PDA

View Full Version : Question about PC pricing

Nick_R_23
11-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Im considering getting some things powdercoated on my latest Big Red, and Im wondering how much it will cost. I know prices differ a lot from place to place, but I thought Id ask here to get a genaral idea of what Ill be looking to shell out.

The parts I want done are: front and rear racks, frame, headlight cage, swingarm, and possibly the driveshaft and axleshaft, all in black, and the front triples done in red. All are from an 85 250es. I will be doing my own blasting.

Does anyone have even an idea of what it would cost to get all this done? One of my friends asked a while back what it would be to have a 200x frame done,, but he cant remember if it was 80$ or 180$.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

DeePa
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
because of the amount of parts youre going to be doing, id say 400 bucks. I dont know how many powder coaters there are in AK, but that may not help your cause either.

Frames usually go for 150ish without blasting. Add in the swinger for another 50, racks 25 a piece, and 50 for all of the other black stuff. Add in another 50 for the different color red trips and there you have it. You doing the blasting saves a lot of money. It did for me.

Mike

RedRider_AK
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Going for the "almost OEM" look, are you, Nick? I think a black axle and differential would look really nice on that Big Red, especially with some shiny new red fenders... Mmmm.

I would personally go with a hot pink axle, highliter yellow differential, zebra striped dayglo orange and electric blue seat, and some neon green fenders, but you know. That's just me... :lol:

Be sure to ask that guy about setting up a private PC setup, will ya? Thanks a bundle.

Nick_R_23
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I figure that since all my other projects are about as done as they need to be, I can start making this one look nice. I dont have any more room on the property (or my sig...) for anything else, so this will probably be the last one for a bit. (yeahhhhhhhh...:rolleyes: RIGHT!!! :D ) Make it look nice and be mechanically sound.

I would personally go with a hot pink axle, highliter yellow differential, zebra striped dayglo orange and electric blue seat, and some neon green fenders, but you know. That's just me...

Im a Willowbilly...not a hippie!!! :crazy: :lol:

Yeah Ill be sure to ask him, Im gonna call him up about a quote later today if I remember!

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Rustytinhorn
11-27-2007, 03:02 AM
To get one color pc job done here (including blasting) was $50 for my swingarm and another $25 for misc items, such as the shock linkage, kickstart, shifter, brake pedal, and lowering link and both ends. That was for a "Super Chrome" pc.

Kintore
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Going to cost me 250 for frame, swinger, rims, and 2 full boxs of misc parts.

This includes snadblasting, dipped, labour, Any colour (no matter how pricey) I choose and thats about it. You pay for quality ive found, at least around here!