PDA

View Full Version : I have a good idea, I think.....

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Some of us are going crazy trying to remember what fits what or what slightly modified will work too.

So..... I was thinking that we need a TRIKEAPEDIA. Kinda set up similar to Wikapedia where people can go in and add to the information about a subject or change it.

Imagine one page that told you everything about an 86 200X?

Or a step by step tutorial on swapping a 200X front end onto a 250SX with pictures and different ways of fabricating steering stops etc etc.

Not a whole bunch of seperate posts that bounce all around but more in the same format as the Wikapedia.

Not A "search" feature but just one actual page or pages for a given topic.

I know this board keeps growing but there just HAS to be another way to organize what works with what. Especially with all the newer model parts that are swapping over to are 22 year old machines.

Right now I have a "drafts" folder in my outlook espress. Every time someone gives up some information, I cut and paste it into the one page. Thats the only way I can find the information easily.

What do ya think??

steven 250sx
11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
good idea it would help alot of ppl

SYKO
11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
I think thats a good idea, kinda like search 200x carb then the search finds only things about the 200x carb, search 200x carb mods, that search shows carb modifications and upgrades only

Huffa
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Great idea :beer , I'm all for it, how can you not be!

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I just believe that one page with tons of information from different sources could be sweet. If ANYONE could add to it even without being a 3WW member there may be some stuff out there that we don't even know of.

But, I'm just the idea guy and have no idea how to get it going......

IDK, just a thought. This post after post of what fits what gets us by but there has to be another way and change is always GOOD!!

tyman
11-10-2007, 05:39 PM
i thought that was the purpose of the mad scientist lair? .. maybe we should make a Trike Surgery Lair or something?

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2007, 06:40 PM
MSL is for modifying and using newer technology into 20yo machines, which is just one facet of the TRIKEAPEDIA.

This would be more of an "encyclopedia" that discussed everything related to that particular subject.

The forum is great! But 6 months from now I'll probably be using the search feature or asking what axle fits a 85 200X - again.........

Nightbiker07
11-11-2007, 01:53 AM
i lke it! just dont know how to do it.

lokisbuddy
11-11-2007, 01:58 AM
im all for a trike surgery lair but it seems kinda close to mad scientist's?