PDA

View Full Version : foward kick xr 200 bottom end?

mullet_boy
11-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I was putting fresh clutches in my 200x today, and when I got to the point where i had to realign the gears on the outside of the side case that reverse the kick (the ones behind there own little cover), i wondered if it was possible to somehow mix and match peices form an xr 200 and a 200x to make a forward kicking xr motor. Assuming the crank case is the same bolt patern for the right side case on both motors, the only diference i have ever noticed is the kicker shaft coming from the crank case that protrudes into the side case, and the side case itself. So just as an idea, could you take the kicker shaft out of a 200x (so it would have the splines for the gears that reverse the kick), and swap it into an xr 200 bottom end, along with the x side case and have a 6 speed foward kicking 200x?

NINJA
11-28-2007, 01:32 AM
An 86/87 is a six speed forward kicking 200X. Sorry, had to say it.

blue27
11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
yes you can, search on the site for more info. Its actually an old skool MX thing from the past, I know a guy who raced 200x and that is what he did back in the 80s.

mullet_boy
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I knew the later models had 6 speeds, but i just happen to have an 84 x and a blown up xl motor from the same year. Thats awsome you can acctually do that. Sorry i didnt search, most of the stuff id read on putting the xr/xl motor into trike was just swapping the complete motor out and having to kick it backwerds, so i thought this idea was new. Looks like i have a new project to get done before the snow flys...Thanks for the help!