PDA

View Full Version : problem!

storm_impulse
11-22-2007, 11:33 AM
ok i have tried out the 200x tripples on a 85 R and the only real problem im having is i cant use 200x bearings cause the neck is to big and the tappered R bearings have to much play, i guess where the X tripples are skinnier in the neck. im thinking about trying the R tripples and the X forks. i just need to know if the R tripples spread the forks to far apart to put axle and tire on. i hope not, id rather the 200x forks cause i have no spare cash and if this works it will be great. is there anyone else that has done this? what works and what dont?

Huffa
11-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Well you also need to know if fork tube diameter is the same.

I tried (not knowing they were wrong at 1st) 83-85 triples on my 84 R and had the same problem like you said but also they were about 3/8" shorter or so.

I won them on ebay and the guy listed them for mine, which of course they were not.

storm_impulse
11-22-2007, 12:30 PM
so far everything is ok but the 3/8 off on the 200x tube/forks. i did manage to find something that works. i had a few turbo parts from my car that had billet cuplers that fit perfect around the 200x tubes and filled in the 3/8 gap. everything is tight but im not sure how it will hold up under a load haulin ass. so far everything is coming together with what parts i have. mostly trying to fabricate some of the 200x stuff i have to fit. so far i used the forks, front wheel, handle bars. im thinking about fabricating my extended 200x swinger to work. as far as i could tell ill need some spacers to make it work. the shock is a diffrent story. thats just a idea. im trying to get by the cheapest way i can, besides the motor and all that. basically im trying to make a roller outta some X parts. so far so good.

Dirtcrasher
11-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be messing around with spacers in my triple clamps. Somebody could get hurt real bad if that setup were to fail.....

Generation-X
11-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Yep, What he said!!^^^^^^^