PDA

View Full Version : how do you remove the nut off the clutch basket on a 83 200x

ciggy
05-22-2003, 09:31 PM
i have a 83 200x and i cant figure out how to get the nut off its the one you have to turn clockwise if you know please let me know

speed20
05-22-2003, 09:59 PM
In order to get it off you must turn its CCW (Counter Clock Wise), if you are turning it CW (Clock Wise) your tightening it....what i did was got a 24 mm socket, and cut out everything except where the 4 holes in the nut are at ( in other words i left 4 prongs on the socket) ....works like a charm!

mike from long island
05-22-2003, 10:22 PM
when i replace my clutches i use an impact gun to get the nut off. you have to bend the nut lock washer back (if on a 200x i never replaced one on that bike) then slowly impact it off. i never and still dont own the flywheel holder thingy. so the gun works fine. i put it back together my hand and then just pop one time with the impact to lock it. be careful not to strip the nut putting it back on or crack your clutch basket. good luck and yes off is counter clock wise the last time i did it lol

TimSr
05-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Yes, exactly what Mike said! On my 86 200x, though I think that nut was reverse thread if I remember right, but that was a while ago, so he might be right about turning it clockwise to take it off.