PDA

View Full Version : Would these work on a 350X?

chris200x
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I just love the look of these type of boots over the other ones you see all over ebay. So my question is would these work on the front forks of an 85 350X. I dont know what the diameter is on the forks. but the measurements are mentioned in the auction for these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-BLACK-Honda-Maico-Suzuki-Fork-Boots-NEW-AHRMA_W0QQitemZ170169387085QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m170169387085

If these wont work... where can I find similiar ones (the boots with the ridges closer together) that will work. Here's a link to the ones I want to avoid. notice how the ridges are further apart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Dirt-Bike-Fork-Boots-Shock-Boot-Honda-Suzuki_W0QQitemZ200173999994QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em200173999994

Dammit!
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
The first ones will be way too big.

You can check out Daystar boots. I think they're a little bit better looking than the ebay boots and should fit really well on a 350x. You'd want the 38mm boots from Daystar.

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2007, 11:34 PM
350X forks are 4mm smaller than 250R forks which I believe are 39mm.

I don't like the boots with the ridges spread either - those are like the "daystar" boots. I like the ones I get off EBAY and they fit from the 200X to the 250R and the ridges aren't as close as OEM but not as far as Daystar either......

chris200x
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Now I'm even more confused then before I started this thread...

Nothing is more frustrating then buying something... then waiting for delivery,,, only to find it dont fit.

What I want is ones the same as this only in black.. I'm trying to get all the new parts for the makeover before the new trike gets here in 2 weeks..

brrcuda
11-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Its too bad, cause i know deepa put those new blue oem boots on there recently. They are just dirty in that picture.

i think your best best is the ebay specials - i liked them on my tri-z. The black ones dont stand out as much as a colored sets do. The only thing is they have a texture that likes to collect dirt.

Go black and blue theme - so you can use those oem boots :lol: hmmm..... spare frame

DeePa
11-18-2007, 12:01 AM
man i should have washed that sucker before i took pics....if i had only known you were posting it everywhere hahaha...

fenders are in, getting seat monday, parts are in...everythings falling in place...

Mike

chris200x
11-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Its too bad, cause i know deepa put those new blue oem boots on there recently. They are just dirty in that picture.

i think your best best is the ebay specials - i liked them on my tri-z. The black ones dont stand out as much as a colored sets do. The only thing is they have a texture that likes to collect dirt.

Go black and blue theme - so you can use those oem boots :lol: hmmm..... spare frame

SHHHHH!!!! I changed my mind a hundred times already! :lol: I didn't realize they were OEMs... but it looks so freakin badass mostly black! :D It's only a lil dirt Mike! keep it up and I'l make it my avatar! ;) Don't worry fellers.. I'll take care of em! :beer

Pic stolen from X053 on .org. :naughty:

NOS_350X
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
I got my boots from my local 4x4 truck shop. They where like $4. They where actualy made by procomp but i know other companys make them for the trucks.

the great gazoo
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, those look pretty slick in black, Chris. I'm wondering if the Suzuki DRZ400 boots would work on the 350- I was always eyeballing the ones on Dwight's DRZ. Black would mos' def look cool!:lock:

chris200x
11-18-2007, 01:47 PM
ehhhh,,, black,,, blue,,, red!!! I cant make up my mind! :lock: I really like the oem style.. but can't seem to find them in black. guess I'll go with the other ones all over ebay.

I know what you mean about the texture Paul. even dust sticks to them and ya gotta really wipe them down to keep them looking good.

I think the ones I got on the Z (bought from atctim) are textured like than and are 11 inches long

Hey gazoo ya think Dwight would mind if a tore his front end apart to see if they work on your 350X forks? :lol: :banned:

Do me a favor and when ya get a chance post up pics of your X with that white frame... I just hate making decisions...

Huffa
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC04986.jpg

These (off 84R) may work, the top inside diameter is 1 & 5/16, bottom inside 2", relaxed length 10" but will expand to 11" with still looking normal.

In perfect condition.

If someone would have their 350X boots off, then you would or rather could know for sure if they compare the measurements..

Oh, top clamps don't come with it, they go on mine.

Dammit!
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Put some shock covers over them. :D

Tri-ZNate
11-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Chris let the chrome show through and git it Gator style!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fork-Boots-Fork-Wipers-Seal-Saver-Vintage-MX-CZ-Jawa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35604QQihZ003QQite mZ130161693182QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

chris200x
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Not sure I'm a big fan of those yet Nate.. maybe the one piece jobs but I dont like the idea of velcro.

Dammit! Brrcuda... that blue dont look half bad! :drool:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=71698

Huffa
11-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I had seal savers on my motox bike WP but found in mud they actually trap it inside and do more harm then good.

You would think it can not get in between the tube and saver but it does.

Huffa
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Not sure I'm a big fan of those yet Nate.. maybe the one piece jobs but I dont like the idea of velcro.

Dammit! Brrcuda... that blue dont look half bad! :drool:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=71698

Real seal savers are not velcro and you must take the forks off, that's actually a better seal that way but I prefer the look of boots over them anyway.

Tri-ZNate
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM

To each his own, I hate the look of fork boots :lol:. I dont like velcro either but I couldnt remember WTF they called and that was the only action comming up