PDA

View Full Version : ATC70 / Lifan motor question....

scooterroo
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
ok guys, well im thinking of going with this motor for my kids 70 cuz the motor in the bike needs work...

http://www.hooperimports.com/product.asp?pf_id=70cc%5F4A%2Dt

my question is i know its kick start, does any one know if they kick forward or backwards? i can get an electric start as well, but where would i put the battery to run the starter? has anyone ever tryed this? im sure someone has...any info would help. im not trying to deck it all out power wise, my kids only 4.

thefox
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I'll be one of those who posts even though they have not personally done what you are asking.

From what I have read (I am looking into this myself) all the China motors (anything but the stock atc motor for that matter) are rear kicking. A lot of people don't bother putting on the kicker and use the electric start only, actually I don’t know if the kicker will clear the rear tire or not. The battery can be put in the rear of the frame by attaching it to the rear skid plate. Then to remove the battery all you have to do is unbolt the skid plate.

blue27
11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes they all kick backwards and will clear the tire but not the fenders. Here is a pic of one I did for a friend. Tres over at Glamis.com figured this out, and it does work. (got to give credit, lol). You will have to cut out the reqar support inside the rear of the frame. If you decide to do this I amd many others can give more details. Also check out Glamis.com ATC70 forum.