PDA

View Full Version : project lt250r''

digity x
11-26-2007, 07:42 AM
well got my frame back yesterday looking great now i can start building my second quadracer have some parts but gonna need alot but i have all winter in my garage to work on her so,anybody have spare parts they want to get rid of let me no.want to get it rolling for now but want it running by summer.hope to be airing it out like this on her by summer or fall anyway.

SWIGIN
11-26-2007, 12:03 PM
i have a n.o.s pick up for a 89 lt250 but it should fit 87-92

scooterroo
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
hey nice pic who took that one?

digity x
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
first look at the lt250r i started the plans for what im going to do first,front end and back and put tires on so i can set it down on the floor then go from there.i bought front end parts off of skippy but still have not heard from him?hope everythings ok so now im on hold for a awhile huh.

scooterroo
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
skippy eh?

digity x
12-11-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah skippy alright have not heard from him or his parts its getting to be horsehockey if you ask me.

ccdhowell
12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Holy crap digity, that's some sweet color on your LT250R. I don't think I'll be posting pictures of my ratty looking quad. Mine's not a project, not yet anyways, just trying to shore it up before i start racing. I put new sprockets and a chain on it tonight. BTW, have you ever run the +2 a-arms from Full Flight Racing on ebay? If so what did you think? Chris

cr480r
12-12-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW, have you ever run the +2 a-arms from Full Flight Racing on ebay? If so what did you think? Chris

One of my friends has them on her KFX... They arent the greatest, but they are a good product for the price... they have held up to moderate jumping by myself and her BF... Just be sure to use loctite on the lower hiem joint.. The instructions say to for a reason:)

digity x
12-12-2007, 07:28 AM
i have them on my other quadracer and they are a great aarm for those who dont know about them,i can jump an easy 6ft and not worry at all about breaking them for almost 5 hunge they better be good, and they have a life time warranty on them bend them the slightest and you get new ones.yeah my project quad is on hold because of skippy who probably robbed me of my money.have not heard from him he only lives in pa so i should of recieved my parts all ready.at least he could of emailed me back to let me know whats going on.its been a week already.dont want to be an ass but its coming.so skippy you better contact me soon.

cr480r
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
,i can jump an easy 6ft and not worry at all about breaking them for almost 5 hunge they better be good.

$500??? I have seen them on ebay for $279 before

digity x
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
i wished i had , i spent 486 with shipping but they are worth it.

digity x
01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
well i have been busy on my house so there was no time to work on my quadracer up until xmas,but i have started it and so far its been great.the frame is done painted that got the swingarm bearings in aarms on and shocks,a few things here and there i need alot yet but its getting there i was up to see my good buddy doug bull for some parts and he pulled out 2 brand new nos seats for the lt250r still in the box one was with white letters the other was yellow letters he said take your pik hahahahhaa for a nice cool hunge''it was worth it,looks great cant wait for more parts.

scooterroo
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
the paint looks good on the rear fenders dude, liking the white... thought you were gonna go with silver arms up front?

ccdhowell
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm really digging the white and blue, reference mine below. Wish I had time and $$$ to make a project out of mine right now. I'm prepping mine for it's first race two weeks away.

Keep posted progress pics, I'm liking the way this is going. Chris

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/345/345135/folders/283087/2263480DSC05685.JPG

scooterroo
01-11-2008, 05:32 PM
hey is taht a yamaha moto 4 80 sitting in the background? oh the memories!!!!!!!!

digity x
01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
well got the shock on last night and other suspension parts another piece to the puzzle done waiting for the front spindles to come and tie rods,then go from there so until then piece'':naughty:

SWIGIN
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
just letting you guys know that trx 250r a arms will fit on a q-racer and they do make it wider then stock...maybe like a plus2

i did this in the earlyish 90s to mine, i also used works triple spring trx 250r shocks.

stock r a arms are a cheap way to get width on a q-racer but i think i had to use the lower suzuki ball joints in the honda a arms

ccdhowell
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
just letting you guys know that trx 250r a arms will fit on a q-racer and they do make it wider then stock...maybe like a plus2

Thanks, that's good to know, but I wish I'd have know this a month ago. I just bought some +2 a-arms for my quadracer.

I'm currently running front shocks off of a '06 Raptor 700. They were a little longer than stock QR shocks, so I drilled new holes, lower on the shock mount on the lower a-arm to make up for the length. Road several hours last weekend with'em and they worked well with the +2 a-arms. Got the pair off ebay for $70, can't beat that for a new set of shocks.

Digity, do you know what castor, camber and toe-in you plan to run or have run successfully on your quadracer? My new a-arms are fully adjustable and I had to set them up. I think I put in too much positive castor, 7 degrees, it isn't tuning as sharp as I think it should. Then again, this thing never did really turn like I thought it should. I mean sharp turns going fairly slow.

cr480r
01-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Then again, this thing never did really turn like I thought it should. I mean sharp turns going fairly slow.

Honestly I think thats just one of the handling traits of the LT250... Swapping to 23" front tires helped mine out tremendously in the tight stuff... My LT had the steering stops cut completely off when I bought it.. I obviously don't recommend doing that, But after spending some time riding a couple of different stock LT's I have noticed that there is quite an advantage to having the steering lock increased... especially in the tight trails... It could be a very useful mod if done properly...

digity x
01-18-2008, 07:30 AM
probably stock set up for this one,my other racer has the same aarms you have on yours ccdhowell it is perfect the way it is set up i have smaller maxxis tires up front so it turns on a dime,with the works shocks it handles great.cant really tell ya how its set up cause really i dont know.just adjusted the aarms with the tires off of the ground used the hardware they gave me and adjusted everything so when you turn the handle bars the tires were the same distance,tierods were the same length.

scooterroo
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
looking good dan, did yah get the front end parts yet? i hate waiting for parts! oh yeah...not sure if i told yah, come sunday some one else will be joining the suzuki team. well at least the frame and running gear, lol. gonna be needing that roached out t3 motor back, gonna be needing to get it rebuilt.

digity x
01-22-2008, 07:34 AM
yeah its getting there dont know if im going with the stock stance or spend some more money on a wider look?either or she will be sweet.ohyeah i thought you were buying the quadracer you are talking about scoot?gonna need some parts from ya.or did that fall threw too.

scooterroo
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
went and looked at it, guy was talking smack, so i told him nah. alls he basically had was 2 frames, one the down tube was cut and moved to accomidate a kx500 motor, the other was ok, all three swing arms he had were juiced, all had cracks or welds, then he had a bunch of other stuff. gastank, radiator, 2 rear linkages and dogboones, 3 axles, one of which was bent, a few juiced carriers, and beat up arms with spent shocks, box of sprockets, rotors, pegs, and such. not what i expected from his description over the phone.