PDA

View Full Version : lifan in a 200s?

hondahaulic
11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
well, my 200s is smoking pretty bad so its probably time for a rebuild. I have heard about using the lifan 200 in 200x's, and when a complete new engine is probably only a couple 100$'s more than a rebuild, it seems like a pretty good idea. I really like the idea of getting electric and kickstart, a manual clutch, 30mm carb, and plus having my entire old engine for parts. Im guessing the Lifan will have quite a bit more power than my old engine too.

Are there any downsides to this? Im ok with modifying a few simple parts to make this work, but one of the main things im worried about is the wiring. Is there a diagram for these anywhere so i could just make my own harness? And will this engine hold up to all of the mud and abuse that the hondas do? Oh, and does anybody know where to buy these engines besides ebay?

hondahaulic
11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
so is there anyone on here that has experience with one of these motors? For performance, will it be close to a 200x? Also, Is it very difficult to wire these? it comes with a regulator, starter relay, ignition coil, rectifier, and a cdi, just no main harness. will the igniton coil and cdi from my 200s hook up and work or will i need to use the supplied parts?

PWK39
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
i swapped one of these motors in a 200x .it runs real good.wiring is easy you might have to buy some connectors to use your 200s harness or you could buy a harness off of ebay for a 200s to hack up.The wires are color coded coming off of the motor i found they pretty much match the honda colors mine came with a wiring diagram.I just figured out what i neded from the honda diagram and hooked it up and it started the first time.I currently have the motor apart to put a 200x kicker on it.I allready smoked the starter relay that came with the motor and i want kickstarter for backup.the 200x side case fits right on but you have to split the cases to change the kickstart shaft and gears.I ride my stuff pretty hard and haven't had any problems with this motor yet .

hondahaulic
11-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear that about the wiring, it doesnt seem like there should be too many other issues. Anybody know where to find the best price on these engines?

PWK39
11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
I got mine on ebay just do a search for 200cc engine.I paid 400 shipped