PDA

View Full Version : 200M rear rack

dirtface
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
About five years ago I had a 1985 200M with a rear rack, So I just assumed that all 200M's came from the factory with a rear rack. Lately on Ebay, Craigslist and others, I have been seeing alot more without than with the rear rack. My question is, was the rear rack optional when buying a new 200M? Was there plugs or something in the holes in the fenders?

longbedGTs
11-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Im not sure myself. Ive seen alot without a rear rack, and alot with a rear rack. Now I know the front rack was optional since there are no bungs welded on the front forks like the Big Reds have. The 200m front racks affix like the 125/110 racks by clamps.
The M with the rack was an eBay-ee. It had around 10 hours on it and the seller said it was all original ordered by his grandma or somethingother.
The other pic was a low hour machine too, but I dont remember how many hours it had.

Threes company
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM
:wondering Interesting question.......... checked out the ATC brochure site and none of the ads show a 200m with a rear rack. Then again, I own an 84 big red and always figured a 200m was just a Red without the racks or headlight guard. Man, was I wrong. The 200m didn't have shaft drive...... so no reverse, 5 speed, smaller diameter forks...... wow. Wasn't a Big Red only a couple hundred bucks more than an M?? Maybe some of the dealers put the optional racks on the back of the 200Ms to pretty em up a bit and look kind of functional sitting next to a big red? Help move em off the showroom floor?

ATCT
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
The 200M didn't come with a rear rack. That was optional hondaline equipment.

Here, check out the brochure. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/Brochures/ATCsite/85atc200ms.html