PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions on two Builds 86 200x 84-85 Tecate

Meat-BoX
11-27-2007, 03:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-Honda-Atc-200X-Front-Fender-NEW-RED-OR-WHITE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43973QQihZ012QQit emZ220175815731QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Their 86 Front fender in white and the rear in white also beat any price I've seen so far. Will need a 86 200X sticker kit also. Has anyone dealt with these guys and are the fenders mint or Blems? They say they are new. Whos got the best sticker kits? Need some Billit goodies from here and possibly a new seat cover from Cosmic Quads:drool: 86 style baby:pics: . Need a set of white scoops for the x also. Want to go pretty much white and blue on the X
Also looking into the Sprock Cool Head for my Tecate. Whats the history on these bad boys. Are they solid and will they add performance without shortening the lifetime of my motor. Also can someone explain the domes. Im looking to go mid range Dome on my stock motor. What will it change?. Also is it the 300EX shock that works well on the Tecate? Oh yea I take it I will need longer rear brake lines because of the Cal-Fab +2" I looked a Galfer but didnt see anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Ive got alot of work to do in a short amount of time. I gots cash in hand though:w00t: Looking to do a total cosmetic overhaul on the 200x and get the Tecate done and Race ready. Just dont know where to start spending my cash.:D

RID3R
11-27-2007, 04:13 AM
An 01 raptor 660 shock will bolt up to a 300ex so you could also use that on your t3 besides the 300ex. And if im correct, you need to drill out the lower mount for the shock and use the 300ex/raptor bolt, not sure though. About the rear brake line, I dont think you need an extended line as my +2 Franks swinger does not. But, I had called this number before on a brake line and they gave me another number but lost that. They should be able to point you in the right direction if you need 714 530 2215

200xman
11-27-2007, 07:52 AM
You can get better deals on plastics here.

http://www.bdawgsplastics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=7127

I have used them and so have a lot of others and he is great to deal with.

ccdhowell
11-27-2007, 08:15 AM
I've run the Sprock cool head for about 9 months now and really love it. As far as I can tell it will lengthen engine life; I know it makes the engine run cooler. As far as the dome, check my web link in my sig, look at pics of topend rebuild. I put the Sprock head on and took pics of the dome before I put it in. Hopefully that will answer your questions. Chris

bp739
11-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Harlan Lynse has the best decals by far...in my opinion anyway.......heres his email address

hjlysne@charter.net

scooterroo
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
the sprock cool head cools the topend down a bit more, in turn lengthening the life expectancy of your motor. the interchangeable domes can be used to change the compression ratios, i believe. i think you can go on tecateconnection.com and theres is a link to the store on there, look for the head, and i believe it explains the different sizes on the page. as for the brake line, measure it up and contact moose53, he makes custom length brake lines and i believe he can even make them in different colors if you wanted something different. im going to be having him lengthen my spare t3 swinger 2inches, he does some awesome work.

as for the x, yeah is say go with bdawgplastics.com, good guys to deal with and prices are reasonable. seatcover....i like verde seat covers, very nice. as for decals, check ebay, i know theres a few different people on there that make replacement decals, and even some that make complete kits. i got my set of graphics for the 86 t3 i bought off you off ebay, and they are sweet and the quality is nice. hope this helps.

brrcuda
11-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I just bought a full set of plastics from hyperparts.com. They were the best deal going - 190 plus shipping. I looked everywhere. I think the front was $41 plus shipping. Shipping was 13 via USPS for both fenders to me in NH - cheap cause they wrap the fenders in cellophane - no box. The maier plastics are good but have a slight wavyness to them and needs holes drilled for the 86-87 plastics. They are real shiny though. Check it out, worth a look on their website to save some money............

The Goat
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
as for your original post, that's who i bought my rear fenders from, then i was pissed when i got an account and could get them at cost. ordered a front fender from my distributor...and it had a defect. the one i bought off ebay from those guys was perfect. and that price on that front fender will be hard to beat. hell i'm looking at my book and that's only 3 bucks more than cost.

BigGreenMachine
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda 85 250R brake line will bolt up and be +2.

Meat-BoX
11-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I appreciate the info. Im looking to spend about $700 total for both. The Tecate needs a bunch of work getting ready for Ice racing and just getting her 100% done. She needs a whole new clutch setup I picked up over the years:beer and the plates and springs. So I will need gaskets. The rear swinger and spacers, some powder coat and that 01 Raptor shock is a pain with the short hose. I may go 300EX rear shock but I think I bored out the wrong part of the frame (the Top Pivot thing on the Tecate rear suspension) and its mounted upside down?:eek: Im not sure, but I think I made a major boo boo there. Did I?
The choke on the carb stopped working so I need to fix that and the Throttle cable seperated. Damn Motion Pro Twist. The rear brake hose from the master cylinder broke and all the fluid leaked out, and I need a longer rear brake line, and I guess a longer chain? The thing rattled apart in places:naughty: I got my eye on a Sprock Cool head also:naughty: My purple and green machine is Back:w00t:
The 200x is bullet proof and in very good shape, just needs the cosmetics:w00t:I need a set of Aussies 200x Scoops for an 86. I had my chance and blew it. Can someone hook me up with some or his info. Hes cool in my book and deserves me buying his products.:beer
Can I spend $700-$800 next week? Im sure gonna try. Screw the bills I allways pay, I just want to ride :TrikesOwn