PDA

View Full Version : Bearings question for a yamaha YTM

MDH
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I am a newbie to the site, from what I have seen a load of info in here. I have a yamaha 3 wheeler either a 200 or a 225 probably around a 85 or 86 model how can u tell the diffrence? It was given to me by a friend and had been painted camo from top to bottom and needs some work to get it running. It is vented on the back of the front fender and is shaft driven if that helps. Anyway the front wheel needs bearings. Anybody know what size or number might be on the bearings. So I can see if the local parts store can cross match them...... any info would be appreciated... thanks Mike:D

thefox
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
First off, welcome to 3 Wheeler World! :welcome:

Next, lets find out what you have. There are a few possibilities from what you described, it could be a.....

1983-1984 YTM 200E: 4 stroke, shaft drive, front suspension, electric start
1985 YTM 200ERN: 4 stroke, shaft drive, front suspension, electric start, reverse
1983-1985 YTM 225DX: 4 stroke, shaft drive, front suspension, electric start, rear suspension
1985-1986 YTM 225DR: 4 stroke, shaft drive, front suspension, electric start, rear suspension, reverse

As for the bearings, I usually order mine from denniskirk.com or you can get them from a member here (username: dads). Maybe someone else will post up the numbers, I don't have them. I have brought them in to a bearing shop before and they matched them up, same with the seals (yes, it’s a good idea to replace the seals as well). All in all it shouldn't be more the $20 for the bearings and seals.

MDH
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Its a 83-84 ytm 200E 4 stroke, shaft driven, front suspension ,electric start, no reverse or rear shock( suspension). Any ideas on the bearing size or numbers?.... thanks for the welcome mat......:cool: