PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Wanted...

chris200x
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm looking at color options for powdercoat. What do you guys think of a trike done up with this copper color?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/MaxxisBike1.jpg

I was thinking frame,, triples,, swinger,, hubs,,, fork bottoms,, maybe a few other tidbits in this color.. along with the rest of the trike black. Fenders, tank,, seat,,, etc.

Here's another example that's pretty close: I believe it's called "hot copper"
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/jetHotcopper.jpg

If your not intrested in this please,, dont be shy.. and give me some other ideas. I wanna try to go a little diffrent direction than whats been done in the past.

Thanks!

SYKO
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
um...no... my bud dereck thought painting his flat track Z frame a copper color would lookk cool, well after looking at it finished for 1 second we both said that Shyt wont look good with anything!! YUK! you can try, but im not a big fan of it, and if this is going on the 350x dont even think about GREEN!! that me!! or else you will get a pink tank!!

chris200x
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
um...no... my bud dereck thought painting his flat track Z frame a copper color would lookk cool, well after looking at it finished for 1 second we both said that Shyt wont look good with anything!! YUK! you can try, but im not a big fan of it, and if this is going on the 350x dont even think about GREEN!! that me!! or else you will get a pink tank!!

LMAO!!! :lol: Nothings set in stone yet other than the black. So you think the copper is a bit too much? Really tho... the sky is the limit when trying to match with the black.. I just can't decide..

Green would look good! :naughty:

SYKO
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
and pink would look better on your tank!! buahahhahaa!!

Kintore
11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I think in order to make it work, you will need alot of black and alot of little copper accents. The pipe is coppered, frame slots, motor plugs, rims

just alota little things add up!

oldskool83
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
i wouldnt do it...

chris remeber where you ride everything turns blackish gray...so go with blackish gray if you want things powered coated

chris200x
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Gun metal grey or something in a silver tone was something else I was kicking around. ;)

Wish I had some photoshop skills. :(

BigReds Forever
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
I personally like that color, but havent seen it on a trike before. I contemplated it for my x but i cant get black plastic, so that was out. I think it could work with some accents in other places as suggested (motor pieces, handle bars, ect) heck, maybe a custom Mosh seat cover with copper side panels? Finding matching graphics may be a pain unless you have them custom made.

ceaserthethird
11-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Go KTM Orange , Would Look Sweet !

DeePa
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
skyo, did you get his tank?

mike

johnny's X
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Personaly I think that color and black would look killer. I have some pics on here of my all black 350x just photo shop that and it will give you the look.

Huffa
11-20-2007, 01:21 PM

So what your flat out saying is that bike looks yuk to you.

I think it's phenominal and have no question in my mind it would look fantastic.

I agree with the swinger, trips, etc,etc.........all what Chris had mentioned.

Matter of fact, the 350 would look even better then the bike because of the black engine.

Huffa
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I think in order to make it work, you will need alot of black and alot of little copper accents. The pipe is coppered, frame slots, motor plugs, rims

just alota little things add up!

That's correct, little things do add up. A mini black pipe guard off another machine would look great too, you would have the black motor, copper then black again, either that or a small carbon fiber guard, that would show up nice. I say mini guard becuase I think the stocker would cover most of it up and that you certainly don't want to do.

Just pick a small guard then get two nuts welded on and your set to attach it.

wizzard
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree with Kintore. Don't go crazy with it.

GoodKarma
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Chris, look into some of the dual colors available with powdercoat. There's a BUNCH of choices if you first do the chrome powdercoat, and then a translucent over it. They really pop out, because the silver is under the colored clearcoat.

I did a bunch of searching on the 400exriders.com website. They have a moderator there that does powdercoating, and he has a thread of nothing but different color schemes and choices. He does some tricky stuff! I did a lot of searching on the internet for good photos of different colors, and his thread is by far the best I was able to find.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=266381

Drink some beer and spend a few hours looking through his photos of stuff!:beer

brapp
11-20-2007, 05:50 PM
they a trans blue over silvervein i think it looks absolutly sick!!!!!!! and i have seen it on an allblack 450r and it looks sweet. and then of you clear coat it geez its just absolutly nuts btu the thign is ou have to do it allat nce or the veain may nto lay the same way .

Tri-ZNate
11-20-2007, 06:04 PM
OK Chris hear me out here.... Yellow and Black :lol:. Na I'm kidding. Black and blue would look awesome. As long as its a dark blue and black

BLACK RIMS :naughty:
Black fenders
Blue tank
Blue Shrouds
Black headlight shell
Blue frame

brapp
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
or the blue of my 350x thats sharp when its clean

Huffa
11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I personally like that color, but havent seen it on a trike before. I contemplated it for my x but i cant get black plastic, so that was out. I think it could work with some accents in other places as suggested (motor pieces, handle bars, ect) heck, maybe a custom Mosh seat cover with copper side panels? Finding matching graphics may be a pain unless you have them custom made.

or some sort of logo.

Blue you guys ? Naaah, that's been done lots before but the copper never has been done to my knowledge.

Here is a close up Chris, it's seems right in between a copper and orange now that you see it a bit closer, cool color !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/Maxxisbikecloseup.jpg

Tri-ZNate
11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Blue you guys ? Naaah, that's been done lots before but the copper never has been done to my knowledge.

Neither has Neon Green and white, but that doesnt make it ok to do :lol:. Anyone remeber the "Ghetto" 350x? Neon green and black.

White and yellow has never been done to my knowledge

james9r9r
11-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Looks excellent!

Huffa
11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Neither has Neon Green and white, but that doesnt make it ok to do :lol:. Anyone remeber the "Ghetto" 350x? Neon green and black.

White and yellow has never been done to my knowledge

Yea true but you see the evidense on this bike that it can be made to look nice or maybe it doesn't thrill you like it does me ?

I've seen (Chris showed it to me) a 350X all white with yellow motor and accents, that is really striking too, I'm sure Chris will post it if he has the pic saved.

I'd get a Honda wing logo made up in that copper color for the tank too!

Tri-ZNate
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
If the copper comes out good I think it would look sick, but I think the color will end up looking better in pics than in person

Huffa
11-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I wanna try to go a little diffrent direction than whats been done in the past.

Thanks!

A little different, that's extreme, but extreme is good man, GO FOR IT !! :beer

Reminds me of Halloween!

Take your trike in the Sugar Loaf parade next year! :lol:

chris200x
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the link GdKarma! :beer

When I built my Z I had a general scheme in mind.. but just kinda went with the flow once I stared piecing it together. I based that around an all black theme (like this one) and just added or changed as I went along. I pj-1'd most of the smaller parts so if something just didn't look right it was really no biggie to change.

Being that most of this will be Pc'd I gotta be happy with my choice the first time. So this makes it even harder to make up my mind. :rolleyes:

I just aint quite sure yet about this scheme Mr. Huffa I like it.. but just can't picture it and how it will go together. :confused:

YTMboy's mini me... :eek: Now that right there is hilarious!!!

Tri-ZNate
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM

They were separated at Birth :lol:

Huffa
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the link GdKarma! :beer

When I built my Z I had a general scheme in mind.. but just kinda went with the flow once I stared piecing it together. I based that around an all black theme (like this one) and just added or changed as I went along. I pj-1'd most of the smaller parts so if something just didn't look right it was really no biggie to change.

Being that most of this will be Pc'd I gotta be happy with my choice the first time. So this makes it even harder to make up my mind. :rolleyes:

I just aint quite sure yet about this scheme Mr. Huffa I like it.. but just can't picture it and how it will go together. :confused:

That's cool if your a bit reluctent to do it, I understand, if I ever do a black trike, I'll try it then! :beer Maybe one of the 225's ? :D

Post that white and yellow 350X, that's a real looker, is that from .org, I was trying to find it.

chris200x
11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=27466

I love to see that trike after a few months of riding in the coal hills. :D

Huffa
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for posting that Chris. I'm sure that guy was unsure how it would turn out too. If you just visulize the frame, the color look ugly but once it's together it relly looks premo.

For sure though, no coal for that trike .

I like his additude ......... " Who said everybodies trikes have to be the same color. Throw the box away and color outside of the lines. Dare to be different. "

Dammit!
11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
I like that black and copper bike. I was thinking about doing an R sort of like that a while back.

RedRider_AK
11-21-2007, 03:54 AM
I think that color would look awesome! Or maybe a really rich gold color instead of the orange, I think that would look pretty sick too.

I'd try it out! It'll be a cool color combo for sure.

Huffa
11-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Ya got a few more positive comments Chris, change you mind again?, going to do it :lol:

Huffa
11-21-2007, 06:25 AM
I think that color would look awesome! Or maybe a really rich gold color instead of the orange, I think that would look pretty sick too.

I'd try it out! It'll be a cool color combo for sure.

1st, thanks for the positive comment, may inspire Chris to do it, but if he would, I'd sure hate for him to not like it after all my blabbing of how nice it would look but geeez, the colors are right there on bike looking good, so I can't imagine it not looking even better on trike, since there is far more black to deal with as opposed to the copper.

Well that header pipe, if he chose http://www.jet-hot.com/ to do it, it only comes in that color tone of copper so what I'd do is either have the pipe painted 1st and go by that or at least have the company send me a swatch on a piece of metal so the powder coat guy could match it up.

It's great that it just so happens that pipe comes pretty darn close to the color of the bike.

The other +'s of having jet hot do it is that it's not done just strickly for looks, your header doesn't get near as hot which in turn doesn't radiate heat to the head/cylinder area near as much and it also helps the fuel charge flow better inside the pipe because it is done outside AND inside.

On a 80 - 90 degree day, you can bet you engine loves ya for it ! :beer

Here is a one I had done in their extreme sterling color which is 14 times more durable then chrome! It sort of has a nickel plated look to it, I guess you could say.

If Chris chose the gun metal for frame then this would compliment it very nice but don't choose it Chris, :twisted: go with the copper man :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC04658.jpg

Bryan Raffa
11-21-2007, 08:32 AM
LEAVE IT STOCK and ride the Dam Thing! 19 hours and 3 pages:eek: :lol:

I bet you complicate brushing your teeth..Is it ever gonna run after you take it apart? LMAO:D

Oh and I do like that copper color
the copper I like is the chevy color copper you see on the new cars and trucks..My first Rally Sport was two tone copper and brown

Orangecnty250r
11-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I think the copper color looks nice in the pics

chris200x
11-21-2007, 09:03 AM
LEAVE IT STOCK and ride the Dam Thing! 19 hours and 3 pages:eek: :lol:

I bet you complicate brushing your teeth..Is it ever gonna run after you take it apart? LMAO:D

Oh and I do like that copper color
the copper I like is the chevy color copper you see on the new cars and trucks..My first Rally Sport was two tone copper and brown

I'm quite confident this one will run Mr. Raffa and not fall apart.. it's a HONDA. :eek: :rolleyes:

Huffa
11-21-2007, 04:40 PM
From what I see :shiftyeyes: the positive copper comments are now TOTALLY :twisted: slaugtering the few negative comments which means .....???, you'll still wooz out and go with gun metal or be brave and GO FOR THE GOLD, well the copper that is :D

oldsking86
11-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Copper would look nice dude... If you wanna do it then go for it!

I was thinking oa nice custom orange or copper like that with white fenders and some chrome :) We'll see if I ever get around to it. I like being different.. THe blues, reds, whites have all been done.. even green and yellow so I say go for it... just no white fenders ;)

Huffa
11-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Copper would look nice dude... If you wanna do it then go for it!

I was thinking oa nice custom orange or copper like that with white fenders and some chrome :) We'll see if I ever get around to it. I like being different.. THe blues, reds, whites have all been done.. even green and yellow so I say go for it... just no white fenders ;)

ME too on the different from norm and yes, they have all been done over and over before, but never have I seen a copper quad or trike though, although there could be some copper framed quads around since I really don't look for them?

edog is pretty good at photo chopping but I don't know if they have a copper to do so ?

Imagine if you could get the wheels copper anodized with black hubs (or visa/versa), ooooo, ahhhh !!!!!!

brrcuda
11-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I like a classic silver or textured metal color so you can change the sets of plastics from red/white/black and still look sweet.... And if your going to ride it - then dont get too crazy.

I think the copper looks good on that bike cause it is more accented then main color. The frame is aluminum still.

Huffa
11-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I like a classic silver or textured metal color so you can change the sets of plastics from red/white/black and still look sweet.... And if your going to ride it - then dont get too crazy.

I think the copper looks good on that bike cause it is more accented then main color. The frame is aluminum still.

I say.............

:twisted: GET CRAZY MAN!!! :twisted: :D

Tri-ZNate
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Chris ever think about Blueing (Used on gun barrels) the fork tubes :confused:. Josh had that idea the other day but I dunno if you could do it to aluminum. THAT would look neat as hell

oldsking86
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Yea I see orange on frames, banshees usually though. I think an R with it would look nice.. My ideal color choice is the frame orange/copper.. white plastic.. Black wheels, chrome and polish, and the hubs I'd be stuck on the same color as the frame or chrome.. I guess when the time comes I'll know what I want.

chris200x
11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
After raking my brain for the past few days I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to go all out on this. (unless someone can convince me otherwise!)

Its gonna be a daily rider so I dont want to sink tons of cash into something I'm just gonna beat the snot out of. :naughty:

But.. I'm really liking Pauls advise (and dammits!) about the silver. Thats a pretty universal color to match up with the red, black or white fenders I can choose from.

I like what our scottish freind did to his frame here: This would compliment the black perfectly I think!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/HONDAHRC450RR003.jpg

I ain't gonna do anything until after the Greenwood lake and Pennsyltucky ride mid winter tho... CAUSE I WANT TO BE THERE ON MY OWN RIDE FOR ONCE! :rolleyes: and well you guys know how it can be rushing and tearing down an old wheeeler like this. Never know what hiddin treasures you'll find.

Blabbering on....

The only thing really making this hard on me is I wanna keep the headlight shell red. I see alot of guys painting them black... but it scratches off easily and looks like crap in no time at all. So this is what it'll be for the time being.

Red frame, headlight and front shocks,, (I actually ordered two sets of boots, red and black) this way I can switch if one dont fit right.

I also have my choice of tank shrouds.. red or black..

Black tank (syko) seat and new black maier fenders.

Then perhaps I'll get a set of all red 350X decals from Hinndee studios to offset all the black towards the rear of the trike. would do you guys think? Would you be able to see red decals on a black fender good?

Huffa, I really do like your idea of the copper... but I just can't visualize it with the black. Too much copper (like the frame) I think would look weird. I think I maybe able to use it by just doing a few parts here and there... but then what color to do the frame?!

Dammit!
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I think you're right on using a neutral color on the frame. It's the most difficult and expensive piece to paint or powdercoat so use something that will compliment any color scheme. When I get around to doing mine I'm using silvervein.

As for the red headlight, That's kinda tricky. Most of the time when I see a trike with black plastics and a red headlight it just looks wrong. Maybe with a black headlight guard, red shrouds, red boots and a red seat?

chris200x
11-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah,, I'm looking for a headlight guard now Doug. (adds here and .org) cause I was thinking the same thing. A black guard wouuld break it up nicly I think.

It would make life so much easier if there was a black headlight shell available. I know maier makes the 250R shell in black... but I think that would look silly on a 350X.

I'm probably just thinking about this stuff too much. Gonna drive myself nuts before the trike even gets here next saturday!

SYKO
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
just wait till you see the color of my frame!!! pics monday!!!!

jason 32
11-23-2007, 08:38 PM
man that bike looks great!!!
maybe your rims that color ,bars, and pipe will look sweet huh??
polished hubs, with copper rims, nice black tires
polished tripple tree with the colored bars

Huffa
11-23-2007, 08:49 PM

Chris is all confused now :lol:

I think he is back to a red frame which was what he picked in the 1st place! :D

He really won't know till the PC guy starts spraying !

SYKO
11-23-2007, 08:58 PM
and since you'll have your frame all out, go ahead and have some reinforcements welded in as well, I just did that on mine tonight.

chris200x
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
and since you'll have your frame all out, go ahead and have some reinforcements welded in as well, I just did that on mine tonight.

Already got that end covered with a spare 86 frame.. but if ya get a chance can I see some pics of what you mean?

LOL @ Huffa... :naughty:

[Originally Posted by jason 32

That sounds pretty good actually! escpecialy with alot of polished pieces .but I dont think I want to put all that effort into polishing if I'm gonna be riding it in the mud. That stuff is for those duners out west. :D