PDA

View Full Version : tecate help

711jurasich
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
i have a problem with a 85 tecate i spent 1 year reabuiling i finally got it running and it is getting to much fuel i put in a new neadle and seat and set the float height and it is very rich the only way i caN GET IT TO RUN IS TURNING THE IDLE SCREW ALL THE WAY IN I DONT GET IT THE ONLY TIME IT RUNS RIGHT IS IF I TURN THE PET COCK OF AND THE IDLE WILL COME UP AND THE THROTTLE RESPONSE IS THEIR UNTIL IT RUNS DRY CAN U HELP PLEASE IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS IM SO CLOSE THE CARB IS OFF OF A 87 88 TECATE 4 I BELIEVE BECAUSE IT HAS A PLASTIC CHOKE HANDLE

scooterroo
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
take the carb completely apart and clean it thouroughly? check main and pilot jets as well as needle and seat?

wizzard
11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Why do you think it's too rich ? If you kill it, does fuel come out of the overflow on the carb? What size jets are you running and where is your needle set? Blast some carb cleaner through all the ports in the carb while your cleaning it. I don't get why it would run better with the fuel off...

scooterroo
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
sure it will run till it goes dry when the petcock is off, when the petcock is on though, it is getting to much gas i am taking it? a nonstop flow? even when the machine is off, not running? ok...is the needle bent by any chance? if not, is it seating correctly? are your floats working correctly? what color is your plug? could possibly be getting to much gas? when the petcock is on that is? need more info.