PDA

View Full Version : Another Pick me a color thread

TwoHundredEx
11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Well next saturday we'll be trying to fit the exhaust on my 200X project, which will mean that the pipe will be getting cut and welded, which gives me a good reason to paint it.
I've sanded most of it down to bare metal, and had originally planned to just spray it flat black with bbq paint. Now I'm kind of curious as to how another color would look. Anyone think something like, a white, or dark blue would look good?

Heres the pipe:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/Legacy44/Picture021-2.jpg

And what it'll be going on:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/Legacy44/Picture073.jpg

super90
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Silver, make sure to use a HIGH HEAT paint!! Any multi purpose paint will just melt off very fast. I suggest duplicolor high heat silver (1200 deg.) Or if you want black get the krylon paint thats used to paint grills and other things that get extremely hot.

Hows the progress coming with that motor in there? Did you get all the mounts on and everything?

TwoHundredEx
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm kind of leaning towards silver now too. I didn't think of it until I went to make the poll. I'll definitely be using high heat paint though.

The motor is secure in there now. Front mounts are made, and the rear mount is bolted up. Saturday we'll be fitting the exhaust, and after that it's just a whole crapload of little things to figure out, like extending the shifter, rear break lever, some kind of air filter, hinge the rear fenders, etc. The list goes on and on. Should be fun when it's done though.

ATC-Eric
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Id say just stick with black........

jason 32
11-13-2007, 11:14 PM
hell all that work- send it off and get it nickel plated-

Generation-X
11-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Id say just stick with black........

Thats what I was gonna say!:D

pickleweasel_00
11-14-2007, 12:48 AM
on that bike it would be hard to beat black, would look really clean. Silver wouldn't be horrible though... I'd say go flat black on the pipe and touch up the engine with satin black. Can you say "PIMP!" ?

Kintore
11-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Pipes are meant to be black or chrome, nothing else!

TwoHundredEx
11-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll stick with my original choice of black. Thinking silver might look kind of "cheap" if ya know what I mean.

on that bike it would be hard to beat black, would look really clean. Silver wouldn't be horrible though... I'd say go flat black on the pipe and touch up the engine with satin black. Can you say "PIMP!" ?

You read my mind. I've been planning on going with satin black for the engine for a while now. Did some parts of the engine on my Jeep with it and I love the look.

SYKO
11-14-2007, 12:55 AM
its a suzuki!! blue motor!!!! yellow and blue trike!!!

cr480r
11-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll stick with my original choice of black. Thinking silver might look kind of "cheap" if ya know what I mean.

good choice... :beer

pickleweasel_00
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
You read my mind. I've been planning on going with satin black for the engine for a while now. Did some parts of the engine on my Jeep with it and I love the look.

I think you'd be surprised at how much difference just cleaning up the engine and painting it will make, the whole bike will look better overall. It's all in the details :beer And it's what suits your taste too. For me, I like clean and simple, not too much excess. Not trying to be too showy but looking purpose built at the same time. On my tri-z I was debating whether or not to get a chrome pipe, but I painted the engine a satin black and the pipe is flat black. Nothing too fancy but it definitely looks more business and a little stealthier than it would have with the chrome pipe. And if you don't like it, paint it again :D

factoryX
11-15-2007, 06:59 AM
:D should paint the motor brite red, so it is like a miny R...:D