PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers exhaust on a 86 200X

NINJA
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, when my 200X was last together, I was running a White Brothers E-Series universal muffler on it with a custom made head pipe. I stretched the muffler inlet with an exhaust pipe expander to 1 1/2" and used an Yamaha FJR1300 copper muffler gasket to get it to seal and fit nicely to the headpipe. The headpipe I made out of two Cobra 86 200X headpipes with a little welding and torch work. It wasn't very hard to do and fit very nicely when all was said and done. I'll post new pics of it on the trike once I put it all back together. This time I'm going to wrap the headpipe with exhaust wrap.

Dirtcrasher
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Bout time... You been promising those pics for awhile now, LOL.... I guess you finally got the rest of your 200X?

I won't get involved in your other post, I have enough battles myself. But the rocker box pic wasn't clear, I wanted to see the relief you had to make for the cam.... I'm gonna build a motor for my 86 200 some day too. Can I have some secrets? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Did I ask nicely enough?

NINJA
11-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I finally got her all out here. Now the process of putting it all back together again. I really want to go all out with it this next time around. I'm thinking of a removable subframe, some PC, some polishing, different suspension, etc.... Hey, this time around the motor is a 215.

NINJA
11-07-2007, 04:05 AM
And yes, I'll post a clearer picture of that rockerbox tomorrow. If I'm in a good mood, I'll pm you about the details of that motor.

Huffa
11-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Good muffler choice NR !!

I run that on my XR650L. I love the sound (not too loud or too quiet, just RIGHT!!) and tunability of the muffler. I was really picky with muffler choice for this machine and also love the fact it's on the short side in comparison to all others and the cool ovalness of it.

Your making a mistake putting wrap on it though. 2 things ........it looks really ugly and holds in moisture which will speed up the rust process for sure.

:wondering HEY, Your 1st pic didn't come up at first and now that I see it, it looks like it doesn't have any discs, your suppose to run at least 4 in them, no less I think. You have disc for it?

Less = more low end/narrows powerband/quieter

More = more top end/broadens powerband//louder

I didn't realize you had a 86, I love those machines ! :beer

RedRider_AK
11-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Where did you get the universal muffler? Last time I saw one of those was in a year 2000 issue of Dennis Kirk, do they still make them? I'd like to stick one of those on some stuff I have, I've heard they're nice.

Bet it sounds nice! :)