PDA

View Full Version : dammit more tecate problems

kasuki
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
here the newest thing take a look at the two different bolt patterens for the rear brake set up.the gold is the 84 original. what year is the black one is it a 85.i have three sets of rear calipiars none will fit this carrier.i just put all the new bearings and seals an fresh paint on the rear carrier.then i just got in my new rear brake set up an the dam thing wont bolt up.this hole project has been two years of 1 step forward to only take two setps back.i have to get this done a.s.a.p winter is just around the corner and i still need to get my sleds ready. thanks for letting vent

RacerRichie
11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
man i know what your saying ......................................

dirtface
11-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I've felt your pain and anger. I built a 1984 Tecate, about two years ago, and it was the same way. It was also the first Kawasaki that I had ever had or been around. I almost hate to ride it very much, parts for the Tecate seem to be harder and least plentiful than what they were two years ago when I was building. Hang in there, it will be worth it.

tecat-z
11-07-2007, 08:19 PM
84 and 85 Tecates use two different carriers and two different calipers. The rear caliper on a 84 is a one year deal and is much smaller that 85 style. In 85 the front and rear calipers were the same. So if you have a dick front end just compare calipers. If it's the same you have a 85 caliper. Smaller, 84. You'll be able to tell right away and that will let you know what year carrier or caliper to look for. And yes, the caliper bolt patern is what prevents interchangability. Let us know what you find out.

tecat-z
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
John, you have a 84 style caliper. So you also have a 84 carrier.

kasuki
11-07-2007, 08:45 PM
well i have a 84 caliper and a 85 carrier on the machine by the looks of it.i do have a 84 carrier.but i have to redo everything all over again sand blast paint redo the bearings seals remount everything for one different braket.freaking bogus if you ask me.

BigGreenMachine
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Buy an 85 rear caliper. It is better and braking will be stronger.

ccdhowell
11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
It's looking good, hang in there man.

digity x
11-08-2007, 07:35 AM
hey another t3 in ny nice,should get together and ride this winter i have wonderful places for your t3 to ride up here in galway ny.trails hills and of course frozen lakes good luck with the brakes on your t3