PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z Kick start question: Is it possible to stop it from hitting the peg?

VenomRS4
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I remember seeing this topic before. I searched but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for. I think it had to do with a 350x kick start or something. How do I fix this problem?

Mosh
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Use a honda 250x kicker.It is shorter. you will have to grind a 1/8 inch off the bolt area of the honda kicker to make it clear the case.But they work pretty good.
Or just zip tie a piece of 3/8 rubber hose to the footpeg to protect it.Use 3 inches of hose,cut it down the middle and slip it on the front edge of the footpeg,and secure it with zip ties.
I typically start my Z in a way that I never hit the footpeg.You dont have to stab the kicker all the way down to get them to start if they run good.The will start 3/4 of the way thru the stroke.

Bryan Raffa
11-04-2007, 05:51 PM
yes .. heater hose... I have the pegs welded solid on this bike and the kicker sticks just right in the peg everytime! problem solved ..loose it no big deal ..gets chewed up from the peg .. replace it.. I have noticed its easer on the shin too:)

torker
01-13-2008, 01:25 AM
From an ATC or TRX 250X?
TORKER

Mrs.Mosh
01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Trx 250x(the 4 stroke sport quad that turned into the 300ex).
They will totally clear the footpeg and fender and frame,But you will have to shave some material off the backside of the kicker, so it dont grind on the clutch cover.Not much,maybe 1/8th of an inch at the most.It will still be strong.
Once you mock it up,you will see where the shaving needs to be done.
ATC and TRX R will not work.They are offset differently,and do not look right.

This is the best pic we have on file of it mounted up.