PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a rare trike part...

thefox
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
So who is going to click the BIN? I'm sure if Vintage Motorsports says is rare it is, I just wonder why they are selling it, I would have thought it would go on the Honda showroom trike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Honda-US90-air-pump-tire-ATC-90-new-hondaline_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ002 QQitemZ120186551517QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

US 90 Tire pump...
http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/c5/e5/4742_12.JPG

I'm sure this NOS :eek: tank is a nice prize for someone as well!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Honda-US90-fuel-tank-aquarious-blue-ATC-90-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ002QQitem Z120183860983QQtcZphoto

http://i24.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/c4/54/4996_12.JPG

ATCT
11-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Holy moly. That stuff is impressive!

200x newby
11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
interesting but when im restoring something im trying to make a buck in the end...

dizasterzrfun69
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM
interesting but when im restoring something im trying to make a buck in the end...

hows that working out for ya? :lol:

vintagemotorsports
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
The US90 I did for Honda has a pump on it not new though I found this one after that bike was delivered it was real nice though. you ask why i want to sell them I really dont so i priced accordingly if someone wants to shell out they can have them . I will be listing more stuff later on lots of cool nos stuff in the Vintage stash Mike

200x newby
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
hows that working out for ya? :lol:

well considering that i restored a 1978 honda cr250r elsinore to near perfection last year for $500 including the purchase price. i made dam near made $5000 it sold for $5,355 and is now in a showroom at a honda dealer in cali. i would say its working out good... so laugh at that

vintagemotorsports
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Dont mean to step in here but there is no way you can restore a cr250 to PERFECTION for $ 500 including buying the bike simply impossible , this is what i do for a living and know what parts cost If i were to quess for me to do a true showroom new resto i would have min 2-3 K just in NOS parts alone not to mention plating costs , machine work etc , and 125 hours labor . I dont doubt you cleaned that CR up for $500 but not restored Mike

Teeksoffroad
11-20-2007, 08:24 PM
well considering that i restored a 1978 honda cr250r elsinore to near perfection last year for $500 including the purchase price. i made dam near made $5000 it sold for $5,355 and is now in a showroom at a honda dealer in cali. i would say its working out good... so laugh at that

Hey Mike... This one's got a green light !!

vintagemotorsports
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Tim,
too funnt !! yea i think your right we need to ask your buddy Alen V he is the keeper of the green light . Mike

ATCwithdrawals
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
So who is going to click the BIN? I'm sure if Vintage Motorsports says is rare it is, I just wonder why they are selling it, I would have thought it would go on the Honda showroom trike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Honda-US90-air-pump-tire-ATC-90-new-hondaline_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ002 QQitemZ120186551517QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

US 90 Tire pump...
http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/c5/e5/4742_12.JPG

I'm sure this NOS :eek: tank is a nice prize for someone as well!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Honda-US90-fuel-tank-aquarious-blue-ATC-90-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ002QQitem Z120183860983QQtcZphoto

http://i24.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/c4/54/4996_12.JPG

Them pumps are as rare as chicken teeth. all my US90 are missing there's. would like to find some nice "used ones"

brapp
11-20-2007, 11:22 PM
i would like to thank vintage motorsports for makign me feel really excited i have always wondered what the 2 tabs on the frame were for and you answered my question with class. here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120186551517&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/c5/e5/4742_3.JPG

200x newby
11-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Dont mean to step in here but there is no way you can restore a cr250 to PERFECTION for $ 500 including buying the bike simply impossible , this is what i do for a living and know what parts cost If i were to quess for me to do a true showroom new resto i would have min 2-3 K just in NOS parts alone not to mention plating costs , machine work etc , and 125 hours labor . I dont doubt you cleaned that CR up for $500 but not restored Mike

baguht bike with new top end and all new bearings from neighbor for $75 GODS HONEST TRUTH. I blasted every part and painted it myself. I RESTORED all parts that could be saved(almost everything) didnt buy NOS. I beleive that i can make a restored part look just as good if not better than an NOS part. the only thing i bought new were plastics, seat cover, grips, and clutch, tires and break lever rubber covers. LOOK AT THE PICS see for your self GODS HONEST TRUTH I ONLY HAD $500 total in it. I look for good deals i dont buy the first thing i see thats why it took me almost 9 months to complete i look for deals not steals

BigReds Forever
11-21-2007, 02:18 AM
i see some NON original fuel line and clamps on that 250! Just Kidding ya, looks real good man. props to you!

ceaserthethird
11-21-2007, 04:12 AM
All Right 200x keep it cool , Mikes a respectable guy ... he know's his stuff .

No buddys calling you a liar 200X , Sure is a nice restore though ... Good
Job !

Orangecnty250r
11-21-2007, 08:02 AM
baguht bike with new top end and all new bearings from neighbor for $75 GODS HONEST TRUTH. I blasted every part and painted it myself. I RESTORED all parts that could be saved(almost everything) didnt buy NOS. I beleive that i can make a restored part look just as good if not better than an NOS part. the only thing i bought new were plastics, seat cover, grips, and clutch, tires and break lever rubber covers. LOOK AT THE PICS see for your self GODS HONEST TRUTH I ONLY HAD $500 total in it. I look for good deals i dont buy the first thing i see thats why it took me almost 9 months to complete i look for deals not steals

I think the bike looks great.nice work...but being able to pull it off by finding a collectible machine in that condition for that cheap is NOT the norm....kind of like a lotto win on that one. The fact that you had $500 into is awesome....but you also had 9 months into it with your labor....time is money and that adds up quickly...so lets say autobody techs and mechanics get $30-$45 hr for their work how much labor did you have into it....then what is the net profit?

200x newby
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I think the bike looks great.nice work...but being able to pull it off by finding a collectible machine in that condition for that cheap is NOT the norm....kind of like a lotto win on that one. The fact that you had $500 into is awesome....but you also had 9 months into it with your labor....time is money and that adds up quickly...so lets say autobody techs and mechanics get $30-$45 hr for their work how much labor did you have into it....then what is the net profit?

thanks guys i know i may have lost it a little but i just dont take kindly to being called a liar... the bike was a total mess when i got it. everything needed redone but it wasnt bad enough to throw out just needed re-painted or refreshed excluding bearings and top end. another reason i didnt calculate time OC is because it is more of a hobby of mine to do that stuff and i enjoy doing it so when i had nothing to do or in my free time i went out and got some more done on it. i also didnt say i restored it to perfection. I said NEAR perfection. there are somethings i could have changed to have it perfect like fuel line and those clamps but i tried and couldnt find any that was good.

sorry for taking over this thread fox...

Jim mac
11-21-2007, 12:19 PM
"Your time is money" may be a true statement if you own a business and your doing it on the clock. But, if your sitting in front of a TV or playing a round of golf, is your time still worth $40 a hour? If its a hobby and your doing it just for something to do, I really dont think there is a dollar a hour you can put on something. I'll pick up a old trike, and spend hours tinkering with it. Collecting parts and getting it running. In the end I'll sell it. If I get at least what I have into it, I'm okay with it. At least its another running trike put back into circulation. Im into cars too, some cars I hear its not worth the time. My el camino for instance. It needs a passenger floor, interior, paint and body. I paid $1300 for it, guy pulled the big block. I got a rolling body with a muncie 4 speed, big bell housing, 12 bolt posi, SS hood, console,disc brakes, etc. I was told to pull the 4 speed and part it out. make some bucks off the posi. and hood. Instead, I swapped out the 4 speed for a automatic, installed a 350 motor, put on a set of centerline rims, headers, found original bucket seats. We're into it for a total of $2200 bucks. its a running truck. Ive got the 4 speed for my chevelle too. Goal for next year, we're turning it into a bracket/semi restored truck. I dont sit in front of the tv much, I spend my hobby time working on toys. Jim

vintagemotorsports
11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
WOW, where is this post going ?? nobody is calling anyone a liar here . I am just stating what an actual cost is to do a showroom new resto , when i hear the word perfection thats only one way perfect , if you sold this bike for over 5k I would expect a full off resto , correct replated bolts and hardware , re anodized alum wheels, new spoikes , all new bearings, brakes, all new cables, fork seals , engine split cases refinished seperatly and rebuilt to achieve factory look with correct engine case finish satin look , lots and lots of other details that add up to way more than 500 , what type of paint did you refinish the frame with dupont chromabase in that color is amost $100 quart not including reducers, etch primer for bare steel , surface primer and sealer before your base coat and the cost of clear and activator so you need to compare apples to apples. not bashing you or your work just stating what i do every day there is so many different levels of so called restorations

200x newby
11-21-2007, 01:13 PM
no base coat claer coat for me... i used enamle and it dries nice and hard... yes i forgot to mention i put on new cables and breaks everything functioned and looked as it should when it came from the honda dealer

Dirtcrasher
11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I think it came out great for an old machine. Truly though, 5000$ requires perfect attention to detail which includes the correct fuel line and clamps, factory wiring harness routing and retainers in place etc etc and so on and so on...

It's certainly similar to how it would look from the factory or from Mikey but it does look nice!!

Did you use a rattle can spray paint? The tank came out really good....

200x newby
11-21-2007, 09:44 PM
i ahve the old link if it still works from the auction it brought $5,355. i used a spray gun no rattle cans