PDA

View Full Version : Bad news

Mr.Jake
11-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I went for a great ride with friends yeturday through mud, gravel pits, roads everything. My YTM175 ran great the whole time! But i got home and went to was it and realized the oil filler plug was gone. Looked in the hole and there was mud in there. Im pissed. Took off the left cover and took out the clutch and there was a fiar bit of sludge in there. I got 3 bottles of cleaner and some oil additive cleaner. My plan is to clean the clutch up and the insides around it. Then put it back together and add the oil stuff, drain it, add oil, drain it, and repeat this until the oil comes out cleans. Is there a better way to do this. i dread having to take the transmission apart and cleaning all of it in fear of not putting something back together right and have it not work. Any suggestions?
Thanks Jake.

Russell 350X
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Well if you dont want to take the tranny apart, I think you got it pretty well figured out.

ATC-Eric
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
That really sucks!

Other then taking it apart, your just going to have to flush it A LOT!

Transmission fluid is real good at absorbing water, add some of that to the oil you put in. Ive also heard a lot of people useing deisel fuel.

Head to walmart and buy a whole bunch of cheap oil, and just flush flush flush.

Brockey
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
I would fill the engine with used oil, diesel, or cheap crappy oil, or tranny fluid. And just flip the bike around a little to get the oil everywhere. Then drain. I done this before and filled the engine full, completely full. I had water in a drowned 250sx. Work perfect after the drain off and fill up.

Mr.Jake
11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Ya i cleaned out the clutch are good, got the motor back in the bike and added oil and a whole jug of that additive cleaner stuff, idled it for about 5 mins, then drained it. I got a big jug of oil that im going to use to flush it a few times. Is the best way to do it to flush it, fill it up, idle it, flush it, and repeat. The oil comes out somewhat clean but i would like it better. Also where would i go to get a new plug? Im gonna check a couple small engine places tomorow. Hopefully its not a wierd sized plug.
Thanks, Jake.

rally4x4racer
11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
run it a little bit and shift it thru some gears.. get the parts moving. these things are made for abuse

mdskinner731
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
add deisel feul as previously stated be fore or kerosene also works good.. hopfully u can get it going and be riding it again

Brockey
11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
You can get the plug at NAPA, Canadian Tire, just about any automotive store. They usually sell NGK, you just have to look for your plug number in the book they have there.

Nightbiker07
11-05-2007, 12:06 AM
that sucks ass man. now imagine the oil DRAIN plug falling out on a few test runs before a day of riding.........man that KX80 tranny was smoked..........Dammit

Mr.Jake
11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
brockey, i think your thinkin spark plug, im talkin oil filler plug. Im gonna look around today for one and get some tranny fluid and deisel from work tonight. Ill let ya know how it turns out and get some pics of our ride later on.

Dirtcrasher
11-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll bet most of the plugs are the same thread, it's the length of the dipper that changes - depends if yours is a fill only or level indicating plug too.

Was it rubber or steel? I have a Banshee filler plug you can have....

Mr.Jake
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
its rubber/plastic. i went to three small engine places and a tractor supply place with no luck. I made a temporary fix which is just a rubber with a bolt through it and when you turn the bolt is pushes the rubber out. It seems to work ok. Will a banshee plug work? The plug i had didnt have a dip stick on it, just a allen bolt that says fill level, which i assumed you were supposed to fill it until it ran out of the fill level hole, is this correct?
thanks, Jake.

trimoto.125
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Check out snowline sports in london,ontario. They have tons of trimoto parts. http://www.snowlinesports.ca/