generic carbs that will fit these things. they fit 70cc - 125cc engines. make sure they are 22mm and all the controls are on the left side. if you go to www.dratv.com, you'll see a replacement that will work, but i think it's the same as the ones on ebay - except more expensive. good luck!!

3Wheelers4Life
12-06-2007, 11:29 PM
I am going to buy 2 atc's
atc 125 fourstroke
atc 250 fourstroke

both need new carbs.
they have been sitting for 2 years
If I buy 2 new carbs and put em in will they run?
they have been stored outside

anyone selling carbs ?

are they fun? are they good on trails?
since they have been sitting for 2 years, do everything to them. change oil, maybe change gas, change plug, grease them, wash them, check them over for any broken parts, check valves, adjust idle if needed, air filters, check brakes, etc.
post a wtb ad in the classifieds for carbs, or look on ebay.
the bikes are only as fun as you make them, personally i think their fun. i heard they do good on trails especially with the auto clutches.

Ken99287
12-07-2007, 12:20 AM
yeah, setting idle is important, but you have to get a carb first! wash, inspect, grease, reset anything adjustable to specs - .... have fun

bigreddaddy
12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
i just replaced the carb on mine because the stock one leaked a little, probably just a gasket, but i decided to just buy a new one because it's almost cheaper than buying the rebuild kit.

What??? Rebuild kits are under $25, usually around $18. I wouldn't buy a whole other carb unless I HAD to.

To the OP, do some reading/searching on this site and you will find a lot of good information on what to look for when buying one of these old trikes. And DON'T start buying parts until you find out what all the trikes need.

DarkestGKnight
12-07-2007, 04:00 PM
he could be talking about klt's to