PDA

View Full Version : 350X Kick starter problems

mr.T103
11-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Im having trouble installing the kickstarter assembly into the bottom end. i get it in like its supposed to be and cover back on and when i kick it over it grinds and wont come back up. anybody have any suggestions?

whyhike82
11-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Sound like the problem i had. The manual doesnt describe the process too well. First you have to take the clutch and all that crap off. Lean the bottom of the shaft in the hole and hook the spring into the boss. Put the kick starter on the shaft and wind the spring until you can put the finger on the ratchet in its slot. Put that small idler gear back on the keep it from unwinding. The dot on the shaft(not the one on the end) should be at 90 degrees. Was a little while ago but i believe that is how it was done.

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2007, 11:25 PM
They are a pain in da nutz but once you figure it out it's all good. Yes, make sure that all the punch marks line up and the one for the decompression lever is correct too. Like the last poster described, you have to "tip" th shaft in and just barely in. That allows you to keep the shaft on an angle while you rotate it about 90 degrees. Once that raised lever on your gear is pass the bolted on boss in the case, you can slide it all the way in.

Don't feel bad, lots of guys screw em up but make sure you test it before wasting a gasket, oil and your time putting it back together....

jason 32
11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
is it hitting the spring- or the gear in backwards-?
some gears look like they are useable either way but are not-
also is there a shim that you might have left out?