PDA

View Full Version : First Snow Ride On A 3 Wheeler

runaway
12-02-2007, 03:19 AM
HELLO
well we got some snow here in michigan so i took my 3 wheeler out for a ride on the streets. this was the first time ive rode a 3 wheeler in the snow it was the funnest thing ive done before (with my clothes on).
i have only rode my three wheeler about four times after the first time i hacked it apart and put suspension on it,2nd and 3rd time was only to test it .
and the forth was tonight ,i just dont know how to put it into words im sure some of you know wat im saying,these machines are a blast i can only imagine it with a full suspension and a more powerful trike.
riding in the snow is the sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. i wore a helmet my lady wont let me on it without it:w00t: :w00t: :D :TrikesOwn

rally4x4racer
12-02-2007, 03:35 AM
runaway - I have ridden a few trikes bikes and quadrapalegics - but I have not played in the snow on a trike yet. I live in the south and no matter how much I ask for snow I dont get much.

I have an aresanal of trikes this year and first ice over I am going to have a blast. Congrats man - glad your having fun!!

cr480r
12-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Its snowing in the hills here right now.. Tomorrow I am gonna take the 125M out to play... My buddy is borrowing his dads 200m so we will both be on 3-wheelers... I have never ridden a trike in the snow... I know a dirtbike is a blast to ride in snow, and quads do ok too... So I bet the trike will be prime...

brrcuda
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I love to get the 3 wheeler out for the first snow fall. 2-4 inches is just perfect for 3 wheeler blastin'. You dont have to worry about ripping up the ground so much and sliding out the corners on snow is just awesome.

Snow is coming tonight for us up in New England... Get the trikes outs and have fun....

digity x
12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
snow is coming now for us here in ny but the x is ripped apart until tuesday but i ripped the lt250r up some on frozen ground with a dusting of snow we have.it was fun cant wait until tomarrow after work for more fun.

edog
12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I went riding in our last little snow storm.The winter is one of my favorite times to ride!

Brockey
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I had my 70 out for a run in the snow an hour ago. Good fun.

Nick_R_23
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Man im in Alaska and we still got DIRT. I might just have to move down to Florida or something just to remember what it looks like. :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

225DX DUDE
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I had my 70 out for a run in the snow an hour ago. Good fun.

Not to jack this thread, how does the 70 ride in the snow? I have one and we didnt get much snow yet and was wondering how it moved.

Russell 350X
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Snow riding is by far the best riding I've done on a trike. I really like getting into the deeper stuff, drifts and such. I enjoy the challenge.

Brockey
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
The 70 goes good in about 5 inches of snow. Real fun booting around. Where you get a few more inches tho she gets stuck if your not going fast enough. I have a blast. I love my sons 70. lol.

RedRider_AK
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Trikes in snow are awesome! I was riding my 200X in the white stuff until I blew it up (locked up the tranny), it was a blast to drift around corners in 6th gear wide open!

Tatersaladx
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Riding in snow with anythin that has wheel is fun. Hahaha last night i got chased bringing this id home from a party on my rancher(everyone was sayin there were no cops out). theres not a better feeling ten all of that adrenaline. then to top it all off, there was a light dusting, and i missed the trail and had to go around an this island, sideways all the way around. I lost him after that. But yea snow makes things a hell of alot more fun, and especially since everything out here is posted, and no wheeled vehicles are aloud it gives you an advantage over cruisers.

atckowalski
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
We got well over a foot here in Alpena today! The only riding I got to do was behind the snowblower all day though.

300rman
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
yeah, with a R, you can get some wicked drifts going....... today i went out on the wet pavement, and it drifts awesome! the snow last night, could hold it sideways for ever lol.

runaway
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
hello
well i rode the day away and put the suspension addition to the test and it holds up great,now all i need is front suspension. any one got a cheap front end off a 200x they want to get rid.

my friend gave me a set of turf tamers they are 18-9.50-8 he says that putting these tires on that they will increase my take off speed and allow me to slide better and easier plus stabilize my trike,is this true if so wat are the down fall of such a small tire?

TwoHundredEx
12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes the Turf Tamers will increase your acceleration, traction, and allow you to slide better. The downside is that you will lose some top speed, if you don't mind that, then throw them on there.

Kintore
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
They are a great tire, if your worried about loss of top speed... just up your front sprocket 1 tooth and your set.

steven 250sx
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: took the Z out for the frist time in the snow and what a ride i never had something with that much power and threewheels in the snow before i was pooping my pants
it would prolly be more fun with better tires though:crazy:
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/steven250sx/?action=view&current=tri-z008.jpg

RedRider_AK
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
hey Runaway. I have a 1987 200X front end you can have for cheap. Complete with triple clamps, steering neck and forks, and hell I'll even throw in the axle and hub for ya. All you need to do is add a front brake system and you're all set (it'll work w/o a front brake as well, that's how I rode it for about a week or so).

PM me if interested

brrcuda
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I just went out and did some 350x blastin in the snow. Man does that put a smile on your face. :beer

Kintore
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Got 2 feet here now, talk about a BLAST!

ATCT
12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: took the Z out for the frist time in the snow and what a ride i never had something with that much power and threewheels in the snow before i was pooping my pants
it would prolly be more fun with better tires though:crazy:
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/steven250sx/?action=view&current=tri-z008.jpg

Wow, you went out with flat track tires on. The back end had to slide around like mad. Pretty fun though, I'm guessing. I love riding in the snow. Can't wait. I too need new tires first, though.

steven 250sx
12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow, you went out with flat track tires on. The back end had to slide around like mad. Pretty fun though, I'm guessing. I love riding in the snow. Can't wait. I too need new tires first, though.

hahah oh god how do they say it "getting sideways"

factoryX
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM
it is snowing every where in the nation except in oregon...all we have is dumb flooding and gay hippies...

Bryan Raffa
12-04-2007, 10:15 AM
it is snowing every where in the nation except in oregon...all we have is dumb flooding and gay hippies...

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry about you luck,, we keep most of ours in NYC:lol:

we got blasted last night ,,and no work again today....fixin to get a bike out this afternoon:naughty:

ATCT
12-04-2007, 10:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry about you luck,, we keep most of ours in NYC:lol:

Hey, that's the West Village and Chelsea. Not that there's anything wrong with that....:lol: