PDA

View Full Version : 350x Issues

bobr
05-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi guys, Can any one recommend an aftermarket aluminum handlebar for a 85 350x? All the ones I see don't have enough clamp area and the clamps come up into the curved part of the bar. I need about 6.5 inches of flat clamp area. Also does anyone make an original looking seat cover?

BLAZERONE22
05-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Ceet makes a cover thats close its says ATC on the side and ceet on the tail. Renthal makes a bar the one I got is AXO: 9661sb its the macGrrath Lusk bar, I like it.

bobr
05-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.Do your clamps sit on the flat part of the bar? How about the Renthals? I would like to keep the bars stock-looking.[no brace], but in aluminum.

bobr
05-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Any body have any recommendations for aftermarket aluminum bars? I can't find one with enough clamp area. They all are too narrow in this area and the clamps are into the curved part of the bar!

MR ATC
05-23-2003, 10:57 PM
i always use a Renthal or answer "CR low" bend handle bar. i personally love this bend and use it on my bikes and trikes. it solves the problem your talking about with the handlebar mounts that are wider then most. ( many ATV bend bars have that problem on 250R/350X). however, it is an agressive bend of bar and not comfortable crusin around or causual play. if you sit most of the time you won't like the bend. if you ride in the attack position most of the time you'll like this bend. if you don't mind spending the money you can buy answer "pro-taper" handlebars the have a bar without the brace. they cost about 75.00 and you will need adaptors 45.00.

another option is K&N has some "old school" handle bars that might fit your needs. they are cheap steel bars but are similar to stock Honda bars. i think you can find them in dennis kirk.

NOS_350X
05-24-2003, 02:02 AM
ya crlow is whats on my 350 and i like them, they have a nice feel to them