PDA

View Full Version : honda 200es top end rebuild

roberttice
12-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Hello I just aquired a Honda 200es. It runs but not well. I would like to rebuild the top end because it smokes alot. Since I have never rebuilt the top end before I want to know how complicated this is and where are the timing marks when you put it back togther. Also I bought this from some guy it was sitting in the backyard for a couple of years before I got it. now it starts ok but I need to work on the wiring because every wire has been cut and spliced and the solenoid is not right there are wires all over hooking it to the rectifier. and the frame has been cut and welded. the foot brake is missing from this so eventually I would like to get a frame and put everything on the frame. So another question is are the frames from 200m and 200es the same.

atctim
12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
#1 - A Manual will be your best friend on any kind of repair for your machine - this site will be your second best outlet for info

#2 - the 200M and ATC200ES have very different frames as the 200M is chain drive and the 200ES is shaft drive. Unfortunatly - the 1984 ATC200ES was a one year production run - your only hope is to find another 1984 ATC200ES frame - but they are plentiful

Good Luck and oh..................Welcome to the boards!

roberttice
12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
so where can i get one of these manuals. I seen on here that someone is selling downloads but i didnt see where to click to purchase the download for the manual.