PDA

View Full Version : 1983 atc 200

hondaracer11
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
hi everyone i have an 83 atc200 and i went riding and somehow my muffler got loose and fell off i have been riding it for about 2weeks now with out it because i count find it my question is that is it bad to run it like this and also i have an old 4 stroke muffler that seems to fit on it so should i put this one on there or should i just run the strait pipe any help would be great:TrikesOwn

Huffa
11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
hi everyone i have an 83 atc200 and i went riding and somehow my muffler got loose and fell off i have been riding it for about 2weeks now with out it because i count find it my question is that is it bad to run it like this and also i have an old 4 stroke muffler that seems to fit on it so should i put this one on there or should i just run the strait pipe any help would be great:TrikesOwn

:lol: What do you mean you can't find it ?

:wondering You lost it on the trails and didn't notice or at home ?

I'd put the muffler on for sure, most likely it's running lean with a open exhaust like that and must be really loud.

hondaracer11
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
lol it was really dark out and i was riding threw some water and went back the next day and couldnt find it

willrideanythin
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Didnt it get alot louder all at once? LOL

hondaracer11
11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah it got louder but i dint wanna loose my friends on the trail because i dont have a light and it was really dark out

Rustytinhorn
11-13-2007, 02:09 AM
I found your muffler, it washed down behind my shed. lol

The thing that scares me when riding without a muffler is when it backfires.
I would be worried about getting debris, wasps, and water up my header.

sandpuppi101
11-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Running without a muffler Ahe ?? Well if you smoke your all set now ,cuz your headpipe is gonna get so hot that you'll be able to light cigg's off of it,it'll get red hot ! I guess what I'm saying is that it's a bad idea,the motor was desinged to have the muffler,beside's you'll for sure fry your valve's,melt the plastic and eventually it will smoke like a freight train .Bad idea ,get a muffler!